1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know, which one has "more" fidelity. I don't claim to be an expert in this field of "fidelity". How do you know, what has more "fidelity" and what "fidelity" is in the first place? ;)

2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this the right thread to complain about the first chicane at Salvador, just after the start? It's destined to be a wreckage in any lobby, skilled or not, similar to the roundabout section at Long Beach.

It is so damn tight that the engines are in falsetto scale :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

There’s something to be said for F1 cars in AMS2 having high profile tires that help absorb bumpy surfaces. Lower pressure makes a massive difference at Long Beach for example. Something that as far as I know rFactor1 based sims don’t simulate.

I’m not sure what you mean by fidelity though.

4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Worlds apart as expected and rightly so.
    Car feels old, tyres feel old, suspension old, thank goodness with the selection of cars here that Reiza actually seems to give a real sense of the differences in the vehicles. even in the same class's. reminds me of working on and road testing different cars and quickly learning they handle all differently esp when pressing the loud pedal as for the boots RL when I dumped the bias ply for radial on 2 cars and customer cars they where worlds apart, same sense here.

cant give your post 2 ratings. informative and agree but this sounds strange so will check this end.
    RSR in particular: tested at nords and others winter, its a bitch zero degrees (still fun/challenge) change date in race setting to june with 24 degrees and the fun starts.
    Adjust all ratios Nords and some others (longer esp 1st and 2nd) car becomes a real beauty and some of the oddities are reduced.
    Just my thoughts of course. but the gear adjustment and track temp /rubbered state can really change the experience and can recommend. (same applies to some other difficult cars)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

I assign keys for steering, throttle, brake and clutch and then calibrate the wheel and pedals. It's been like that for a while now, to me anyways, always assign keys first and calibrate after that.

6. sk8

sk8 Member

fidelity - the degree of exactness with which something is copied or reproduced.

For instance, in AMS 1 it feels like you're driving a car. The fidelity is high.

7. torsteinvh

torsteinvh Steam: Nietzroth AMS2 Club Member

Regarding controller profiles, I posted this in the beta thread, but probably a bigger audience here:

After playing around a bit with the profiles I discovered something strange:
    When my Fanatec DD1 base is turned on when starting the game, I only get 5 profiles, not 6...

If I clean the Documents/AMS2 folder and restart the game with the wheel base turned off, I get six profiles again. But as soon as the game is restarted with the Fanatec base active, I'm back to only five profiles.

Anyone else noticed this?

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. CrimsonEminence

You are talking about what is more enjoyable and a better reproduction in your opinion. I can understand, that AMS1 might feel more enjoyable to you.

I also enjoy the F-Retro more in AMS1 for example, but like their depth in technical view more in AMS2 or i like the 80s-90s Formula more in AMS2, because their tire sharpness and tank slapper tendency is less pronounced. Just because something is better in our opinion, doesn't make it a universal fact for "fidelity".

Both games feel to me like driving a car. Both have their weaknesses and some things are more or less enjoyable, some things even make more sense in both titles, while being less enjoyable. I don't see anything "this or that has more fidelity".
    This...could count as fidelity for some and some might find it "unnatural" and "not a car" when it's taking place in a game.

9. sk8

sk8 Member

fidelity - the degree of exactness with which something is copied or reproduced.

AMS 2 is a big step up in so many ways but the basic driving feel is strange. Which is kind of an important part of the experience. Just my opinion though.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

@Tarmac Terrorist showed this a few months ago and set throttle sensitivity to 100 (I think) to make the rpm linear, but from my test at the time the throttle application was far from linear then but the way the car revved seemed better.

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Look. People just have to understand you can't take such chicanes side by side. You've to brake a little and form a line. Just like the roundabout in Long Beach, Rouge in Spa, etc. Before yesterday I had someone who wanted to race me at Rouge in Spa. He was fricking behind me. Near my back. I knew what he was doing. We eventually clashed, but not crashed. People need to let go that itch to race and build awereness. Eventually I think Helicorsa in AMS 2 would be awesome. I use it in my simhub-dash and saved me a lot headaches.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. 2ndLastJedi

FTFY :p
    Nah we just need to arcade our way through the game :whistle:
    SimHub rox

13. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The throttle pedal in a combustion engined -car is NOT a linear regulator of RPMs!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. CrimsonEminence

Throttle map of the RSR seems slightly too hyperactive, indeed. But Throttle curves are called curves for a reason... :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not at all and it IMO should be even a bit more tricky in the rain to get the power down for my taste. I also don't like that auto-clutch is quite an advantage since it shifts much quicker unlike other cars with h-pattern gearbox. Otherwise I love it and people who can't handle it should either learn how to drive it or give it a pass.

16. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Ok, Im going to do it. Im going to mention the 'M' word again..
    On the grid with telemetry open, max revs, first gear, clutch out. No traction control kicks in (full power indicates throughout on green bar) but yet the revs just bog down.
    Tries again, turn traction control off in all available menus, max revs, clutch out, revs bog down.
    Jumps into Beemer. wheelspins off the line. Tries again with TC, TC works, tries again without TC but moderating the clutch and power properly, makes blistering start.
    Back into the M machine. Bogs down, crap start.
    :confused:
    Has a 'funny five' and rage uninstalls.
    Goes to make a tea and stokes the fires of paranoid cynicism that sms relationship with McLaren during PC2 development required an exaggeration of performance.. shakes head in disbelief that such a thing could even be considered..
    types whinging post on forum. Feels better.

• Funny Funny x 7
  17. CrimsonEminence

Maaaaateeee gnaaaaaah, really?? :D

18. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

..O Really? ..again?

19. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Question:
    If you lock-up a wheel you get a flat spot.
    Does this then also mean that the shape of your tire changes (so does it then actually have a flat spot)?

So: Are you then more prone to lock up on that particular point, increasing the flat spot?

20. 2ndLastJedi

It's not on or off either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.