1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To add, the very good majority of us on this forum love ams2, and how many of us are only really on this forum while we're at work/school? I think we just have an addiction to this amazing game and all the energy we spend trying to get our fix gets misdirected at others

• Like Like x 2
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, guys, With the Corvette 70's. You need to shift slowly:

1. Go off the throttle completly
    2. Press the clutch fully
    3. Shift the stick
    4. Release clutch totally
    5. Finally apply throttle again
    6. So many y's.
    Do not already apply throttle when you're still relasing the clutch it will slip.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a friend of mine noting that the new feature where the host of an event can allow/disallow refueling is set to off until you enable it when you create an event it did fix the issue in his group. That could be the reason why you are experiencing that. Did you or the host check that option?

4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

You kind of do a lot of it in the form of @CrimsonEminence :). He has been a level headed beacon in these discussions for months. I think it's a good way to have some kind of actively social channel between beta/development and the public forum.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Roberto Lopes

Roberto Lopes New Member

Yes. We did. Nothing solved. And other leagues have reported the same issue. Remember. The host of the event always can refuel. The other cars don't.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Victor Pires

Victor Pires New Member AMS2 Club Member

AMS2 is now my favourite simracing and it’s improving faster than its peers.

« Long Beach: Fix broken transform on some fence speakers; Adjusted pitlane cheat block » - i hope this had fixed track limits problem in T1 Long Beach.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What exactly is it?

Important reminder, Long Beach is a special case:
    Like in real life, you musn't cross the pit exit lane or your lap will be invalidated.
    Also you aren't allowed to cut the inside Kerb too much at T1.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2021-9-1_9-34-17.png

For sure... I have to admit at this point the standard already must be clear to 'subjective moaners'.

Have fun, guys.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Agree, but the question is: should it slip when you shift too quickly? If slip would happen in the real car as well, then at least I have no issue with it :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Its only apparent/worse at low altitude tracks (more power).
    Scaled to power output.
    Manual and Autoclutch and only vehicle to exhibit so far

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. oez

This was mentioned a few pages back. I'm also waiting for many driver positions to get fixed. This stuff has indeed been broken for VR users for a long time. Renato acknowledged them in one Q&A reply as being part of initial struggles with tooling and that they will get fixed. I'm not sure if some have been fixed since and I can't remember seeing these on new content lately. So seeing it happen again in a new car is a bit confusing.

12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe the drivers are still placeholders, not sure why, possibly harder than anticipated to fix and on the bottom of the priority list.

You can see they don't even move their heads when watching replays or live open wheel races.

13. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

According to reliable sources, the driver pants are also assless. I’m starting a petition to demand asses be rendered on all driver models.

• Funny Funny x 7
  14. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Edited out re TT
    sry was offline lol

15. Gevatter

There is an ass being rendered on the driver of the F Classic G1. You can see it in replays if you look under the car :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting to know that you checked...lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. oez

That's cause a lot of drivers had a massive tapeworm problem in the 80s.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This sarcastic behaviour 'defending' AMS2 is just as bad as the one 'attacking' it, as it serves as fuel for even more heated discussions and contribute with nothing at all to the thread...

Just move on, both sides.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

They are not placeholders - all driver models and animations are adjusted per car on new releases, and we only have a handful of cars from the backlog remaining to receive these driver model adjustments. Unfortunately there is a discrepancy in cockpit view vs 3rd person which is how the driver model configured in his seat which we haven´t managed to track down, and it can lead to this type of clipping from the cockpit POV. The issues with replay fidelity in some animations is something else altogether.

Both types of issues are on our to-fix list, but these are the kind of fixing that can be hard to assess a timeline for as we still need to figure out what´s causing it to begin with. They are also most definitely not considered release showstoppers but rather the minor visual glitches that they in fact are, and it´s the kind of thing that for the most part we consider as par for the course for a game of this size growing at this rate. We could potentially avoid such QA issues by simply limiting or cutting down on features - not having complete body driver animations per car, limiting VR range or just limiting the number of cars in the sim - the same can be said about other minor QA glitches with wipers, raindrops, damage etc which is what many other racing sims do one extent or another, but we´d like to offer it all even if we need to work our way up to it over time :)

I understand that some users are annoyed by these kind of glitches and it can be a heavy OCD trigger in some cases, and some may not be fully onboard with our development process and design choices but these are our choices to make, and we´re comfortable with our assesment that this is ultimatey how we go about offering the most value in the shortest time, even if not quite to everyone´s immediate satisfaction ;)

Exactly.

• Like Like x 21
    • Informative Informative x 6
  20. Gevatter

Yeah it all started on a rainy June morning when I watched a replay and thought to myself "What is that thing scraping the floor behind the front axle?" :D

• Funny Funny x 1