1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2021.

1. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It was the first thing I did this time, for both the Beta and general release versions, delete the docs folder. I know Juan has similar feelings to this for some time and has not been able to find a good feel to the FFB.
    Are you using a custom FFB file or just the Reiza default? I find the Reiza default to be more lacking than the last Custom FFB file that NuScorpii provided but even that is lacking in so much info too. Also a big problem here is there are some cars that are put together well and some that are not at that level or have been and have become 'broken'.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Ok, just making sure, because I have seen this kind of thing before.

I use the default FFB, always found it very good. For sure there’s quality variance. I get very clear pull towards opposite lock if the rear swings out. What I don’t get is old R3E FFB style front tire info. Front tire load changes can feel a bit vague, but it doesn’t matter to me that much. That’s the biggest source of variance between cars for me.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m merely saying that the default must work differently between us. Maybe it doesn’t, but that’s what I believe based on your description.

Physics and car quality is a separate matter :).

Edit: Feel free to mention me in some FFB thread if I can somehow help with troubleshooting - probably not, but still.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Guys let’s please avoid turning this into yet another FFB / physics discussion thread - there are already multiples of them.

If someone is not enjoying the game now it is unlikely they will ever gel with it - that’s unfortunate but really isn’t the end of the world for anyone involved. Plenty of options out there for people with different expectations of what a sim should or should not do - let’s live and let live shall we :)

• Like Like x 24
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. EK32117

EK32117 New Member

@Renato Simioni.

Will the Porsche RSR 74 be part of this weekends update? Thanks!

5. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've been a strong advocate for Reiza and its quality development of sims for a good few years so I'm very disappointed to read your response, @Renato Simioni . I've spent a lot of money and time on AMS 2 which you just dismiss as nothing with a pithy reply about not the end of the world.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hijacking a threat with a totally different subject is not cool. It should be common sense, but some people are just clueless. On the other hand, it is a good opportunity to increase the numbers in my Ignore list!

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. macbtz

macbtz Member

+1 and mandatory pitstop

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

When are we getting better options for controller support so that driving cars with a controller feels as good as in AMS1?
    Right now it feels like the same issues as PCars2 with built-in aids that cannot be turned off and input lag.

9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What reaction did you expect from him ? We all have certain games we don't like.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you want to get actual help/support, please feel free to post your issues in a thread like this:
    Automobilista 2 Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

You can't expect to receive much help in an announcement thread. Better directing this at a place that is more focussed with actual settings at hand, because you have a specific hardware/software combination, that might actually need some dedicated setting-up and maybe after all it even reveals something that might disturb interaction between game and hardware. (Also interesting to see, that you and Juan both use the Accuforce so maybe it's related to that)

Don't forget to post your FFB settings (ingame and sim commander etc.) to give guys with appropriate knowledge base a chance to see and give any helpful points.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

To all sad people here AMS2 did not (jet) hit their expectations right… plz stick with us and do not give up hope.

i can not read minds, but i am quite sure that no area of AMS2 is in super final state right now, so is not FFB. Guess Reiza can not work on all fronts simultaneously, so patience plz. I have the trust that we will get there.
    Well, Renato knows better in detail for sure. ;)

in the meantime feel free to enjoy any other sim on market also.
    Never in my whole sim-life there were so many options to choose from. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jamespoly86

jamespoly86 Member

1) For me AI editor is important. I bought this game for AMS1 AI editor and I hoped that AMS2 also have this feature. What about at least change AI names?
    2) Mandatory pitstop at the center of a race is another priority.
    3) In championship the player livery shouldn't appear in AI liveries.

13. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That, and in terms of sim racing we all also have very different expectations of what a sim physics and FFB should “feel” like, and they are often contradictory - speaking only of our own sims, we have people that love both AMS1 & 2 and perceive their obviously shared DNA; others that love 1 and not 2, and yet another group who love 2 but not 1, people who love how 2 has progressed and some who think it took a turn for the worse - stating we can’t please them all is a long learned fact not an attempt to dismiss people’s opinions, which if they bought the product they are certainly entitled to sharing - kindly in the appropriate topic.

Moving on now…

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias Active Member

A classic AMS1 track that is not yet on AMS2 is Buenos Aires. That would be my choice. A track that with its versions, covers a series of historical and current classes.
    Other AMS1 tracks are welcome, Caruaru, Salvador, Ribeirão Preto...

Keep up the good work.

Edit:
    On second thought, I don't think it's Buenos Aires. By the variations, this track can be part of a historical pack (dlc).
    The options would be: Floripa, Caruaru, Salvador or Ribeirão Preto.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not just about owning multiple rims.. You may want different profiles for DRS/P2P or non DRS/P2P vehicles as you maybe limited for buttons or different damping settings or for dogleg manual or non dogleg manual vehicles or for vehicles that have adjustable ARB's or a simple load function when you have to delete the AMS2 folder etc..

Other race sim have this option and it is very useful...

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Agreed mostly, but I'm pretty impressed with Reiza focusing specifically on these kind of issues in the June build, instead of chucking more content (which I don't mind one bit either)

17. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

In the mean time, back to possible new content for AMS2......

What are the chances to have GT Sprint Race or the Copa Shell HB20 in AMS2?
    Both are unique Brazilian racing series using some very well known vehicles :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I love the vintage 911 Porsches of my birth decade and I'm happy to have one in AMS2. The porsches work very well as a series of its own just liike the M1. I just hope Reiza gets the very distinctive sound with all the changing subtle notes through the rpm range somewhat right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Where can we find the original liveries? I've installed some ugly GTE pack liveries and it overwrote all the originals.....

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. maconnolly

maconnolly New Member

If your installed livery pack was installed in the expected way, you should be able to return to the originals by simply deleting the folder/files that you added.

Typically, custom liveries are installed by placing the texture files with an accompanying XML file into the /CustomOverrides/ (I think) folder. Actually, that XML file is the key bit - it signposts the game to use the new files, all of which will be referenced inside it. Removing the XML file should do the trick.

The original liveries are baked into the encrypted BFF files in another part of the installation folder.

I will check on my installation, shortly, to verify the exact folder path for you, in case the above doesn't make it clear enough. Apologies if that is the case.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1