1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree
    Agree, you can't just mash the throttle in those and expect it to stick.

2. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

You sir must have the highest likes / post ratio ever. Well done and nice to see so many courteous simmers around here. So refreshing compared to the rest of the interwebs :p
    Back to the topic. I get that we all want the most realistic experience possible and even though AMS2 is not far behind, if at all compared to some other sims, once you factor in the graphics, seasons, variety of tracks and cars, it's by far the most enjoyable experience for me personally even if it's still lacking here and there. I just can't seem to get enough of it :D

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Meta:
    This kind of "yes it is" and "no it isn't" discussion is what naturally happens when humans are let loose on an internet board. But I often wonder if we're playing the same game. Sometimes this is the case, because someone needs to delete their Documents/Automobilista 2/ folder for whatever reason (not good, but it often changes things).

What I hope we could arrive to together is some kind of pinpointed problem. Vague and/or simplistic declarations of "too much grip" or "too little grip" and especially "simcade" or "very realistic" don't seem actionable to me.

I have over 400 hours in AMS2. I very rarely play any single title this much. I would like it to get better. It does lack in many areas while also delivering more value for me than anything else out there. But I don't have much trust in random feedback on the internet that's based on who knows what. Especially with often conflicting criticism. Obviously it's not me who has to be convinced - I'm just saying :p.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Couldnt agree more. Data or examples of specific track/corner/car combinations that really drill down to the point in question, rather than subjective discussion has to be the minimum or its simply a 'he said/she said' tennis match. Even ffb settings can affect how a car 'feels' so it ultimately must be realised that unless issues are described almost pedantically, its pretty much just lost in the background static.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

I would like to urge as many of you as possible to join this website (I'm not affiliated at all).
    Always nice to see how you compare to the rest in racing conditions.

Edit: I don't use the telemetry as it's fairly basic but the timing leader board is really cool

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

I'll have a look at that one!

• Like Like x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Snetterton looks really great, but is it possible to fix track cam issue at anytime ?
    snet.jpg

8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Historic weather still not available on any date/track I tried.

9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Great video that really shows off the fantastic sun rays/wet track effects. I gave the exact same race setup a go in VR. I have everything on high basically except MSAA on medium. Wow, it looks fantastic and not a stutter in sight. Morning light rain in winter seems quite frame rate friendly in VR for me, even at Nurburgring Veedol. Smooth all the way and never looked better. AI are quite slow but well behaved at least. :)

Thanks for sharing.

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Still slow? Have you tested in 1.2.1.4? (Because all the Nürburgring GP track layouts should also be improved in pace now)

Btw. guys, try Bathurst. Should deliver a quite good boost for AI pace now.

11. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Of course. I am on latest version. But dont worry, my AI seems completely different to everyone else’s. :D

12. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Have not tried Nurb GP or Bathurst yet, but I raced the AI at Donnington, with the GT3 class, and at 100 difficulty they were indeed very slow. I'm a slow driver and I was the faster car on track by more than one second per lap.

I drove the Mclaren GT3 and this car, while still not perfect, is an improvement over what it used to be and it feels more like a car now. The issue I had with the Macca GT3 prior to this patch is what I can only describe as being "too grippy on the throttle but too slippy on the brakes". Certainly a very simplified description that is probably not usefull at all but I don't know how else to describe it.

Prior to this patch, if I approached a corner with the Macca GT3 faster than I should I could usually avoid the incoming understeer by just keeping my foot on the throttle while turning the wheel more. If my foot was not on the throttle the car would understeer (as expected) in this situation, but by just acelerating and turning the wheel into the corner I could make the car grip and make the turn like a rollercoaster on a rail and it felt very weird. Acelerating more if you're understeering should cause even more understeer instead no? At least that's what happens not only in other sims but also in the other GT3 cars in AMS2...

Anyway this seems to be much better now. I still experienced a bit of this behaviour in the first few laps with fresh tires, but not to the extreme that it used to be.

The "slippy on the brakes" part is still there and coming from spending most of my time in ACC and R3E over the past week I was finding it very hard to modulate the brakes on AMS2 in this car. Twice I've spun the car while attempting to trail brake on the first corner (Donnington GP) and at the last corner before the finish line I was having problems as well. After awhile I adjusted to it but I still find it way too easy to lock the tires and cause a spin with little warning while on the brakes with this car. It feels like an "on/off" switch when it happens.

Despite what might seem like a very negative post my overall eperience, once I adjusted to the brakes, was actually enjoyable. I used to hate this car in AMS2 and just pretend like it didn't exist, but now I actually had fun with it, even if I think it still needs some work.

EDIT: Woah this post ended up way bigger than I expected. "Novel of the year" awards here I come :D

13. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

I think that you hit the nail in the head. AMS2, like many other sims, needs 2 default setups. One that is stable and easy to drive, and an agressive one that is faster and more challenging. I was complaining the other day about the McLaren road car, as it felt too unstable. Most of my issues went away after deleting the game folder and adjusting the setup a bit. Most cars (but not all) have a reasonable default setup now, but that might lead some people not to like them. I think it would be smart for Reiza to provide those two default setups and give users a more targetted default experience. ACC is a good example of a sim that does it's two default setups really well.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried moving your brake bias forward? It usually will do it for me.

15. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see this too. Needs to be said that ACC also has per track setups which is out of the question for a long while if not forever given the amount of track combos. But for sure it'd be great to have two quality defaults for trickier cars at least.

Keep in mind that AMS2 seems to punish for aggressive downshifting when you hop between sims like that. It's as if the blip doesn't help that much when on the brakes and going down to 2nd/1st.

(Some cars just don't have auto-blip like the Super V8 which means that it WILL bite you if you're not careful)

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Agree that two set-ups per car would be a great improvement, though I doubt we'll see that for a while given the many urgent issues that are still in the oven and occupying lots of dev time. In the mean time, if you want some improved set-ups, look here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ2blu-aPvRnINJ8Fr8QzmQ

This is vastly better than just a set-up sharing site because if you watch/listen to the videos you will also learn how to tweak your own set-ups, which for many of the cars in the game is quite easy because there are limited garage options available.

The site is run by "our own" @steelreserv, so you'll also see his posts in the forum.

• Like Like x 3
  17. sampopel

sampopel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

How about Silverstone - I noticed that it's had revised AI paths? The AI pace is almost good enough for me now although in a field of 20 McLaren GT3s (100% speed, 60% aggression), I'm still faster than the fastest AI by about 1/2 second and about 4 seconds faster than the slowest AI. It's a different story in other classes - I can only just about keep up with the slowest AI in the V8 Supercars.

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This can have several reasons. Also AI class calibration instead of track. It's always on the radar to get more consistent over the map, but it takes quite some time.
    But AI at 110 at Silverstone 2020 (the revised one) is now faster than ever IMO. They're also more consistent through Maggots Becketts Chapel, for example.

19. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So you suggest I should make bad setups so the cars regain character? I just drive the laserscanned Nordschleife in BeamNG to get the real challenge and holy sh*t does it destroy every so called sim-racing title in terms of physics. AMS2 was impressively close once, but choose to copy the games instead going real. Funny, since BeamNG has 6.4k average and 13.5k peak players.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

That may be true,but it is miles away from being a complete game.
    Wreckfest (Physics)+ BeamNG (Physics) + AMS2 (GFX) = The perfect SIMULATOR:D

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1