1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Looks like nearly a year exactly since I first asked for this beauty :whistle:
    Can't bloody wait :cool:
    Now I know how long soon is :p

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

All of these things sound amazing, but unfortunately not a single point about performance. I guess it is a lower priority, but for me the game has become unplayable. All tracks contain sections that cause stutter (at least in VR), no matter the performance settings. Even with everything on low, I get stutter at specific locations. SPA is notorious for many spots where it gives stutter.

Perhaps this is mostly a VR users issue, but since I only race in VR I can't play the game anymore.

3. Guillem Castro

Guillem Castro New Member

It will be fixed the issue of refueling in custom championship?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

@Shodan0000 I'm in VR and don't have these issues, could it be something else?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Here I declare I give my name rights to use Reiza as it is “Tolga Yilmaz” as only to use as AI name in Automobilista2. My personalities are; cautious, respect the outlappers and blue flag. Aggressive when in front or no one around. Very precise timing on take off and able to gain a few pace then.
    :whistle:;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm particularly looking forward to the latest AI personality developments and it's always exciting to try out further physics improvements.

Also very pleased to here more AMS1 tracks are coming. I'd particularly like to see Caruaru, Cordoba or Floripa next.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I felt after all my input over the course of the beta i could maybe get my name in game but after asking a few times i think they just don't like me :( Good luck to you though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I know it's not in the short term plans, but just a thank you for considering this as an option, would add a lot to me - even if it's just something that could be done in text editor or it's open to a third-party app like PCARS' custom grid tool. Either way, having cars assigned to drivers and personalities is a huge step, thanks.

No worries, very much looking forward to more vintage content but I really appreciate the update on this one and understand the priorities. By the way, if there aren't any historic tracks planned for the Racin USA packs, I recommend updating the English Steam description because it sort of implies that there are.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

I've tried everything. Different Nvidia drivers, reinstalling AMS2, beta vs non-beta steamVR. lowering performance settings, higher performance settings. I start to think some people are just not so sensitive to these stutters.

I have no issues in any other games, my PC runs perfect, no overclocking, not a single crash ever. Assetto Corsa and Raceroom run amazing in VR. All of these issues came after AMS 1.2

10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd love if we had Meindig in AMS2 at some point. This is an incredible and unique track in its 11km variant.
    Although I can imagine the herculean task to recreate it in AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like Spa Historic?

12. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to hear , I hope you find a solution soon. Have you turn of the graphic accelerator setting in win 10
    Start/setting/Xbox game symbol/top right graphic setting tab. Turn off graphic acceleration thing top left?

13. Terje Helle

Terje Helle Member AMS2 Club Member

What?? I’m in VR to, and this title is has the best VR performance of them all.

The shaders was upgraded last big update, and if you were on the limit before, you might got over the limit after the update? If so, turn down your shaders. It should look the same as before, it’s now just possible to get even better quality on the shaders. (If you have the PC power for it.)

If not, update your drivers and so on. Hopefully that will fix it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Terje Helle

Terje Helle Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh, should read the whole tread before answering.. This is strange? I’m sensitive for stuttering. So I would notice.
    Go to the Reiza forum and send them a message.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I've got a lowly 1060 6Gb gpu and an i5 with good single core performance. No stutters in vr although I've got everything on low except textures and settings to make the inside of the car clear. It's the best SIM for me for performance out of rf2, acc and raceroom.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Nice post and all but again not a single word about multiple controller profiles. Really frustrating not to have them. So much so that it has started to effect my willingness to play AMS2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

first you should do is to edit your signature, so everybody can see your PC specs.
    Sean Smiths specs are good enough to get no stutters, but is yours too? ;)
    Also its well known, that rF2 and AC are not so demanding, but also not so shiny and high quality in case of graphics.
    So you cannot compare it to AMS2 directly.
    Btw, does your PC stutter with ACC?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Best VR experience here in AMS2 compared to any other, like there is not even a contest. So I hope you get it fixed as it must be something on your end. Good luck mate.

19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

all the planned features should cover the need of more than 99% of all us users.
    I think there are not more than 1% of users who have more than one rim.
    So do you really think your demand should be the highest priority? meh :p

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

We definitely need random Kangaroos

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2