1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

I maintain that this combo can be made to work, but it requires the Lotus 23 and Mini to be at the top of their handling game and for the C3 to be a stereotypical pig of a car. I can't say how it is now without further testing, I'm just theorising its possibilities with updates. It reminds me of the Ford Galaxie vs Mini situation.

But as it is the class is entirely fictional (I think?). So it's more of an homage to the crazy 60s touring car grids. Remember that AMS2 is supposed to represent the colorful world of motorsports.

This is also what the Group 5 class feels in Raceroom. You have reasonable race cars and then you have the stupid Greenwood Corvette that doesn't do corners, but flies past everything on straights. It's dumb, but also fun and one way to win races (if you can minimise lost time in corners).

Having said that it wouldn't hurt to be able to rule out the C3 at faster tracks where its relative downsides (even if it had less grip etc) wouldn't matter. Or for the time being if it is indeed always faster even at somewhere twistier like Cadwell Park.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Q. Is this the **actual clutch and the reason the Corvette slips in 3rd and 4th gear?
    It would be nice to have the clutch respond without the slip.
    (feels like a mechanic dropped the clutch plate in oil bath or sprayed it with wd40 for a joke on the foreman)

**As opposed to differential clutches
    ( a hotfix for this at some point would also be nice)
    Nice update

@David Peres
    also so much that frustrates me (AI, AI and AI) that I'd rather wait how many months necessary for the main issues to be fixed
    Ref AI, I realise some still have problems with the AI and have stopped playing ams2 as mentioned here earlier, however I still feel the scaling will make a huge difference and in the link is an online 14 laps race that to me shows an exceptional AI at Silver/H #818 I will try Spa after your suggestion

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Nah, just don't like pointing my finger against people...specially if they are good to expose themselves already lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm on this team and don't think all the categories need to have matching cars.
    Historic touring car racing was all over the shop which was one if it's charms.
    Different sizes, different noises and characteristics.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Sadly Im with David Peres on page 1 of this thread. Have a read of that for his view point.
    In addition Ive lost any optimism that the ai can be salvaged with respect to their handling off the racing surface, how they can put wheels on the grass and maintain full power, how they aggressively return to the racing surface no matter if there is a car there or not, how they maintain full power while alongside the player car even if off the racing surface and even if there is an obstacle coming up like chicane bollards.
    Then theres the Mclaren Gt3.. no more to be said about that.
    I havent seen any indication from the developers that these issues can or will be addressed and so sadly Ive joined David in uninstalling. I had really high hopes for AMS2 but the same issues and indeed the same forum direction (best summarised as fingers in the ears and lalalala) are present as during PC2 development. Aside from better ffb I really cant differentiate the 2 titles. The same ai issues persist and as a single player user this makes the title unappealing with no reason for optimism moving forward.
    Ive contacted the team to try and delete my profile here as I cant see any reason for sticking around after 6 months of optimism without result but so far no response to that either which just about sums it up.
    So if anyone knows how I can delete my forum account please do let me know!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

ok so today i fired up ams2 and tried out the latest and greatest...

now, im sure lots of beta testers and backers will get all bent out of shape with what im about to write, but someone needs to..

firstly the models, look great, no surprise there. i jump in the gt version of the vette.. handles better than expected, a touch too quite outside and while talking sound, theres a horrible audio loop in the car, its in the replay too, no idea at all how this was missed before release. also the clutch in the gt version doesnt work right, it slips massively and needs fixing asap.
    the first person camera is off, with the gt, race version and the porsche rsr.
    so then i jump in the race version, thinking it'll handle even better, but no...for some weird reason it handles way worse than the gt version, defeating the entire purpose of building a race in the first place. it understeers way too much and the tires take too long to get up to a usable temp.
    the audio and clutch seem fine in this variant though which is good. as stated earlier, the camera is off though to the left.
    then i jump in the porsche, yep its better than before, but its still got too much lateral slip, as do 90% of the cars in the game.
    bugs like the clutch and audio loops shouldnt be hitting live version, especially given the game has a number of beta tester. i found all these issues within about 4 minutes of starting the game..
    i didnt see any mention of the lobby issue being fixed (yes its been reported here numerous times) which is a must, this has so many people turn away from it due to the MP side that its just sad, really it cant afford for more reason for people not to play or buy the game.
    for those that dont know, since th4e patch before this one, some lobbies dont show up on screen properly, or they simply dont have a join button, making it impossible for some people to join. seems to be a random thing not linked to any one cause ie: host location, ping etc etc.

hopefully we see a patch in the coming days that can sort out the big issues we have, much like the incorerct audio on the old and new mini, sounds are back to front from the outside of the car, the m1 had the same issue though thats been sorted.

i love this game, its my favorite sim and i want to see it really hit its potential.. so, have at me if you will, fact is these things needs sorting and to be sorted before live versions

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i completely agree with you that the street version is much better to drive then the race version, which is a shame actually, because the potential is there to make some nice races together with the porsche, also i believe the porsche is overpowered compared to the vette.

The chase and replay sound volume should be up a few notches as well indeed.

I also find the porsche is a lot better, but still tends to spin around a bit, even on low speeds, if it would be a setup issue then the default setup really needs fixing lol.

I really hope that in the background they are working on a lot of stuff which is said to come this year, else i do think stuff will get delayed, which could cost a lot of (potential) players.

I really like this sim, but it kinda feels some of the development is going in the wrong direction this way.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we are playing different games. On the new cars, no issues on my end like the ones described, apart from the subjective ones like lateral slip.
    Not sure about online as I haven't been there yet on release.
    What do you mean by first person camera?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

You don't get the clutch slippage in the 'vette? or is your post just designed to antagonise? The reason people get frustrated in these forums is because of this very sort of post of "all good here, must be you" for issues that are blindingly obvious.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Some good points. and agreement.
    Just to clarify the clutch slip was not apparent in any Beta build. If it had been, all hell would have broke loose there rather than valid comments inc my own post above, yours ,and others, about it here.

Agreed + deeper bass all cams pls. These cars make the ground rumble

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BCRCGAMING

i ge it mate, your a backer and you see all the good things, i do too usually, just ive noticed lately things seem to be slipping, much like the clutch in the vette.
    anyones welcome to have a go at me, its fine, i can take it, fact of the matter is i got used to brilliant updates from reiza that really made a difference, lately its not the case. i point a testers becasue they are there to find all and any of these bugs and help squash them before release, yet its not happening, i found all these issues within 4 minutes of starting up the game..
    i want the best for ams2, it could be an iracing beater, easily...it just needs the right attention at the right times in the right areas.
    anyone that says they experience none of these issues are kidding themselves, they are right there in front of everyone.

again, i love this game, its by far my favorite, i want to see it go forward..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BCRCGAMING

btw, i would of been a backer had i known about it at the time, i do wish i could be a tester to help get things right before release but i guess thats tough for me

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Have to disagree with this - the clutch slip was present during beta - it didn't only appear in the release build.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that the new corvette (especially the touring car variant) drives oddly with a gamepad. If Iuse autoclutch and autoshift, then it doesnt really shift properly into the gears when driving along the straight. As the engine sound note is linked to rpm, it sounds like the clutch is slipping, but the telemetry shows that this is not the case. What is happening is that as I shift (from say 2nd to 3rd) into gear, the revs increase (not decrease), and then subsequently drop down. You can mitigate it by lifting the gas during shifts, but because your using autoshift, you never 100% know when to do so.

Also in chase cam, i think the engine sound should be louder than the porsches and the mini, but I only hear engine whines and miscellanous sounds (sound is awesome in cockpit and nose cam though!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BCRCGAMING

i figured as much, thanks Gagaryn

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Has there been some sneaky patch since release, I definitely had clutch slip going on this morning and over the course of the day, but returning to the game later on , I just went straight back into racing vette and there wasn’t the clutch slip .. I almost didn’t notice it seemed so normal.
    It also felt like it was a bit less understeery, but that might just be me getting used to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that originally the development of AMS2 was to run through to mid or end of 2022? I hope that is pushed out now cos as much as I love AMS2 and it is my go to Sim based on where we are now I think it it would need longer to polish it to be where I think it should be to be finished, the list of bugs currently seems to be getting longer and not shorter. Having said that I have faith in Reiza to finish a product off. They seem to be more willing to listen to feedback and act on it than other developers.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I dont think so, havent had any updates since THE update yesterday, so must be your imagination. Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

So,and why has nobody of the Betatesters have said a word about it?:confused:
    Because of the short time frame,we had till release.;)
    Or because a Meteor attack made us all blind shortly...:)
    BTW: We get the Beta release in a short time frame before public release with the comment,that it goes up later into public release.Then silence...
    Always finding someone to blame is too Catholic for me.:)

• Dislike Dislike x 1