1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That sound very general and I dont get how driving in rain translates that setup to dry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nearly everyone one of posts has a link to a video on your YouTube channel. Should not really be using the forum as click bait mate.

PS there is a designated thread on general section for videos
    Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 7
  3. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Hes not the only one tbh.. posting a 'bug report' with 20 mins of 'Hey look at me' gets old fast.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I think I know exactly who you mean :D I couldn't agree more.

Mate, we can drive the cars!. Its not hard. We are discussing issues. If I/we raise an issue its not because I/we cant keep the car on the track.. Thats pretty damned easy. It is instead, just to improve the quality of the simulation.

5. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To me it feels like there is a deeper issue with how cars put power down in the game. I think maybe that spike in throttle response is being used to get cars into the power band and moving from a standing start quicker and also to address some of the criticism that cars wouldn't brake traction easily.

So yes adjusting the throttle sensitivity dials out this weird spike but it also makes some of them feel incredible sluggish and more inclined to bog down then the normally would already. For example adjusting the 620r sensitive down makes it drive like a boat. You can take some if the wildness caused by the abrupt input but I don't think this is the solution to what is probably an issue that exists somewhere else in the chain. Honestly the way some of these vehicles get out if 1st is just weird. But once your up in the powerband things seem more 'correct'.

I don't mind there being issues and oddities. I just wish there was more transparency in terms of yes we know this problem exists and were working on it/trying to understand the issue. Instead of us all just guessing day in day out. I know backers probably have a different view of this but then I assume they have more regular input from devs than us plebs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I think you will find "backers" are just normal simmers like you and want the best and more info, we may get a little more notes but it only really comes when new updates are imminent or out. On the whole we are left guessing for extended periods just like you "plebs".

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  7. chonk

That's fair enough. I have always just assumed that one of the perks/offshoots of being an early supporter was that maybe there was slightly more insight into the progress of development and as a result more direct contact with the devs. Which would of course be fair.

I know the communication thing came up earlier in this thread and people have divided opinions on the subject but I think as far as devs go, in terms of interacting directly with their userbase Reiza are on the quieter side. Damned if you do and damned if you don't, but I think it's always good for users to have a point of contact whether that's in the form of discord or an active rep/moderator on the forums. Anyway it's not something I lose sleep over just think maybe sometimes they do themselves a disservice by not being more involved in the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Spent some time getting to know Salvador. Brilliant track! Really challenging to overtake on, nearly all corners, amazingly detailed brilliantly modelled architexture! A.I. deal with it really well apart from chicane with sausage kerbs and also, sausage kerbs dont seem to be physically modellled (skip to 8:20 in the video to see that specifically). Really have to think about when to use the extra HP boost with the Stockcars. Think this would be awsome with small low powered cars like Formula Vee and MCR's.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Manohy

Manohy Member

Many AMS2 related Youtube Channels would not exist if the sim didn't have bugs. That's why some of them have tendency to defend/milking those bugs...

10. Tarmac Terrorist

And some do nothing more to promote it, because we love it! Some of us make these videos in the hope that it will inspire folks to try it out, some of us identify problems because we know Reiza are always listening. SOME OF US HAVE THE PASSION TO SPEND NINE FECKING HOURS ON OUR DAYS OFF TO MAKE THESE VIDEOS! Others just type a couple of lines!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

UNDERESTAND!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  12. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Why you feel it necessary to self promote on the reiza forum?

NO!!

PS there is a special thread in general section for videos. Link a few posts back

13. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

yo, any news?

14. Tarmac Terrorist

There are youtubers out there whom i love and respect! Mike from Simracing 604, Steelcast 27, Jimmy Broadbent, Gamer Muscle, etc! Whom have inspired me to to try out certain sims, setups, hardware, mods, e3tc, just through watching their videos! Nuthing but good stuff! All positive for the community! There are others who promote leagues, competions, new ideas, Dont like em? Don't watch our vids, no ones forcing you to FFS! "Oh im really upset cause i watched a video i did'nt have to watch but i choose to when i could have been doing summit else" Well guess what muthfecker!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You're gonna make a song about this and share it with us :p

I'd watch that to be fair.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tarmac Terrorist

Your self promoting yourself with your opinion, i just do it with videos rather than text. Its just a different medium!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

You are so damn right i amk! And thankyou for the inspiration Sir! Honestly, im so sick of all the **** i get for trying to do summit positive. I think it may be about time i get all Alice In Chains on certain peoples arses! Time to start writing, love ya mate!

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Tarmac Terrorist

BTW when we are critical of a sim... ITS CAUSE WE LOVE IT! We only wanna see it get better! One of the reasons folks love this sim so much is because of the way the devs who actually speak to us here communicate with us! That is so much appreciated! Try going to forums for other sims and mention a concern or a problem and see the kind of abuse you get!
    Any idea how talented these folks are? Even if we critise, you think we dont have the upmost respect for these artists, mathmaticians, physisits, pioneers! Also btw, feel free to rip me to shreds for my rubbish gramer and speling, why'd you think i make videos rather than typing essaysefgvvnervervnsuivsn

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. chonk

No ones suggesting you shouldn't be creating content about the sim whether it's critical or not that's all good. I think the main thing that annoys some people, and I don't think this is directed solely at you, is that some of you feel the need to post the same video in multiple threads which can at times feel a bit self-indulgent/spammy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Well where else am i gunna post it, Gardeners world? You post where its relevant dontcha! Just getting a little sick of the abuuse we recieve (and i do mean abuse!). We are appreciative fans of summit we can't do! I aint a coder, software engineer ( I am a sound tech, but only live stuff, not like what these guys do). Should i just not bother then? My way of communicating is to make vids, wtf is wrong with that. Anyway enuff of talking about me, can we get back to talking about the sim we all love?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.