1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Sithos

Sithos New Member

Free Camera confirmed? ;-)
    (Hockenheim Screenshot)

... would be awesome !

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Hopefully the "map multiple commands to the same button" function will help with more than one wheel - I think there are quite a few users who have more than one wheel!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

For me, this all sounds very promising - and given the size of the 1.2 update, feels about right.

I am very keen to see what Custom Championship developments/bugfixes have materialised for this weekend - really hoping that refueling is on the list.

I would also be interested to understand the timeline, if one exists, for when Custom Championships will be available as a Multiplayer game mode. The ability for AMS2 to manage championship entries and points-scoring would really make it a more viable option for multiplayer leagues. The mixed-economy of player-and-AI grids in a online custom championship is something that would be extremely welcomed over my way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I take it you don't do any night driving? or, if you do, you don't have any AA enabled? I must admit, the game runs fantastically well during the daylight hours, but the moment other car headlights come on and those cars are behind you.. the performance really takes a massive hit. Would love to see some night time optimisation at some point (if possible).. even if its just options to limit the number of cars casting shadows with headlights behind you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

Thanks for all the feedback all. Unfortunately I think I tried already every suggestion.

My specs are 5800x / 2070 super / 32GB ram / HP Reverb G2.

I play at around 2200x2200 pixels per eye. But again, lowering this setting seems to have no effect. I still get stutter at certain locations or sometimes @ random.

I will try some more later, but after a time it becomes frustrating and I just return to AC since it works without these issues.

Perhaps reinstalling windows is the only hope for me, but since no other games have these issues, I'm hestitant to do this for only AMS2

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

• Winner x 13
    • Like x 4
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  7. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

I've got it going very well at night or rain, mostly med settings, shadows off and reflections low, no detailed grass or detailed mirror, particles low/off. MSAA low and oculus slider at 1.2 resolution at 72hz and oculus debug tool horisontal fow 0.8 and vertical 0.6 (the fow reduction is really what makes the difference here, with 1.0 and 1.0 fow it's choppy as hell). I know you have a HTC, but this is what works for me with the Quest 2

8. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Lots of promise but ultimately ending for me in further disappointment. Sadly I've now fallen out of love with this title. I don't care about weather or seasonal looks, I just want to be able to have confidence in a car and it tell me what it is doing. Although there have been several occasions when the FFB was a pure delight and as good as anything I've ever felt in any sim, it so far has always ended up being vague and uninformative. As an example when the Group C cars were released the initial feeling was utterly incredible. I remember posting that I could feel the rubberyness of the tyres and feel them squashing down under the downforce generated by speed. It was wonderful but it didn't last long. None of my go to cars have any good feeling to them, MCR2000, F3, Formula Vintage. Even the more recent GTEs have this problem and I'm on tenterhooks waiting for a sudden loss of grip to end in disaster the whole time, it simply does not tell me what it is doing sufficiently. As an example in the Caterham Academy at Brands Indy, it will lose grip at the long right hander that leads back to the start finish and slide sideways without any indication of this in the FFB. I'm a very unhappy bunny and now reluctant to spend any more time on trying to get AMS2 to work well for me. Sorry Reiza team, I hate posting negative experience and want so badly for this to be good for me, but it just isn't and I am losing hope it ever will be tbh. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I will have to agree with that. Except for the f3 which feels nice for me.

But the point here is true; the ffb in some cars just feels incredible (eg sprint car, m1 pro car etc) while in others not. But i m guessing Reiza constantly works and tries to improve it :)

10. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Buenos Aires is coming, hype :)
    Thanks Reiza, this track is missing really!
    The second one: I love the two street tracks but I hope it could be Caruaru as well....
    KEEP ON!

11. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, couldn't care less about your opinion.:rolleyes:

12. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

and the odd tree falling across the road!

• Like Like x 1
  13. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

This sounds like the complete opposite of what I experience with the FFB. AMS2 being the best to communicate when the car is going sideways. So it sounds like it could be good for you, but there's something wrong with the way the FFB ends up working with your system. A Discord buddy had an issue with his DD1 for the longest time and found that deleting the Documents/Automobilista 2/ folder and choosing another wheel preset as the base made the FFB come alive.

So is it possible that this is going on? I find it hard to believe that we're experiencing the same type of FFB information.

Edit: why are some disagreeing? I’m only trying to help. I’m not saying neal is wrong with the assessment.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any chance we can see a list of what attributes have been implemented and definitions/intended effects of each? I think it will help shed a positive light on the AI if players know what AI behaviours to look out for and then see them in action during races.

How about even just a list of all drivers with their respective attribute values, even just as a textual list outside of the game, like on the forum - just so we know what to expect from each driver?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Philip Antonia

Philip Antonia New Member

I feel the same, Reiza have worked hard to sort PC2s horrible physics etc, but as good as certain things feel, there's something about the ffb and behaviour of some cars that simply ruins the experience. I keep coming back and trying, but keep heading back to my alternatives. Last update certainly didn't inspire any confidence that will ever feel "right" for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And empty VB cans scattered all over the place, and crowds with mullets and missing teeth.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

edit- ninja'd

18. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

You already have a free cam. If we’re talking about the same thing.

19. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Would help if you explained more what the problem is, is it specifically with FFB in some cars or in general? Lots of people don't like the default FFB and prefer different custom FFB files, the problem is not necessarily just that "the physics are wrong".

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Mate Ive just been watching some hilarious stuff from Supercars. People who complain about aggressive Ai need to have a butchers at this lot :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1