AMD Triple High res Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by MrZim, Jul 9, 2021.

1. MrZim

MrZim New Member

Hello,
    I recently installed AMS 2 on my PC; AMD Rysen7 3800 with rx5700xt GPU...

"Only Project cars 2 works on triple screens!" ACC ; NO Race Factor2 ; NO Automobilista 1 and 2 ; NO

After Radeon software detected my three 2560x1440 monitors , and pressing "Eyeinfinity" it seemed all might work, but alas... still only have the game on the centre monitor... :(

Windows is set to "Extend"... Screen resolution is set to 2560x1440... There is no option for 7680x1440??

I realise my system could be more powerful... but Project cars 2 works fine!!!

I have had these issues since December 2020! I am an older guy, and am getting rather Pissed at all this.

I could purchase a Wide screen single monitor, and this would resolve the issue, but that's not the point is it.
    The immersion of three curved 2560x1440 monitors is awesome.

AMD have not been much use despite the 12 upgrades to software this year!!

PLEASE can some CONSTRUCTIVE critcism be directed my way..

Thanks,
    Zim

2. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

You can copy the triplescreensettings.xml file from the PC2 Documents folder into AMS2.

3. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I run triples 27" 1920x1080 and mine work fine? I'm also an amd user but I downloaded eyefinity pro or something which already in your amd files, can I help anymore? Let me know

4. MrZim

MrZim New Member

5. MrZim

MrZim New Member

Hi Mahjik, Thanks for your reply. Sounds interesting, but I will have to learn about such things as .xml files. Can I just cut and paste triplescreensettings.xml from PC2 to AMS2 or is it more involved? Thanks, Mick

6. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

You can just copy the file "as is" from the PC2 folder to the AMS2 folder. No need to open it.

7. MrZim

MrZim New Member

OMG! Thanks so much Mahjik! It worked! So cool. Very happy.
    I also have AMS1 ... can I do the same thing? I can't find it'ss .xml file. ???
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Mick

8. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Unfortunately, AMS1 is on the old rF1 game engine. You can only use a stretched screen for rF1 based titles.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

For AMS1 you need surround enables (or AMD equivalent) and tick multiview in the launcher, works fine here with zero stretch.

10. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

Additionally, you need to do your margins in Surround or Eye Finity (or whatever AMD calls it). No margin correction in AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Yep, i thought that was a given seeing that's the main reason i use Surround.
    But yeah good point.

12. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

I've had a couple display issues in another sim that are solved by keeping margins in-game, so that's how I do all my sims now. I really wish all these developers would learn from Content Manager (for Assetto Corsa) on how to do custom resolutions with their launchers, so we wouldn't need to use Surround at all.

13. 2ndLastJedi

What does CM do differently? I just use Surround for all sims with bezel correction to 5829x1080 from 5760x1080.

14. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

The only reason we need Surround is we can't set a custom resolution (without 3rd party apps). Letting us type it in fixes that. CM does that.

Edit: yes, I know CM is a 3rd party app. My point is only that this is the way I wish all sims worked. Surround is flaky in the best of times.

15. 2ndLastJedi

I can run AMS2, AC, ACC all without surround. I just make a custom resolution in NVCP to 5760x1080 on all screens and set my left screen to my main. I actually run AMS2 at 1920x1080 in AMS2 but with triples ticked and it uses the triples config file anyway.
    In ACC it needs the left screen to be main.

With the custom resolution in NVCP don't set that to desktop, just make it and then you can set it in game.

16. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

Yes, many use 3rd party apps. Ideally, none would be needed. I'm surprised with so many using triples nowadays that developers don't incorporate the ability to set a custom resolution (I won't call it simple because I'm not a programmer). Maybe I'm alone here preferring not to run Surround or 3rd party apps, just let the game take care of these things.

17. 2ndLastJedi

I wouldn't call NVCP a 3rd party app! It's the graphics driver software that comes with the install of your GPU driver. Setting a custom resolution is a 20 second job, maybe a minute for 3 screens, but really only needed for the left and centre screen.

18. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

Oops, it's been a long day. I was thinking of another app. I think CRU or something to that effect. It sets a custom resolution.

In the Nvidia driver I'm unable to set a custom res of 7680 x 1440, without getting the black screen and needing to reboot. I've tried tabbing and hitting enter and all that. Many seem to experience the same issue. I've tried setting a lower res and it works, but when I try my full res it goes black and I'm done. And this is where we can blame it on Nvidia, because in the end this is ultimately where the issue lies. Not being able to set a custom res in their driver.

I relent. Have a great night, day, or morning... wherever you are.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

Apologies to the OP. Didn't mean to derail your thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

I think that is a monitor issue with it not excepting that large or a resolution on a single display. Like if I try to over clock my old 60Hz TV to 80Hz in NVCP it fails but 72Hz works. That is the display holding me back, possibly the same with that large resolution.
    I don't know as I only have 1080p monitors and they except 5760x1080 custom resolution each display no worries.

• Like Like x 1