1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah ok i understand, yeah with a unstable home connection it would be worse.

When you updated the server you replaced the server.cfg file with the old one? Not just modified the new one? If the last thing is the case then it might be some setting in the config which is bugging.

I dont know if you have looked at a Project Cars 2 forum or anything, since i believe the dedicated server has not changed much except for the name in the webconfig, could be users from Project Cars 2 experienced some of the same problems.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. arpego

arpego Member

Looking again at the early tests I made with this instance (2vcpu/4gb), it should be more than enough, we ran sessions with 25-27 players using on peak ~85% of CPU and ~80% of RAM usage.
    But, every time we updated the server starts to happen weird stuff, like this current issue or random disconnections, etc.
    On Sunday, before this update, we had on the same machine/software a event with +25 players without any issues :confused:

About the cloud/hardware specs for hosting a game server, just for comparison, we recently tested running a ACC server on a smaller T3 instance without issues.. Probably is something on the software side, or maybe configs, some optmization, etc..

3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, to your credit where its due
    inc & esp
    I would add Also, a good listener and has a capacity to prevent burning of bridges.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. arpego

arpego Member

Yes, you are right.:D I only used the old one after updating with the "UpdateRelease.bat" included on the original post about DedicatedServer: AMS2 Dedicated Server Tool / SteamCMD

I think its a good idea to try a clean install, only modifying the new files.;)

About PCars2 forums, I have looked only when I installed the server for the first time, searching about configs and LUA scripts, things like that.. But, maybe I should give another try.

5. daguru

daguru Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all
    Have I missed anything about road maps ?
    Are there going to be any more ?
    Cheers

6. Roy Niessink

Yeah the reason i asked about the config file is maybe something changed to the max clients allowed which is at the top of the file.

You could also try some tests if u have the possibility and the people to try set that to max 22, test it, then set to 24, test it, that way you can maybe pinpoint an exact number where things go wrong

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Luke Blum

Luke Blum Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations @CrimsonEminence ! I actually didn't know you were employed in an official capacity, but that explains how you know so much stuff about the game, lol. That's sweet! Now you can really push my "release the McLaren MP4/4 right now" agenda :whistle: (just kidding y'all)

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. arpego

arpego Member

Ahh about that configuration, we set it to 32 max members. I think there is a comment on the configuration file saying that 32 is the limit of the client side (game), but the server theorically goes up to 64.

9. Roy Niessink

Yeah true, and in the webconfig at the opponents settings page you also set it to 32? Maybe try as i suggested to set it to 22 then do a testrun, if it works well, try 24 etc, etc

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. arpego

arpego Member

Yeah, set it to 32 too (or 30 depending on which track was chosen)

Okay, I will try that too! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Like a '69 Fiat 500...(with double tip Trottle in the middle)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hmmmmmm, I use 100% but after hitting the wall at turn one at BrandsHatch with the C3, just a light bent bumper and hood.
    Telemetry says the impact was with -8.5G!
    After crash the car felt the same as before, strange.
    Shouldn't be 100 % some kind of real?
    ss143634.jpg tel.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, great atmosphere at Adelaide 88 now!
    ss150208.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Simple rule: “Before you speak or write ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say or write should be left unsaid or unwritten.” - Bernard Meltzer. And to this I've added, am I saying or writing it in the appropriate place. Bold added to quote for context.

It's not hard for me to be kind and helpful but truth and necessary I often find more difficult:D. So while I type a lot of posts I rarely end up clicking 'Post'.:confused:

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Also shout-out to @Coanda, @Marc Collins and @Marius H.
    They're delivering invaluable contribution to the progress of AMS2 and if they're giving information, you can be assured, it's trustworthy!

It's not a trivial thing to do and requiring a lot of free time. Please be assured, that there is no sugarcoating for urgent issues going on and a very critical and healthy atmosphere established around the whole deal of improving AMS2 as a product. Sometimes things might take a bit of time and aren't adressed immediately. It sounds cliché by now, always repeating it in this way but: It can just be done so much at once in a specific time frame.

If you have direct questions about a certain occurance, don't be afraid to ask, it can't harm.
    If you want to vent, fine, but follow the overall forum rules point about keeping nettiquette.

• Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I've some information that you guys totally have to invest into Marius-Coin. Trust me :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Member

Don’t know what else to say!! This is better than ever. Just had the best race ever.
    (If there’s only rating system in place :whistle: it’d very hard to have any other sim. installed o_O:D)

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Roy Niessink

A race against ai or online?

20. Danny Michael

Danny Michael New Member

Yes, it is sorely lacking and the reason I haven't fired up AMS2 in several months. I keep checking to see if they finally added the promised ranking system, but it seems multiplayer is not a priority. Pretty, shiny things and adding more empty classes seem to be more important than fixing long standing bugs and a ranking system. I'll keep checking back, I have an investment in this product, but right now there is nothing in this sim that isn't done better in other sims.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1