1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 June 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2021.

1. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Pretty much everyone has Mendig in their list... It's just that special vibe around airfields and their surrounding roads.
    The evening sun casting its nostalgic orange glow on the whole scene... A melancholic synthwave tune mixed into your audio...

Please, please let it be Mendig.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

If they did Mendig, I'd really love them to do a 'historic' version of it - it always struck me as a type of track that may have been used in the '60s and '70s but wouldn't be today.

Suspect from the various hints we've had in the past that it's Beunos Aries though, which would be my preference.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
  3. Iosu

Iosu Member AMS2 Club Member

Buskerud is already released

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stix_09

Stix_09 New Member

While game doesn't support this you can use 3rd party programs to achieve this (like AutoHotKeys, remapping keys, buttons, macros etc , very powerful) , or use voice activated commands with programs like VoiceAttack.

VoiceAttack is prob the easiest use/setup, and it works very well and can be used for pretty much any sim/game or pc control in general (trying to use menus while driving is likely to cause a crash, voice is much easier). Its cheap and u can use it for free with up to 20 commands to try it out. (I highly recommend that)

• Like Like x 1
  5. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Maybe you're right. Just for comparison so I can start investigating, could you tell me what Frame rate (fps or ms timing) you get at Nurburgring Veedol , mid pack on the grid of 15 GT3 cars at midnight with Rain weather? That will help me track down how bad my machine is by comparision. I have everything on High (MSAA medium, Grass OFF) except track detail on Ultra and I get 12.8 ms in these conditions (78 fps) (Vive Pro @ 120% SS). Anything below 90fps looks stuttery to me unfortunately.

This may seem like over the top settings for VR but it makes it easier for comparison purposes. Lowering anything except MSAA (ie turning it off) doesn't seem to make much difference anyway and even turning MSAA off doesnt leave enough headroom for the odd "stutter" from time to time and tbh, it looks pretty bad at night without MSAA..

6. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I use joy2key which is able to do this easily. However, AMS2 should still have better support out of the box.

7. Stix_09

Stix_09 New Member

Yes,
    It's becoming a fav sim for me even if still quite unpolished and an unfinished product in UI, features and content when u compare it to titles like PC2 even if it drives very well. That's why I waited a year to buy it quite recently. I love the driving , but expect we will not see this until late 2022 IMHO.
    They had to sell it to complete the development we will see in the future... It will get there.

Some sims like AC are only good here because of mods and content manager (ie community content) well after end of development and still going strong.
    If these small developers did not put products on the market they probably would not survive (its not a aaa developer or game) DLC is a business model (tho it can be abused , I don;t see that is the case with AMS IMHO)

But my point was there are other options to deal with this shortcoming at present with key , button mapping, and they can give u a better result than any sim ever will (same with things like Simhub and Crewchief)

8. Rodger Davies

Oops, that shows how much I use the karting content!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I can't wait for the Buskerud ice racing track on the frozen lake. Better be very careful what date you pick or with the new RealWeather you'll simply sink to the bottom right after spawning into the session :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In Project Cars2 yes it is possible to create a small online championship, can this resource come to AMS2?
    Another question is whether there is a schedule of content that will be released between international and national content? I say to assess whether or not it pays to buy AMS2 season pass.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

<Delete>

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i don't think i'll get any additional national content. Red Bull Ring and thats it ;) :p

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can give you one short answer, the season pass is absolutely and totally worth it!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dale Ballweg

Dale Ballweg Member

I thought there was some historical track update coming but I haven't seen any indication that is still coming or have I missed the announcement.

15. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah with the next big update there will be a ams1 track released, and they are also working on monza dlc i believe, just be patient, it will all come in due time

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rodger Davies

There'll be a Monza DLC later this year (only unofficial but strongly hinted at) with some historical variants.

The Historic Track Pack (now Parts 1 and 2) has been pushed to 2022.

No news on the historic variants for Spa or Nurburgring but I'm not holding my breath - I imagine Spa will come before the others.

Finally, the Racin USA pack advertises itself on Steam as having historic tracks but I think this is a mistake from Reiza to be honest - either way, we'll find that out later in 2021.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It is not out on release yet. As a backer you can download the notformedia build, it will be there. Head to the area 51 forum for more info if you need.

18. Davey

Davey New Member

About that custom steering lock, where is it? I'm assuming that when the gamepad preset is set, the UI automatically overrides the default setting so it has the new gamepad custom values. Am I wrong or missing something? I didn't see any visual change in the setup screen. Just for the record, I'm using a legit Dualshock 2 with the Twin Usb Joystick Adapter, running through Steam big picture mode with relaxed analog curves, for less twitchy steering inputs. In game it recognizes really well, despite not having rumble effects (Dinput). So, is there an addtional option in the car setup for it or it's like I mentioned above?

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

When your game is recognizing no wheel, but Keyboard or Gamepad, it sets the steering lock down. If it doesn't apply, just hit the reset to defaults button in the setup menu once.^^

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

There's no new setting. What happens is if you're using a controller in each car's setup the steering lock will be set at its lowest value making the car less sensitive on turning. For someone like me who uses steering sensitivity = 50 and speed sensitivity = 0 & controller damping = 0 decreasing steering lock in the car setup can make cars a bit easier to drive, but for people who use low sensitivity and high speed sensitivity & high controller damping having steering lock too low might make the cars feel understeery.