1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

To be fair, people always go on about how people who drove 60s and 70s race cars must've had a massive pair of thighs. I think...

• Funny Funny x 5
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

No idea what your point is by quoting my post. I'm not blaming anyone (although you seem to be), I'm simply pointing out that the clutch slip was mentioned in the Beta thread and did not only appear on release. First mention was on Saturday I think by @MrTulip although others might have mentioned it before, and @2ndLastJedi mentioned it as did I - probably others that I haven't memorised - afraid you'll need to read the thread yourself.
    Might have been an idea to do that before getting so needlessly aggressively sarcastic - makes you look a bit of a prick TBH.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

I am interested in something. How do you guys that have it find the physics?
    When I watch videos many cars have this massive understeer. It just doesn't look realistic. Also when I look at the in-game wheel when driving a corner many cars have this very large input. Even in mild corners the wheel is almost completely turned. It looks so unconnected. I don't know if it is because of the tire physics and I am curious if people like it or not. When I watch to real life footage I always see a direct connection between how the car responds and the wheel. Here the car just ploughs through (not in all cars).
    So I am curious if people are satisfied with the physics model.
    Because there are three models that have to be very good in my eyes to have a fun title. You have to have very good and fun physics, good AI and good multiplayer.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I don't know what you did get wrong with my post.But it lacks on humor from your side.Next time you call me a "prick" i'll shoot you to Mars:D

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed that the update today did not fix the bug introduced last month whereby when you create a new custom championship you can't choose the time you want for the P and Q sessions. Even if you do Change it it defaults to the race time.
    On the plus side, not sure if it was a silent fix or not but had a race with changeable conditions and the track was not soaking wet within three corners like previously.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. SoliderScissors

SoliderScissors New Member

I honestly like the physics very much, as well as the FFB provided.
    About the AI, every time I put them on aggression 96 they are awesome! Very good racers overall.
    As for the multiplayer... I race in a league that usually fills servers with 30+ players and there usually are some quite annoying issues but we can live with that, although since this last update we could no longer keep that player count, some drivers were disconnected (maybe randomly?) until there were at most 20 in the lobby, so... Maybe this part still needs a bit of love :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Not only the race cars. Compared to todays standards the cars from the 70's are "undrivable". Witnessed it "first hand" when my father crashed his Alfasud in 1979 in the wet. The Rest of the car barely made it home, to be scrapped. I kept the Alfa badge as a memento.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can recommend you to come and watch BCRCGAMING - Twitch he is live just now discussing the latest update, and can show and answer your questions.

9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Not during the meteor attack I hope? :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. oez

Yes and as I understood it this is also a time when the attitude towards road safety in Finland was something along the lines of "if we crash and die then it's god's will".

But I suspect the entity upstairs never wanted people to mix bias ply and radials. Or fit road cars with a rear swing axle.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tend to agree... I just want to chip in and mention that Beta users like us are not professionals, so whenever we get to test things (usually not much earlier than release like some others say) we do it if/when we have time and with the limitations of hardware that we have. We are not assigned specific tasks or areas to look after and are left free to check what we feel like.
    With that being said, it is worth saying that for instance just in this update the Beta forum contributed with finding
    1. the issue of the gas pedal sensitivity related to the cars air manifold which finally has yielded noticeably improved handling for a lot of vintage cars (which our favorite AMS2 streamer with his fellow responding 5 minutes after his every post never spotted in the past year). This was entirely a find of the Beta community and kudos to Reiza for listening to the beta forum and finding what the issue was in a few days time
    2. severe issues with Vette's brakes fading which Reiza corrected for release (they probably knew that already IMHO but nevertheless)
    3. Correcting a few graphical glitches especially with wheel movements inside the Vette's wheel well. Again probably Reiza spotted them as well.
    Now, the question: is the Beta forum so different from the main? Not really, people discuss similar things and disagree pretty much in a similar way. Some even lose their minds in a similar fashion there as well. It's just slightly less "noisy".
    Is it contributing to improving the sim? Somehow yes, although most of the times I feel like Reiza knows already of the things we raise.
    Is Reiza listening to the forum? I think it has been proved time and time again they do when things are kept tidy, but when they can and as they can. I'm sure raising a lot of dust like right here right now makes it impossible to read this thread so anything we say here will be lost.

My personal opinion however is that rants like the one that is taking place here today as well as attacks to beta users, personal promotion, tragical depiction of the driving experience as well as recurring users/posts trying to convince everyone else that people should not be liking what they like are not going to contribute in any useful way, but that is me.
    I also have my share of criticism I make and some of the beta participants are so patient to listen to them, but I think we are slightly exaggerating now.
    There are people already losing it 15 months into the release of the sim over a slipping clutch that probably will get fixed in a very short time, I can't imagine what the forums of iracing, RF2 or RR are with the things that are still missing or in need of fixing since several years...

• Agree Agree x 20
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It’s not just you. The beta forum can get testy, but at least its interesting and leads somewhere. Here its mostly a bunch of banging pots and pans. Good lord.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza backers are not employees. Nothing is guaranteed to us, and nothing is required of us, we have no control over what is released - I don't even have to have the beta installed on my system. We are nothing more than glorified paying customers, who put their money up front as a show of faith. To point the finger at us regarding issues with the sim is ridiculous. Is it not clear that an issue may be found, but that it takes time to find and fix the cause?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Time for an extended forum break I think. See you all next update. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Some users mistreat other users with the accusation of having "bet-tested" this version wrong.

The level of surrealism already exceeds that of Monty pythons' "Argument Clinic" sketch.

Bytheway
    -No, is not

Meanwhile..Beccobunsen is tryng again all cars with all tracks due to gamepad better trottle handling...
    See you next month.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. oez

18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yes it is. That's just contradiction! :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

"The Gorilla of Monza"
    He had such a powerful handshake that people would wince....
    He had a dyno in his basement!

Vittorio drove the safety car for Prof Syd Watkins...
    Vittorio - "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?"
    Watkins - "I don't care just don't come by in the lead at the end of the first lap..."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Well... I could tell a long story but I will tell a short one...

I am on AMS2 since day one. First, when the beta was released, and when I looked to the timeline of what was proposed to do, I was mind blowed. Looking at the big picture, present (at the moment + future) I thought it was a matter of time to overcome some 'things' I was facing at gameplay. I think, at this point, it is safe to say some milestones didn't go as planed. Do you remember when was first planned to release the multiplayer rating system? I remember when we was close to receive the rating system I joined a league to race stock cars. Two races was enough to me to leave the league because obviously multiplayer was years late from what was necessary to take it seriously. But not only multiplayer, the driving himself was changing drastically every update. It was even a sort of an "oficial" event here, in Brazil, with a lot of profissional Stock Car racing drivers. A virtual race in the next track of the real calendary that, as I understood, should be the first of others. Well... it was the first and the last one. So, things changed. And thats ok, things changes a lot. But, what is the point where it changes from 'something you need to be envolved in the next two years' to 'something I will be back in two years to have what I expected for'? Features that was a matter of time to be fixed/added at the moment became a matter of too much time. I am not talking about ultra sofisticated features, I am talking about to see my full lap times at the end of a race... maybe have the hability to adjust my mirrors or at least have mirrors reasonably adjusted in every cars, do you know? Today I am just at stand by. I used to post on the beta area destined to bugs but... I am not sure if It was the best use of my time. I used to post at beta area at least some wishes but every time I ended up engaged in a debate to defend my wish againt some user that made the reason of his whole life to prove I was the worst person on earth to even dare to ask for that thing. Virtual Racing forums are toxic, I learned.

The whole thing is, I think players and Reiza will benefit each other from a slightly change at how theirs interactions are done. Other day I complained at RD that a car (not old, AM2 only) was released with the driver model wrong positioned and I had to see comentaries like 'what are you looking at it, its not the important thing, if you go fast enough you will not have time to look at it...'. Common... really? I don't think it is the help that will put AMS2 at the place I, at release, imagined it would already be at this moment.

If, at your judgment, things are going very well, if game have the number of players you think it deserves, if you are finding full races at lobby, if you are having good races at your league... just ignore what I say. Anyway, it is just some thoughts I think I have the right to post here as a day one player. And I am posting here because I agree some talks should happen out of beta area to give life to what really boosts a game, the whole players community.

I support Reiza as I am waiting for and this is th very reason I put these respectful words together.

Cheers everyone.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1