1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Yep, completely agree. As exactly as you describe and it feels very strange.

Hmmmm, I'm not getting ANY lift off oversteer what so ever. ZIP. I would expect to get it in spades, but nothing. Flat sticks acceleration to immediate braking and stable as a rock! Most unexpected. I might try the M1 Pro Car next because I had the same feeling with that car.

Exactly the same feeling here too. TBH I would expect a level of understeer in this porsche but it seems a little excessive. I did warm the tires up but it was till prevalent.

Well, this certainly sounds promising. Will be giving this a try shortly. My "go to" track is Nurburgring Veedol. If its improved there, I'll be one happy chappy.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

I agree. It’s not that we don’t want lots of cars/tracks but we ‘need’ them to work properly or it defeats their purpose.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For now cars dashes do not show the real TC/ABS settings. The only place showing them is the game overlay when you change the setting. I tested it today and it works correctly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I'd say remove the GT3 cars already in game and replace them with classic tintops :p

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

We can't even set TC/ABS to work on external dashes: ( I so with we could get everything sent out to SimHub! Much comes through but we dearly need more info so we can make fully functioning dashes.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Indeed, the more classic tintops the better. Bring 'em on. A GT Legends remake would be awesome... but please leave my GT3 AMG alone :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

100% agree. My observation though from looking at the process of refining the GT3's (and GTEs to a certain extent), first, the conversion from a % based TC (set it and forget it) to a incremental one, requires fine tuning of the incremental system. That's done for the most part. Second, the wheel bindings, so drivers can adjust TC on the go. Done. Finally, the tires.

They removed hards from GT3s as they weren't working properly, so in their place that had to implement an "all around". A soft tire that had a qually factor AND longevity/durability. Its an obvious placeholder IMO, until Meds or Hards are reintroduced.

This is important to note due to the recent criticism of the soft tires for GT3s being too grippy, glippy, then slippy, but still long lasting. Without the functioning TC and ability for drivers to adjust easily, fixing the tires first, wouldn't have made sense. You'd have a more dynamic tire, without a player being able to make fine tuning adjustments on the fly.

The next step is the aesthetic of having the dash line up with the TC settings and sim hub functinality. For now we have to rely on the adjustment alerts that pop up when we make the change, but no doubt its coming.

Long post to say, its getting there...

• Like Like x 12
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I won't get to run AMS2 for about another 8 or 9 hours. How is the new improved AI?

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Member

The new RSR is one of the best sim cars I've ever driven. Absolute murderous beast in the rain. So much fun. Thanks guys. Great update.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  11. sevenbelow7

sevenbelow7 New Member

Your missing the obvious point

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

It reminds me rear heavy cars in PC2. Everything is so understeery. The rear heavy tendency is still there but it's completely different in other games. Could it be the setup? It rather feels like rear tires are really massive.

13. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

which is exactly what i said.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you seen the rear tires of the Porsche Carrera RSR?

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I probably should've clarified this more, sorry. It's probably dependent on a lot of factors, such as going over bumps/crests, tire and track temperature, etc.

The weirdest thing about it is, as you said, that you don't get it when you would expect it. In most situations I would expect a gentle lift of the throttle while turning to generate some mild, controllable lift-off oversteer; instead, you don't get it when you want it, but *if* you get it the rear just snaps around violently without being able to do much about it, it seems.

It's almost as if the diff alternates between fully locked and fully open within the fraction of a second, which could also help explain the understeer as well.

Well, to be fair the rear tires are massive... After all, it was designed this way on purpose. :D

However, I'd still expect the rear to slide through corners in a controllable fashion. Instead if feels stuck to the track surface like a modern GT in some way, only to snap around when you least expect it.

Come to think of it - what kind of slicks does the in-game RSR use? Modern or vintage slicks?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. CrimsonEminence

Bias ply.

17. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Yeah, sure thing, but why it's so different, for instance, in rF2? It's slidy as hell and the rear mostly, because of weight distribution. Formula Vee is the same. In PC2 every rear heavy car were so easy rather like FWD car. If I remember correctly.

18. CrimsonEminence

AMS2 is not simulating rF2 and not pCars2 either.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

That's good. But what about simulating rear-heavy cars? I don't have any at home but I know them from games only. Like older 911, you need to be very careful with your input. Maybe it's not real, I don't know.

20. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please take a look at the TimeTrialMode on Salvador with the '74 RSR. Watch Runelink2's ghost. He uses the curved walls without getting punished and reached World Record that way. Please think about tracklimits here...

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.