1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.0.0 & Racin´ USA Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.2.1.4

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jun 4, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Started a custom championship with my beloved little Vee'S and saw that the following issues are still there:
    1. No matter which date I set (in my case July/August), the game always schedules the training session in March. No idea, if this is just a mistake in the UI-screen.
    2. An AI always has the same livery than me, I did not exceed the number of maximum AI (20) for this class, though. On the other hand, one livery is missing in the field of AI.
    3. The strange graphic issues when switching from one session to next is still there. Leaving session and restart functions as workaround, but nonetheless this should be fixed.
    4. Real historic weather not available for me on any date/track.

Don't know, if the issue that championship never ends and you can do the last race over and over again is fixed. I am not that far with my championship yet.

Just a wish: Would be nice if we could edit the series after having started. Sometimes I forget a track I would like to race on and it would be great if I could add it later on.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personal attacks are desperate strategies for having no arguments. Your video of deliberate spins with stupid inputs has the same taste and being accused of attention seeking from a YouTuber has some irony in itself:whistle:. Now a third time: I was not talking about GT3/GTE-cars at all (that are way too fast compare to the real ones), but about cars without assists that drive like they have assists on. The F1 GT1, modern Stockcars, Super V8, M1 ProCar, Group A, Copa Montana drive almost like a GT3 with a bad setup today and were much better once. Instead of delicate throttle control I can hammer the throttle now and instead of saving tyres during a race I must push now all the time because temporary heat spots on tyres are gone.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

There’s something very odd going on if you can drive these cars like that as far as I’m concerned.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The video was an answer to another user, that asked for a prove... So much for attention seeking.

It's almost as if cars are getting more drivable, because fundamental flaws of the driveline and tires are dwindling more and more and Kart driving approach doesn't apply anymore. :whistle:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Hi Deadly, Tried the V last night for the first time really apart from release test, after reading your Bathurst AI pace post. no full comment on that yet but I did run 100/90 and yes they are fast up and down the mountain, swines lol,
    On the weather front I changed V races to Brands Hatch and had 3 different real weathers aug/sept/oct 1986 mainly looking for change in leaf colours on trees (good) Had wet and dry spells in races. so this end the weather works for me. Ref the V thank to your post and setting up the car it is a responsive back to basics nice thing. not unlike f trainer. Will run it more now.
    However it does seem to have an adjustable TC scale in setup that should not be there(probably reported already)
    Sure I read somewhere it was removed for cars that dont have it. not this 1 but.
    EDIT I will run the V and give you my weather settings for you to try and compare. later.
    As I'm at work and the game has been uninstalled and is reinstalling this morning.

6. CrimsonEminence

TC setup options of cars, that don't have it, are dead sliders. It's a UI glitch basically.

• Informative Informative x 3
  7. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I like this video very much!
    It indeed proves that the physics are right in AMS2 and that the problem (can’t spin GT3 cars, they are glued to the track, can’t make donuts, seems unrealistic…) is on the side of the players and not the games engine.
    I must admit that I am also one of the noobs who have problems with going sideways/drifting. But I always knew that the problem was on my side.
    I‘m just happy that my favourite sim has correct physics and that I can continue my work so that one day I will be able to drift a GT3 car and do things like in the video. :D
    Many will think I am crazy: why should I want to drift or spin? Shouldn’t I be happy if the car is glued to the asphalt and instead try to achieve the fastest possible laptime?
    Yeah, but I want to be able to do it just for fun, be able to master and control a car in extreme situations, throw it around, drift it, make controlled donuts.
    I guess it would feel good and look cool. Yes, I know it’s not the target of a racing simulator. And it would be easier with other cars than GT3s. But the video proves it‘s possible so why not try to learn it too? Just for fun!
    Any hints how it’s done (what to change in setup or just driving technique) would be very welcome of course… :p:oops:
    I want to drift a GT3!!!:D:rolleyes::oops:

8. CrimsonEminence

Remove rear wing, increase front negative camber, stiffen rear suspension (rear stiff ARB probably enough) , increase diff preload a lot and go high steering lock. Should go power-on oversteer. And turn off TC.

Also works fine with SC2020 (without turning off TC, because it has none, of course)
    Can go power oversteer everywhere with it and don't even need stupid yanking on the wheel...

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The vast majority of that work was not prompted by wheel inputs, the back end stepped out on power. What did you want me to do, try and save it too? That wasn't the point. The point is the back end stepped out leading to a spin. If you can't tell the difference between watching someone snap into spin or not. Don't start the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Thanks for your answer, Maser V6.
    At 100%, I beat the AI by far on any track with these cars, but at Bathurst they are really strong. So, the AI strenght is somehow inconsistent (like in many sims).
    Edit: Especially through the esses down the hill, they can drive like bumpiness in corners would not be there.

Did not notice this TC issue before, because I have switched all aids off in my general settings. Tried different values now between 0 and 10 and can do a drift challenge with any settings if I want to. ;)
    So, I guess that this has no effect when TC is switched off in general. But you are right, those cars did not have any driving aids.

REAL WEATHER: I guess/hope I coincidentally found a workaround. Anytime I start a race weekend and choose real weather, game tells me that data is not available and loads actual weather instead. I save it that way, than press the escape-button and switch to main screen. When I then go back to the race settings again, real weather is miraculously loaded and available for any date. :) Strange.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Given that many people new to AMS2 have experience with GT3 cars in other games and are likely to try those out first, it's not really a surprise a lot of the criticism is directed at those cars. So maybe it's ironic in the Alanis Morrissette -sense that it's not ironic at all.

What is the right way though? The way they spun in AMS1? Renato already said that they considered the low-speed grip to be too peaky in AMS1 and worked hard to reduce the effect but couldn't totally eliminate it. There have also been "snappy" cars in AMS2, but most of them have been tamed by recent updates. So I guess Renato and the team have worked years to make their cars... less realistic?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

No. Cars, that don't feature TC, but have a TC slider in the setup still, are still not equipped with any TC. It's just not deactivated in the UI and the slider dead.

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

That is exactly what I meant: TC is not there, no matter which values player chooses. ;):whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Manohy

Manohy Member

Nice reading

15. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

This is great, thanks. I definitely cannot do that on my Porsche GT3. Can you screenshot your setup and/or add the setup to the video like you typically do.

I’d like to test it myself or see if something g is wrong and my game needs a reset.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

I don’t care to spread BS, but just want it to be the best game out there.

As for spins, you saw Steel’s list of changes to get it to spin. I still couldn’t recreate it (hopefully he posts the setup). The idea you need to do that much just to get the car to behave normally speaks to either a physics problem or a default setup problem. Either of which could be fixed and we’d all be better off.

I generally don’t wade into the physics/realism wars, but this one feels so noticeable to me I’d like to get it solved. That’s what these forums are supposed to be about, or so I thought, rather than people attacking each other’s opinions and recommendations.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

I don't mean you. This was more a comment in general about the Internet, related to the green sky comment.^^ Disclaimer added...

For the setup, just remove rear wing, increase front negative camber, stiffen rear ARBs, highly increase diff preload and deactivate traction control...you should have a drifty car now

18. CJRacing

CJRacing Member

No worries, self-centered on my part to think it’s all about me, haha.

But I’m still concerned that you, for example, need to deactivate TC to get it to spin. That shouldn’t be how TC operates in a GT3, at least in my sim experience playing other major sim titles.

That feels more like a physics issue than a setup issue.

19. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

Isn't the TC system being worked on right now?

20. CrimsonEminence

You don't need to deactivate tc to make it to spin. But expecting it to spin with fresh tires, TC and half decent setup, even calling that a physics issue is more part of the problem here...

• Agree Agree x 2