1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

That’s what I thought, but seems inconsistent, one session it’s a genuine slip effect, the next it’s not, then the next it’s more like a small rev spike but without the slip .
    No matter, it’s a minor issue, and will get sorted, it’s better than the Rsr was first effort. Just needs more front grip, it’s like the treads are missing some longitudinal effects or something, as compared to other cars it’s got less brake feel. Though the brakes are weak as I predicted, but they almost seem weaker than the road version even accounting for extra speed.
    But it also pushes a lot out of corner.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

Took me 4 minutes to find all those flaws including loading time...theres really no excuse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah as i already said in a previous post, the road version is much better to drive, stops and turns like it should, you would expect the race version to have more grip and brake and turn way better, which it does not, which is disappointing, the way it is now we could use a drift track with the race version of the corvette lol

4. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi all, just updated and I have to say that I am very impressed. The 2 Corvettes are phantastic to drive. I was wondering from the first second that my wheel was like another one that I always missed in AMS2. I did not try other cars so far, but the driving feeling is so realistic , I never had this in any other car or sim before. Does anybod know if the also did some changes to the FFB system ? I did not see anything in the release notes of the update. Try to compare with the RSR next which was nearly undrivable when released. Beside that I am totally entusiastic about the coloring of the Corvettes. Look at the silver metallic painting of the street version in the second part of the video. It is so fantastic, I can't believe. Also the "american" style livery is absolutely TOP. It seems to me in general that they did some changes to the colorization of the cars. Also the Mini's and other Corvette liveries are looking better tha ever before. I just did a quick video this morning. Enjoy , have fun and don't be too harsh with critics oin Reiza, they are doing a good hard job delivering more and more satisfying results. Be patient, I am sure that AMS2 is doing it's way to the top of racing sims !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Then i will appoint you to the new "Flaw-Minister" :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. BCRCGAMING

do it, let me be a beta tester and ill show you how its done ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Niessink

lol

Yeah it is very strange though that i now have seen numerous people mentioning the chase and replay sounds are too low volume, in my stream yesterday i think i also mention it pretty soon during the first drive, whats the benefit of having betatests if these sort of things arent picked up on?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Well i dont agree on the dont be too harsh on critics on reiza part, there are a lot of people here who love ams2, but by ignoring the issues that are there we are not helping Reiza i believe, as long as the criticism is well underbuild they could/should benefit from it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I had a long answer to you, but.... I remember that my time is valuable.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dady Cairo

For my excuse,i only drive in cockpit view:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

And you dont watch replays either i guess then? ;)

12. Dady Cairo

I would,but haven't the power to do so:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. BCRCGAMING

i just watched that video.... thats the whole problem here, you cant just say its all wondeful, especially when its clearly not, while your battling to keep it in a straight line, no offence.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The clutch slip WAS reported in beta 2 hours before release went live. Maybe it wasn't present in the previous build therefore couldn't have been spotted earlier.

What is tiring is people having a go at backers all the time because they want access to Beta. Low blows are common and not welcome.
    And a second thing, instead of being all emotional and whinny about it, post your findings in the relevant feedback threads as Reiza is always listening.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. arpego

arpego Member

Guys, since last update, we can no longer have more than 20 players in an online race session (practice and qualifying is ok), either with dedicated server or creating a in game lobby. When the lobby/server changes to race session some players are kicked until stay only 20. We are using the same machines as before (cloud and local) and same networks, OS, etc. Only difference was this update.
    Does someone had this problem too?

• Like Like x 4
  16. Dady Cairo

If i had the time,yes,but not so often.Nobody get forced to do testing under every circumstances.So,i also can not say something about wet races or night races,as i'm not a fan of it and leave this to the guys who like it!

17. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

My buddy has a silver '72 Corvette...I'll see how he likes this one. Both Vettes are fun to drive...I am surprised how much I like the road version...try it at Interlagos Historic...

18. Roy Niessink

about the 20 people i havent had that issue, i did have a issue which also happens on normal lobbies that half or more of the people in the lobby/server get disconnected mostly at the end of qually when they cant rejoin, does it happen on every track, because there are tracks with a maximun of 20 pit/player slots.

19. Roy Niessink

Well, i reported bugs in the appropiate forum about the old and new mini and procar chase cam reversed sounds, a while ago, and by a while i mean i believe 6 months ago, only since the 3rd or 2nd last update the procar is fixed, but the mini's are not, so they might be listening, but seeing these "little" bugs, which i should assume are an easy fix, but im no developer, still in the game months and several patches later, and thats just one example doesn't help with motivating people to climb on the forums and post their findings.

i have all the faith in Reiza, dont get me wrong, but you can also understand me i think.
    i wont stop playing this sim either, but just hope such things will improve over time.

Also would be interesting what they will mention in the development blog if that comes what is to be expected the coming time, a word on the monza track and racin usa dlc would be nice, even if it would say it gets delayed, but no communication on that whatsoever is much needed, some form of communication is always better then nothing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Nice insight, and that’s great for us secondary testers ;)to get a sense of how it works.

We can’t all be in beta , and it’s probably a good thing.
    @BCRCGAMING is a great advocate for the title in social media land, and raises valid points that do need addressed, but also let’s not be to stressed about it.
    most the issues are extremely minor , the frustration probably comes from wanting to prove the negative types from RD wrong with the next update etc. but then immediately there’s a couple of little issues with the new content, the same as every other title. but I get it.

But there’s been a whole lot of other polish applied that is something good.
    The RsR is really good now, and many other cars have better front tire feel than ever. Plus all the stuff that most of us are so busy trying to keep on the black top to notice.
    We can already start to look forward to the next update, I’m sure there will be a patch in between.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1