1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Thats quite a cruel post. Sums up the issues quite nicely though. I am indeed out, and with posts like yours floating around I probably wont be the last. Great way to contribute :(

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Jiminy Cricket! I'm with you on this one sunscreen. I don't think you've ever acted in a way to deserve this kind of post.

As for quitting the forum, it may not be such a bad idea for your own sake if you only foresee going against the grain for the time being. It's not about being right or wrong, just that the naturally occuring opposing views and often heated discourse will wear you down.

But I would wish to see you back later, so make it a long break rather than a deleted profile :).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The more tools we have to communicate the less capable of actual communication we become.

Sad but true :(

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I think i have the wrong person here and i do apologize! For some reason your name triggered memories of a very toxic and negative to Reiza and AMS2 member :confused::oops:
    Sorry mate.
    Im :confused:
    But my you could just leave, no need to delete your profile comment still stands ;) Not sure why the need to delete yourself, that seems like a OTT response to not enjoying the game or Ai.

Edit: i have now edited that comment (i left me original post there but added my mistake and apology).

• Like Like x 2
  5. oez

In fact half of the internet is hellbent on arguing about tools of communication themselves since we had more than one operating system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a friendly reminder:

Please keep distance from personal attacks.

An opinion that doesn't match with our own one, or any comment about intentions to leave the boards doesn't mean that it should deliver us ground for any ad hominem way of confrontation.

Try to keep it as respectful as possible!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I myself found that it is quite a bit easier to stay away from a place if you don't hold the key to it anymore :) If you abolutely want to keep yourself away, that is.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The schedule for updates is what it is because the game is under active development as it has been since the first beta release, and it makes sense for us to have the progress shared with all users on a monthly basis so people know when they can expect it.

In terms of content, new cars and tracks only go in when we deem them to be at an acceptable level - opinions of what that standard is will vary and sometimes more glaring issues slip into release undetected, but the fact we have these big monthly updates usually followed by complementary updates the week after mean any big issue is unlikely to stand for long, and that feedback from the wider user base can be used for these updates - that drives development as much as anything else.

Given that, it is natural that any new content or feature will be its least developed version but users can also take for granted progress will arrive in short order. That has been the process since the very beginning - people are of course free to agree or disagree whether that´s the right way to go about it but really shouldn´t be surprising for anyone at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. sk8

sk8 Member

The new clutch code feels great! I've had no slips. And it's great to feel the front end more now. Interesting that we're still getting such drastic changes to the physics. Are they better than AMS1 yet? No not for me. But they are getting closer with each update and I can't wait for them to surpass AMS1 eventually(if that is Reiza's goal and/or ability). AMS2'S track quality and list are just brilliant!
    The new Corvette feels great at Daytona to me. Definitely fun.
    Not sure why people get so angry when criticising/defending AMS 2 though?

• Like Like x 1
  10. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm not really understanding the criticism of Reiza for releasing content with imperfections.
    To paraphrase some wise human, probably from the military:
    “A good plan, well executed now, is better than waiting for a perfect plan next week.”

I was gleefully racing RSRs v C3s last night at Spa and having a huge amount of fun - despite the minor imperfections. I'd rather have it now than wait for it to be perfected. And the feedback Reiza get from releasing it, will probably help them perfect it faster.

Thanks for the update Reiza!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

It is a good question, but I´m growing less inclined to trying to understand it and more just getting rid of it as this dynamic has gradually made the forum a fairly unpleasant place to visit and engage with, and I´d much prefer spend my dev time working on the game then moderating the forum.

If you are not enjoying the game, move on to something else - there is no reason to subject yourself to frustration and others to a blizzard of moaning, nor to announce departures unless your intent is creating drama. And if someones does do any of that, there is no reason for others to engage with it as tho someone just cursed their mother as that just adds to it. This is meant to be fun folks, if you´re not having it let´s try be kind enough not to spoil it for others.

• Agree x 18
    • Winner x 15
    • Like x 6
    • Friendly x 4
    • Disagree x 1
  12. sk8

sk8 Member

It is lots of fun! Thank you!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Honestly, I just want to be able to report problems without all the drama and defense that results. Not just be expected to ignore the problems and move to something else. Personally, I am enjoying the title immensely and only want it to improve, hence reporting issues if I find them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. oez

This is not aimed at anyone specifically: The best way is to report a specific issue to the correct thread without a meltdown and move on :). It has often happened that there's a genuine issue that can be looked into that's accompanied by vitriol, general moaning and/or outright BS which drowns out the useful message. That is often difficult to ignore for other forum users. Definitive statements also often trigger a heated discussion.

Then sometimes it's not obvious whether something is an actual issue or not which can also turn into a discussion. I think "lack of front end bite" is a good example of such a problematic subject :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree that the public meltdowns after every update when someone's pet bug didn't get fixed and so the toys must fly out of the pram are silly. But if the only way to get developers to react on the forums is a public meltdown, I'm not surprised it happens either. Incentives breed behaviour. A bit more communication would be helpful, even if only "hi guys we are a bit busy working on X but more news next week".

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Renato Simioni

The proof that we are actually tracking user feedback is outlined in these fairly sizeable monthly changelogs which often are heavily concentrated in addressing users most common complaints and requests - sometimes certain fixes and improvements take longer than others for a variety of reasons, but we´re usually aware of what´s being most discussed - so long as it´s not buried by 3 pages of moaning and counter-moaning :p

I´m afraid it´s not realistic to expect us to engage with every single report or comment made in the forum, not least as many of them are not objective problems but subjective opinions we may not necessarily agree with (even if we will still take it onboard) - our time is better spent only absorbing it and getting on with the work at hand, and if these reports or comments are going where they should you can be fairly confident we have registered them - the response will come in the form of a set incremental improvements users can expect to be regularly deployed with these monthly game updates.

Finally, my occasional stepping in to interject in heated discussions should not be seen as a reward for the so-called meltdowns, but rather a necessary intervention to highlight the excess of noise is actually proving detrimental to us collecting the objective feedback we want and use to keep making the game better.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 6
  17. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good vibes to you and all the devs Renato. I have nearly 1000 hours on AMS2… you guys have given me a lot of fun. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah, you mean the monthly Development Updates!
    Wait, … did I miss something? :whistle:
    Haha, just kidding. :D:p
    Thank you for the great work and the best sim ever IMHO!

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

Peer to peer lobby with the new Enable Pitstop refueling Activated. We wiil test on the dedicated server as well as soon as possible.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I want to add that infighting can be avoided if we focus on creating threads to talk about things we like.

Like, the forum also serves as a common gathering place to discuss strategy and setups, favorite cars, things like that.

I think being on the monthly update thread lends itself to arguments because no one is really here to talk about anything but how they like the update. Which is fine to give feedback, but I think some of it is because it's such a broad topic, things come flying in from every angle. Just speculation from my end.