1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.2.0 RELEASED!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 31, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, one other small (actually not that small) thing, that i'm allowed to share (if not already known anyway) but it might have bugged some users:

Throttle pedal will probably feel a bit better with the next public update. They've found some needed tweaks under the hood of the game in the way, the engines breathe (intake manifold) and it should help, to eliminate the RPM leap at slightest throttle input from 1k-4k RPM, some cars are suffering from a bit. (Cars will of course keep their throttle/torque map)

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

See? It pays of to be a household master :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

@CrimsonEminence do you happen to know if devs also work on optimizing some tracks performance? There are few of them (outlon, imola, daytona, nurburgring etc) where there is some weird stuttering in some places

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

No idea.

But btw. the stutters are really random here, if even happening at all.
    For me here, they're happening veeeery rarely and not track related. I read about micro-freezes and sound making "zzzz" but never experienced that one myself.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

You said the magic word: random

The stutterings (usually) happen randomly at tracks and it is very hard to locate them 2 or 3 times in a row - so as to mention them as a bug - in same place. They are also graphical settings independent

Tbh they are not 100% stutters but more of a very quick stop of flow (for some miliseconds) and then the flow continues

I really hope it is an engine quirk that (will?) eventually be fixed..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

From the description, it sounds like a "hitch". Those tend to exist (in general) independent of graphic settings. A different GPU driver version might mitigate the issue but, it may be track related or something off in the overall game-engine that needs attention.

7. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Reiza probably just hard at work, and the forum is quite nasty as of late, so I don't blame them for not interacting since there's very little constructive material to work with...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

That doesn't mean there can't be the odd update on a social feed or reply on the forum to let people know not to expect one until the next month.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You can expect on:)

10. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I never said something like 11s faster than record, I said "I am" easly 11s faster with aids on and "unrealistic" but easier Wheel settings than on full FFB, 1080° and Manual shift, that included H-Shifter with clutch. The M4 was a example for an AMS2 cars that shifts as fast as in manual in Auto.
    Im sure those 11s could also be done with practice, pratice, practice... but that's my point.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The M4 is already a paddle-shifted sequential that only needs the clutch to launch.

• Like Like x 1
  12. wroobel

wroobel New Member

And has 500° of wheel rotation, not 1080.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

Doesn't the game alter the working rotation depending on the car? With a little bump in feedback to let you know you are at the end of the rack? I'm sure mine does with g27.

14. CrimsonEminence

Yup. When the steering wheel is properly calibrated ingame and set to highest value (Logitech for example) or Auto (Fanatec for example), the game will set the appropriate steering lock.^^

• Like Like x 4
  15. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm also suffering with the stuttering. For me I don't think they are so random, they seens to happen when there is a weather condition transition from sunny to cloudy for instance. I was also suffering from the micro stutters but I think those were almost completely gone by disabling V sinc and all the in game AA and using FXAA from the graphics card driver. It's frustrating and I hope Reiza team can work to improve on that regard.

16. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Yeap, have seen this too in my setup many times

You mean the : Antialiasing - FXAA option in nvidia's cp?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  17. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

1080p here. Super sampling on , msaa low (well. Is not the best looking), nvidia all default, vsync on, ryzen 5 2600, gtx1650 4gb, all effect and texture medium, shadows low No stuttering (night, rain, 25 cars, spa, long beach)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Reeposter

Reeposter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Seems like Reiza forgot to pay for game-automobilista2.com website :D
    upload_2021-8-26_15-16-13.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. The_Neo_One

Yes. Disable everything in the game, super sampling on low. Then, FXAA set to 8X on Nvidia's Cp.

20. The_Neo_One

Well, I have a GTX 1060,textures on high, shadows and reflections on low, everything else on medium. AA disabled in game, super sampling on low, V Sync off, FPS capped to 57 because even with 60 I have screen tearing. FXAA set to 8x via Nvidia Control Panel, preference for High Performance for this game, Windows game mode On, Nvidia overlay off, Windows Game bar and recording off. But taking my experiments with graphical settings in account, changing textures to medium doesn't have an effect on the stuttering. Even people with a more powerful GPU report stuttering or micro stuttering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.