1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

So the default mapping for the thing he means is funky switch to the right for changing the delta time mode with Fanatec devices. Have you tried to do that while driving?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe the default key is the tab key on your keyboard, maybe give that a try

• Like Like x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

And you race in VR do you? You must have hit the jackpot then with your setup because thats a lot lower than mine. Find it pretty hard to believe personally unless you are running some sort of motion smoothing.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  4. XettMan

XettMan Active Member

I do not mean the hud, I mean the delta indicator. In the Fanatec rims it is the right round switch. Push this to the right.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

That’s great news, neal. :)
    Maybe you will post your way of tuning FFB from dislike to like in the FFB thread, so others will be able to participate from your way. ;)

6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

"Meisterjäger" was actually seen quite often on Orange Cars as a mockery. It has a funny conotation for apprentices, and is still a correct german word of general meaning, so it can't be branded. In fact the word "Jägermeister" is not a protected brand since it is a general use word, only in conjuction with the colours and font style.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Aah, I've assigned the rotational button (click to right) as my TC control. Must've clicked said delta indicator somewhere else. Tx! All my wheel assignments have been customized though.

edit: OK just found this split times setting, but even assigned to F1 it does nothing, with all the huds and delta activated in the huds itself?

Edit: Hang on, let me just do a lap to actually have a delta.

Edit: Got it, thanks all!!
    20210703190956_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  9. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@Renato Simioni - In this update, the Superkart (Just testing now) has rolled back to being broken as per previous issues. (Severe damage at start, red brakes etc).

10. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

TekNeil, this isn't the release thread or the bug report thread, but I'll answer with what I know, plus some speculation:

I brought up the Superkart issue in the beta forum. Judging by the answers I got from Reiza, there have been no changes to the Superkart in v1.2.1.2, so from what I can tell, it must have been a coincidence that the Superkart brakes were fixed in v1.2.1.0. The bug seems to be caused by something unknown.

11. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

@Roar McRipHelmet Cheers for the info. The issues certainly were somewhat addressed:
    The above V1.2.0.0 did mean there were no damage warnings or silly brake readings/colours etc.
    In this update, the issues are back, and without the aforementioned 'Proper' fixes..

12. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi dear community members, dear Reiza staff !

As posted earlier in this forum, I live just about 10 miles away from the Hockenheim circuit.
    So it was real fun to check out the season foliage update of the Hockenheim circuit.

I picked up a date where I am sure that there was an unbelievable weather here to see how
    it is shown in the game.

It was the new years eve on 1979 when a massive snow storm hit the area and at that day lot of roads where blocked caused by the snow, we had between 30 and 50cm of snow and everyone stayed home on that day.

So in the game for that specific date there is "foggy" weather, just a little bit ice beside the track.
    Nearly no snow is visible, just a little bit beside the track.

I was not able to see any "snow" conditions at any specific date where I am pretty sure that it was snowing a lot.

Anyway this should be no "critics" it's just a little hint that the weather model does not always reflect the
    "real" conditions.

But it was really great fun and a hard challenge to drive at 1 degree air and track temperature with a historic F1 car. If you watch my video keep an eye at the tire temperature going down from green to less than blue even at full speed.

The graphics are looking awesome even if there is no snow, superb sun rays breaking thru the fog and the trees !
    The sounds are really great when driving off the track through the grass you can hear the ice "crackling".

I have just published a short funny video with a 2 lap race in Hockenheim (historic 1977 circuit with the McLaren M23) on 01/01/79 15:00.

Please enjoy, have a great day and keep on racin' !

Thx Reiza for another fantastic update ! The game is getting more end more the No. 1

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  13. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They confirmed this was going to be the case long ago. No full snow trackside or on track ever.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Thx for your update on this mate I was not aware of this !

15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought the same as you - that those changes also were applied on the Superkarts. I asked Reiza about this, and learned that they were not. So there is a separate unknown issue that causes some builds to have the Superkart damaged brake error and other builds not. Very weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Hoping this to be a long press enabled buttons. This really makes huge flexibility over single press one. Or will we need to press more then one buttons to get same functionality (more cumbersome solution). Any ideas how this will work?

17. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

probably is the opposite...
    option to map multiple key or buttons to the same commands in-game

18. Terje Helle

Terje Helle Member AMS2 Club Member

I have over clocked my CPU to 5.1 that helps a lot for single core speed. And that’s what get used the most in VR. So it could be that. Also my GPU are overclocked, but I don’t think that has a lot to do with it. No motion smoothing, that makes everything feel like driving in sirup.

19. Terje Helle

Terje Helle Member AMS2 Club Member

I think maybe you haven’t optimized your system at all. ?

20. Iosu

Iosu Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS tracks I would love to see in Ams2 in order of preference: Buenos Aires, Floripa, Mendig, Salvador, Caruaru, Cordoba, Riberao Preto...and Potrero de los Funes haha