1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Meujeu

Meujeu New Member

v1.2.1.4
    Track & Layout Used
    : Silverstone International Historic 2001 & Jerez
    Car Used: Copa truck
    Applicable Settings: Any mode, any camera
    Report: My wheel rotates full force and clockwise (like a spring effect only the left side) and stays in the position. Happened one time but nearly hurt myself.
    Steps to reproduce:
    - Launch the game on Steam
    - Select a truck and a track
    - Race a little bit on the track
    - go back to the pitstop via the menu
    - exit the race
    - Alt-tab to another window (chrome for example)
    - Go back to the game
    - Select another truck on the track
    - Start to drive
    - Wheel rotates quickly clockwise to max rotation

I need to stop the game, reconnect my wheel and relaunch the game

Wheel is : Thrustmaster T150 (firmware is up to date)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used:Kaya Historic
    Car Used: Gen 2 Retro
    Applicable Settings: Real historic 9/12/86 10 laps
    Report:Rolling start AI 10 at 111/80. plus 4 human . 2 human (neworder and swift 81 appear to have failure at start then sink into pit or stay in mid air
    Swift 81 had no problem in 2 previous races same track and settings. I dont know if the cars became sky cars before or after they left as chat box did not show and did not disply chats correctly when S frost got the grats for human win
    Steps to reproduce as above and details in vid

3. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos, Nurburgring GP 2020, Silverstone
    Car Used: Formula V10 Gen 2
    Applicable Settings: custom championship, 15 minute qualifying, 5 lap race, 23 AI opponents, 85 difficulty, 25 aggression, clear weather, top 10 point system,
    Report: trackside texture like grass and such look like mirrors and reflect the sky
    Steps to reproduce: I skipped quali and started last in all 3 tracks to make things more fun. Interlagos looked fine in quali and during the race, after I finished the Interlagos race I quit the game and shut down my pc. Later I returned to the game and resumed the championship. Nurburgring & Silverstone looked fine when I did an outlap in quali but during both races trackside textures looked like mirrors. I had this issue in this short custom championship but in previous single races I did before and in practice & time trial in those tracks everything looked fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Custom Championship Mode:
    1. One AI still has same livery than player, without having exceeded the maximum number of AI for the class. Therefore, one livery is always missing in the field.
    2. Screen always shows wrong date while loading.
    3. AI often drives faster in races than in qualifying.
    4. When skipping qualifying, screen often shows fantasy times for the AI. Sometimes much faster than they are when absolving the session, on other tracks slower than their real times.
    5. Graphic issues when switching from qualifying to race.

Frustrating experience. Please test things in a proper way before release.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  5. AquaOrenji

AquaOrenji New Member

Track & Layout Used: Cascais
    Car Used: Stock Car 2021
    Applicable Settings: Custom Championship Rd 1, dual 40 min races with 30 minute Q and 90 min practice
    Report: During Practice, AI pits in and retires at the 1 hour mark. Race 1 grid does not match Qualifying results.
    Steps to reproduce: N/A, but can run more tests if needed. Not for the Practice session problem though--that takes too long. haha

Note: #1 and #3 in the post above mine (AI livery copying player and AI race pace vs Q pace) are issues I've also had. #1 is super frustrating as it tickles my OCD and forces me to delete the championship and try again, only to find that my custom championship schedule and formatting doesn't always save. Please show some love to custom championships--its absence is why I gave up on Project Cars 1 and 2 and you guys are superheroes for getting it in the game when SMS couldn't... but its flawed implementation will drive me away from AMS 2 sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  6. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

7. AquaOrenji

AquaOrenji New Member

I was able to recreate the race grid not matching qualifying times and record it. Using a separate championship at a track that wasn't Cascais, qualifying and Race 1 worked fine. It seems to have something to do with Cascais.

Attached Files:

8. franjoac

franjoac New Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos "Outer"
    Car Used: GT1 Mercedes CLK
    Applicable Settings: Single race
    Report: Every time after leaving the pits
    Steps to reproduce: All the time since last update I installed on 12th July, 2021

Changelog says " Disable collisions for vehicles on pit exit in sessions with AI present (prevents AI on main track colliding with vehicle existing pits, pending further updates to behaviour)"
    This is very annoying. In Interlagos (Outer course /"Oval") I have no collision detection with AI cars at all anymore. It doesn't matter where I am on the track. All AI cars are ghosts. Really disappointing. Please fix that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  9. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Track & Layout Used: Cadwell Park, Brands Hatch, etc. Tracks with season foliages
    Car Used: Lotus 23, Catherham
    Applicable Settings: Single race, maximum graphic settings (4k) with MSAA high
    Report: Sporadic drop of framerates
    Steps to reproduce: Not really reproducable, appears sometimes and then after app restart maybe gone or same problem again

Since update to V1.2.1.4 I have in some cases massive stuttering and framerate drops,
    depending maybe on the car and track combination.
    I most cases this phenomenon appears when using "older" cars like the lotus 23 or the caterhams on tracks which were updated with season foliage like Cadwell Park (see video) or at Brands Hatch.

Does anyone experienced the same problem ?

Usually I did not having any performance issues so far, always have 60fps.
    I am using a RTX3080 on an Aorus Master X299X with I9 10900X and 32Gb of memory.

You can have a look at the video here where you can see the problem :

• Like Like x 1
  10. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate
    Applicable Settings: Race in VR
    Report: what I see in the left mirror is horizontally mirrored
    Steps to reproduce: do a race with formula ultimate and look in the left mirror. What you see if horizontally mirrored. Very confusing.

11. arpego

arpego Member

I can confirm that issue too.. It is happening on every lobby or dedicated server session. This is very annoying if you are a content creator or racing on a league with teammates.

12. Mikelshwede86

Mikelshwede86 New Member

Too many fundamental issues need fixing and it spoils the game.

I take part in a weekly league, the game is great, nice range of content etc.

However there’s still game breaking bugs that have to be addressed.

Common issues;

- Starts regularly don’t sync across the whole grid, resulting in unnecessary false starts for some people.

- Almost every week someone ends up ghosting in the sessions, they then don’t show up on the leaderboard and struggle to race wheel to wheel, this happened to me last night, could still take part but to everyone else I wasn’t shown on the leaderboard, just as a random car driving around.

- Huge vibration on cars during streams, making the race unwatchable, maybe this isn’t as important but it still needs fixing.

- We did an endurance event at the weekend (multiplayer, no ai) and at the 4 hour mark a team tried to pit, the game wouldn’t let them pit on two occasions, saying the pit box was occupied. There was no more than 4 cars in the pits at the time and the whole grid was only 16 cars, the track was spa.
    The race then had to be restarted which was very annoying.

- Tyre wear is inconsistent, during the enduro we had 2 stints were the tyres did not wear at all, then in other stints they did as normal.

- 50% of the time I load the game up and it doesn’t recognise my pedals, I then have to unplug / plug them back in - annoying (T-LCM)

- Camera shake, ran gt3 at Adelaide last night and tried the Porsche, the first time I’ve ever struggled with camera movement in VR and I have great VR legs, I’ve played a lot of VR games. Switched to the Mclaren and it was better but still had to turn down the world movement significantly or it felt like I was driving on a dirt track.

- The problem is if you turn down world movement in VR and run Daytona, on the banking the camera and car angle don’t sync and you end up with the car / head at a weird angle, this needs fixing.

Honestly this game is frustrating, they really really need to iron out fundamental issues before releasing more content.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Just tried your race settings in VR but did not have any stutter issues. Nice view btw.
    edit: tried with ginetta cups

• Like Like x 1
  14. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Ginetta G40 Cup
    Applicable Settings: Drive in VR
    Report: (Orange colored) Lighting is not added/missed for gauges in the car.
    Steps to reproduce: Opening in VR either in night(more obvious) or day and togle lights off/on.

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Custom Championship:
    The season never ends. After finishing last race and going back to menu, screen shows that last race was not done yet and you can do it again and again without ever finishing your championship. In a condition ike that, the feature is worthless.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Race
    Report: AI never gets penalties during race. Had set number of warnings to 1, got one warning and later on a penalty for leaving track limits (so, the system works for human drivers). In the replay I saw that some AI had exceeded track limits quite often by doing their side by side racing and cutting corners - no one of them got a penalty. Did several sessions with different cars, always the same, no penalties for the AI during race, no matter how they act on track.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2021
  17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Outer ring and Brands hatch
    Applicable Settings: Any I believe
    Report: Cars will still get caught in Barriers at several point on track.
    For brands at the straight on left after Surttess
    Steps to reproduce: Crash into barrier
    bari.jpg barrier.jpg
    Thanks @Roy Niessink for group ingame feedback pic

EDIT interesting Brake temps

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom championship race with super V8 at Londrina, on the inside line in the lead up to the last corner there is an invisible wall that destroyed my car and my steering wheel into wrist breaking mode.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 2001, don't think it's track depending
    Car Used: F1 V10 Gen2, don't think it's car depending
    Applicable Settings: single race, rain
    Report: No rainspray visible on long distances
    ss140536.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Silverstone
    Formula ultimate
    Track limits need to be reviewed. If sliding to the outside of Brooklyn’s corner that isn’t an advantage. But driving outside of Chapel does give an advantage and doesn’t get penalized. Sliding off Stowe isn’t an advantage either, yet gets penalized. Also yellow flags and double yellows are not being adhered to by the AI. Furthermore once the player gets a drive thru penalty there should be 3 laps to service that, not disqualify on the first crossing of the start finish line.

• Agree Agree x 1