1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

And in the dry they still overtake you in spots they shouldn't and engage hyperdrive to pull away from you like you are standing still.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this is the bit that pull me from immersion :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is why I think multiplayer cannot be replaced by single player races.

AI state in racing sims (not only AMS2) is far from being close to ideal, and sincerely I do not believe Reiza, or anyone else, is going to reach a good and throughout enjoyable offline races in the near future.

Some people might quote this post and say they are enjoying the AI, say that their online experience is worse than racing offline because people cause crashes and that sort of thing. Ok, I understand that. However, when you are in a proper online enviroment (an organized league, for example), the racing experience is absolutely unmatched.

AMS2, at the moment, neither provides an excellent offline experience, nor an excellent online experience. The game has great weather and track evolution system, "boot up and play" interface, the best FFB (imho), great graphics, etc, but when it comes to what really matters, which is racing, it fails on both fronts (online and offline).

So AMS2 is a great title, except if you want to go racing......

Edit: for those disagreeing, check out my amazing online experience with AMS2:

No issues at all, right? Yeah.... and no, this is not an exceptional situation. I find it quite interesting many people are okay with it, though.

Edit 2: another example:

You may disagree, but it is a fact AMS2 online is just not smooth.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

*Suggesting areas needing improvement regards "driveabiltity" of AMS2 cars !

I think if anybody here was complaining they would just be coming in and stating "It drives like crap etc" and then not adding anything of value.

Some of us have expansive real life experience, but don't shout about it. I'm glad of peoples work here as far as digging into issues or potential areas that can be improved upon, especially the videos etc. I appreciate it greatly because it's peoples time. And time is precious.

• Agree Agree x 11
  5. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Neither the online or offline racing experience in AMS2 is remarkably worse (or better) than other sims. Every AI in every game has quirks and annoyances, you learn to live with them and enjoy close racing at any time of the day and any car-track configuration you want. And I have participated in online races with 10-20 people in the lobby with few problems, no warping, few if any disconnects and perfectly acceptable and close racing. Whatever problems you experience are not universal.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Manohy

Manohy Member

What many people don't understand is that on top of working or good or great physic and handling the other sim have at least a very strong feature that help people to enjoy them and stay with them. Look at the steam concurrent player ;). AMS2 has great graphic and that's all it has for now that is widely accepted. The controversial physic and handling model is not helping it at all. If AMS2 manage to solve all the physic issue and reach a certain level of large recognition (not AMS2 forum members recognition thus biased is more and more divided too), it will be back on the sim arena again.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The physics aren't controversial any more except in the manufactured social media nonsense -way. If you don't get along with the physics as they are now, you can probably safely move to other sims because I doubt the handling and feel will remarkably change moving forward.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Manohy

Manohy Member

It's your opinion or Reiza's opinion? I doubt Reiza would say that. That's the problem, Reiza is working hard to attract new customers, some members of the community calling themself "AMS 2 lovers" are making them go. It's simple math +1-1=0

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Renato himself said so a few months ago. The physics won’t change except for minor tweaks as they are now happy with the baseline they got. Handling improvements are likely to keep coming though but yes he did say that if people were unhappy with the physics that they would be better off moving on to other games. He prefers to be honest with people which is better than giving false promises.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

As a general remark then This is simply not correct.
    Nigel Mansell who probably know a few things about exactly this subject did comment on this in an interview on a huge gaming fair some years ago.
    It has to be said that he said it a few minutes after he more or less had crushed some experienced racing gamers out in an undifined racing sim/game on the fair.

Mansell said: If it had been so difficult to control a car at the time I was racing F1 cars then both myself and probably a lot of my colleagues would have been killed.

ByTheWay: It has also to be said that some of Nigel Mansells competitors in the mentioned virtual race "crushed themselves out" trying to keep up with Mansells driving on the virtual track.:whistle:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I can tell you that much more copies are sold by now than in the same release period as AMS1(Renato said this a few weeks ago).;)
    So,math +1=2. Don't know on wich facts you assert your opinion?

12. BrunoB

To maybe add a more daily life example to Mansells comment above - then think about this:
    Suppose that each of us with an own road car was offered by Reiza, Sector3, iRacing or Kunos a simulated replica of exactly the car we have in our RL garage.
    And now come my question.

Do you think it would be easier to drive the car in RL or inside the game/sim?

ByTheWay: Drive the car close to the limit - ofcourse. As example on a track day;)

13. Manohy

Manohy Member

I have much respect for AMS1, it was an excellent sim but I think any other sim would sell more copy than it. It was a very niche sim with mainly Brazilian content. It's not a benchmark IMHO. It would even be catastrophic if AMS2 had less sale in the same release period with all the mainstream content added.

That's interesting

14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I always struggle more in any sim, compared to RL trackdays. But, I also don't dare to drive it RL like I do in the Sims. RL I try primarily to conserve materials. RL I crashed 2 cars in total by driving outside their and the roads limit... in the Sim... countless.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am starting to get good MP racing in even at my odd hours and some of the names of good racers I am starting to remember. Captainslo lugnut david gossett. (And others) If i see them in a lobby, im more than happy to join.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

I try my best not to be the cause of incidents and race clean. You and Lugnut do a great job finding your way to the front during first lap chaos. Always makes for a great challenge.
    Had great experiences lately with the 2020 and 21 Stock Cars in multi-player. Close, aggressive racing.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Lugnut <3

18. BrunoB

Yeah thats one of the problems with such a RL vs sim comparasment.
    But I think even with this "dont crash" vs "dont care if I crash" difference then I guess most people would get some kind of revelation - that where they intuitively could save borderlike situations in their RL car then they would completely loose their virtual car in same situations.:whistle:

ByTheWay: One of the reasons I also made up this hypotetical comparasment is that both in AMS2 but also in all the other racing sims/games I own I often when on track get in situations where I wonder: What the hell happened just there?
    I mean when the behaviour of the virtual car absolutely did not resemble anything from RL. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. skylineforever

skylineforever Member

maybe with a big update...

20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Guess why AC got so much FLAK for their road cars, and guess why we won't see popular car models in any Sim in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.