1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

The 'car' is not the problem imo, a car in RL and most in sim as EDIT most cars if not all in sim have the fault [USER=14780]@TekNeil[/USER] implied will allow you to control the revs via throttle, period.
    In a 'normal way
    be it a 2cv or 911 its a software issue imo. should be easy fix.
    Sad thing is it affects enormously everything from flywheel through whole transmission line

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I referred to Tarmac Terrorist video too in an older post (see following link) but they all said it was wrong… ;-)

Input indication Brake throtle FFB

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

Has the bug in custom championships been fixed that the AI doesn't have to pit when forced pitstop is on? Has been working fine in normal AI races for me but not in custom championships.

4. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi folks, hav'nt been that active here of late as i've been busy with work and stuff. Anyway, had a couple of days off and have been pouring through the new update. Some great stuff with new car, track, new layouts etc. However have also discovered some problems, so am making a series of short vids on these (and also the good bits), will make bug reports to. Hope these are useful. Here is first one on controller presets:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone remember this, the sticky tarmac bug? Seems its re-surfaced after the update. I'll be making a bug report on it shortly. Its intermitent, but its definately back. Checked and validated files, all fine, anyone else getting this after the update?

• Informative Informative x 4
  6. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Can’t say I’ve encountered that, just been noticing a few bad pit exit issues when the auto pit control releases into manual, there’s a number of cases where it’s throwing you sideways etc as you exit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So no patch this weekend then..... I guess the beta didn't pass the internal testing. :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

We have nothing to test.

9. nemesis

nemesis Member

I have a set a time for people to get at made a few mistakes so not my optimal but still decent 1:46.040 default setup

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, so it is all good for a release then. :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Kuku Maddog

Has anyone else found the change to the tire tred for the lotus 23 vintage tc has made the tyres feel like solid rubber or studded tires , there seems like so much road texture coming through, causing constant vibrations .

12. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Have just tried... Solid drive imo, but yeah, quite noticable road buzz.
    I think I'm on Alegunner's ffb for the CSW, which works a lot better for me than default atm.
    Is there nothing you can do in your own file to mitigate this? I wouldn't kmow where to start with all the parameters in those files.
    Does kinda feel like it's a tire from a forklift or something, nice and firm!

Have been revisiting some classes, and they're quite different from how I remember they were...
    Even the "street" cars are quite nice, and I'm gonna say it has something to do with finely tweaked ffb files and reducing throttle sensitivity to 10 or so, in my case.
    And also Reiza keep at it in the background, so it's worth going back to dust things off now and again.
    Even the V8 supercars felt great, and I just couldn't with them before, that is 100% the throttle sensitivity that sorted it out.

I love forklifts btw, did my required checkride not long ago.

13. Maser V6

Informative :)

You mentioned several class's re the str /sensitivity reduction, could you elaborate on specific cars that stand out pls. such a wide choice i:)! I would like to test more this end (10 was my baseline in vid but for 911 ran 25 yesterday (was ok)
    Hope you had your seatbelt on!:)

14. Dady Cairo

In general for all cars?
    Or only the Porsche 1974?

15. Maser V6

Tested BT44, or any Cosworth car. Fan car, C9 Sauber, etc. 18/20 will allow revs to to slowly increase in small ie 100-200 rpm steps instead of 2500-3000rpm or more step from off throttle position. (use car rpm analogue gauge if poss ) So perfectly normal at the lower level as in RL. (no sudden jump) I recall fitting 'Quick action' throttles to my bikes and snail cams on cars for faster response but I could still modulate revs in hundreds not thousands
    Cars with wizardry possibly (untested here ) little difference ?
    Any machine with tight powerband and plenty of go will benefit and likely reduce the number of overexuberant race starts on grid ending in disaster as power suddenly tries to kill you as in C9 for example .inc retros etc
    Driving now, the fine balance on the limit (in the mentioned cars +911 is more of a pleasure.
    video evidence available.
    Best just to try ones self. set to 20 or less drive the cars u like report back
    Test takes less than a few minutes and couple of laps each car.
    setting left low will of course be the same for all in game. Till u revert.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
  16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Is the weather changing as absurdly quickly as the time (x5) or some other degree of absurd?

There is a setting for weather progression in each of the P, Q and Race sessions. Pretty sure you should check that setting and adjust to what you prefer.

17. Maser V6

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you Reiza for the constant evolution

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kuku Maddog

Yes I can mitigate against it in file, but it’s like saying to the rest of the team , we are all having low alcohol beer because Nigel over there doesnt want full strength. ;).

the majority losers out in that case.
    So far it’s the only car that’s got it bad, aside from maybe the F3 which has always been hard tired, but is still better than it used to be.
    The lotus was great before, so not sure why it needed changed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dady Cairo

Have you posted it in the BETAFORUM?
    I think it's important!
    It should be looked into as we do not want to change sensivity in Controller settings each time we change a car.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.