1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Nats

Nats Member

Track & Layout Used: Any (particularly bad at Silverstone)
    Car Used: Formula Ultimate but all the formula cars are similar
    Report: Bonnet and roof camera views are not 'view-damped' and make driving impossible because of the excess shaking and bumps.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the Formula Ultimate around Silverstone in bonnet view (or roof view) and try to get around Copse Corner neatly by hitting the apex lol.
    Explanation: The two cockpit views seem to be smooth to drive in, and there are options to smooth out the bumps etc in those views (Head Movement and Legacy). However the bonnet view (that I use all the time) is not smoothed out at all - you see every bump - same goes for the roof view. This makes the Formula/Openwheel cars impossible to drive in those views.

We really need the external camera views damped in the same way as the cockpit view is so that we can actually see where we are driving - Copse corner for example is so bumpy in the Formula Ultimate bonnet view that you cannot even see the apex! It's just ridiculous.

The rest of the cars are fine - GT, Prototype etc are all fairly smooth to drive in bonnet/roof views. Its just the openwheel cars for some reason.

Edit: After having tried similar cars in both PCars2 and F1 2021 both of those games are much smoother to drive in bonnet/roof view than this game is so definitely seems to be a bug.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. itnoetic

itnoetic New Member

Hi,

I have a Logitech G29 with Fanatec CSL Pedals and Shifter v1.5. The pedals and wheel work fine, but the game ignores all input from the shifter, so I'm not able to bind the buttons in the options menu. The shifter works fine in both H and seq. mode in PCars 2. Not sure why it doesn't work in this game.

I am plugging the shifter into my PC via the usb dongle, not plugging it into my wheelbase. Using Windows 10.

3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Wrong thread :)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please try Wheel "Make: Custom" in the main controls settings and map manually.

5. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Spa Historic 3 human + AI . Test race real weather, ai pace, rubbered track.
    Car Used: GTE
    Applicable Settings: Dry to wet AI at 112/90 min
    Report: AI side by side with human. no actual contact visible but human @2ndLastJedi in Porsche crashes as if hit. several angles in video. @ 3.50 its clear there is no contact and Porsche goes sideways to the right side of track , not unlike a bounce.
    It must be said the the very same ai overtook at the same place and was perfect later in race .
    Some close battling was had but the 1 incident stuck out as fault/proximity bug
    Steps to reproduce AI race close. It will not happen all the time (fortunatly) in my experience though it will happen on occasion as can be seen. I dont believe its track specific

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Thanks @Maser V6 , great work showing all angles. It certainly felt like a hit and looks like a hit just without the actual contact haha but I got my revenge on him up ahead :p

7. Maser V6

Yes you did indeed lol
    Welcome, lost most of the edits, but a longer 1 below of race
    .similar thing happened to 'cake eater' when he went slightly wide/slow
    I will rewatch from my in car external recorded to see what your ping was.

Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!
    Been clearing vids yet still have 220gb of ams heck!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Maser V6

Track & Layout Used: Spa Historic
    Car Used: GTE vs GT1
    Applicable Settings: dry online with AI set at 115/90 min
    Report:Late joiner car stuck in tarmac. he may have left at start. car becomes 'sky car' Ghost setting is off
    Online player @Tarmac Terrorist overtakes and has collision proximity error with ai.

Steps to reproduce: Online with ai . overtakes. and late joiners/ leavers cars become 'sky cars'

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Looks like the same issue with proximity issue i had.

10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I usually race custom championships and have noticed that the season foliage does not seem to load properly unless you go out of the track at the end of each session. Many times I have started P and Q with green foliage but then if I exit after Q and go back in the foliage is now loaded properly with either winter or autumn trees.
    I am wondering if there is a bug not loading the correct date and season in these sessions.
    Anyone experience something similar?

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. Rocco Thamm

Rocco Thamm Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: all
    Car Used: GTE Corvette C8.R
    Applicable Settings: Autoclutch set to "on"
    Report: When fuel is empty or ignition set to off - you cannot use clutch pedal anymore.
    Steps to reproduce: Run out of fuel or switch ignition off while driving disables clutch at all. Result is, engine brake will bring the car to stop while you would like to decouple it by pushing clutch to roll with less resistance. Important if you want to reach pit or finish line but engine brakes you to stop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Version: 1.2.1.4
    Track and Layout Used: N/A (Spa 93, Silverstone 2001)
    Cars: N/A (Porshce GT1)

Bug: Pit strategy for changing only front tires seems not working, each time all tires are changed. Didnt try for only rear tires however. Btw while rear tire type selection is disabled rear tire pressure settings are still available.

Steps to reproduce: Setup a pit strategy with full fuel, damage repair (except engine and gear) and only change front tires with the existing setup tire pressures.

13. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track and Layout Used: Any
    Cars:
    Formula V12, Formula Classic Gen 2, maybe some others

Bug: Autoclutch not working when shifting down to neutral gear after a spin. Engine constantly stalls. Bug is there since January and was often reported. Would be nice if this would be finally fixed.

14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Cars: Formula Classic Gen 2
    Report:
    AI still uses same livery than player, without exceeding maximum number of AI for this class.

15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track and Layout Used: Spielberg
    Report:
    During training and qualifying, AI pretends to go to pits before last corner, than goes straight ahead on the inside, cuts last corner by some meters and goes on racing. Never gets penalties for that even if they ram player when rudely coming back to track.

16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Cars: Any
    Report: When going back to pits by pressing the button and afterwards rejoin training/qualifying, car often rolls out of garage by itself in neutral gear. Manual stops set to "on", so, car should not move without input of player. Bug is there since day one.

17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Report:
    UI says that this car would have soft tyres, but they are not available in setup menu.

18. Ivan Jurković

Ivan Jurković Member

Version: Latest
    Track: Spa modern layout
    Report: Missing astroturf on corners No. 8 and 15. Les Combes without astroturf on corner 8 is not really challenging as it should be as well as exit from corner 15. I don't know if there was plan for adding this but a lot of time has passed since Spa release so I would like to see this finally added in some of future updates!

19. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

I think it's an engine setting to clip these spray particles at distance.
    What they could do is create a setting slider to increase this particles viewing distance, but it can be very performance intensive.

20. Tranzitive

Tranzitive New Member

Bug 1: Trackside textures not loading.
    Track & Layout Used
    : Red Bull Ring and Hockenheim (both the most modern versions)
    Car Used: Porsche GTE
    Applicable Settings: Custom championship - only in the races. During practice and qualifying the trackside textures load fine, but then when advancing to the races I had this weird trackside texture issue.
    Report: The track textures load okay, but the trackside (dirt, grass etc.) has this weird white look, almost like snow, except it's definitely not snow
    Steps to reproduce: Not sure. Could try running on the two tracks mentioned and see.

Bug 2: Helmet is still showing even though helmet is set to 'off'
    Track & Layout Used
    : Any
    Car Used: McLaren GT4
    Applicable Settings: Helmet is set to 'off'
    Report: The bottom of the helmet is still clearly visible in all interior car views, despite the fact that the helmet is set to 'off'. So it shouldn't be showing at all. This is most noticeable on braking, when the 'driver' head moves back a little. Weirdly it is only the bottom of the helmet that shows, the top doesn't seem to show.
    Steps to reproduce: Just jump in the McLaren GT4, set helmet to 'off' in the settings menu, and see.