1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately people read what they want to read... :(

2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

A strange addition considering the lack of Mazzas in PC2 or AMS2 but speculation probably won't get us too far

3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the ".cash" in my imaginary folder that interests me. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. CatAstrophe05

Went straight over my head there :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

@oez vw polo rx vs Uno Turbo incoming? Battle of the FWD :cool:

Edit: just noted that the Rx isn't the lesser FWD sibling of the WRC :(

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

I would not call Rally Cross cars "lesser". RX is simply another kind of sport, and real door to door racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Rallycross is awesome, indeed. But only in real life. You need to feel the bashing, clashing, crashing and all the rumble. Otherwise it's just going round and round with a bit of slide here and there. Meh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. McClutch

Well if you go that way, driving a 198hp roadster down curvy country roads and back home on a high speed Autobahn section without any straight on Saturday is more exiting than AMS2, but stilI do I play AMS2 on Sundays.
    Mainly for tracks and cars that are not obtainable anymore, or never were, for the average person.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
  9. Marius H

Yeah, but RallyCross you are racing door2door and clash a lot. Even get damage and dangling stuff. On a circuit you're driving fast, smooth and clean. No clashing, crashing etc unless you overdo it or some idiot rams you :D

10. McClutch

My AMS2 reality and your's are very different, We tend to put the 200% damage to good use ;)

11. Marius H

Hmmmmmm. Guess there's some misscommunication. Or Imma too stupid :D

12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It had been mentioned before.
    C3 is too fast for the Mini and the Lotus in VTC. With release of the 2002, is there a split in VTC60's and 70's possible?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The team are working on it as we speak
    scanning team.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. CatAstrophe05

Someone's not too familiar with touring cars :p
    Sidenote- I've been on an AC binge for the last few months, and after a return to AMS2 can I just mention how relieving it feels to be able to actually drive wheel to wheel and have a few knocks with the AI without it just feeling like "dont breathe near them or else you'll suddenly lose all tire grip no matter what the speed or limit you're at is and you'll bounce off the track like a pinball"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm noticing that nobody so far has applauded the announcement of a '70s version of Nürburgring?

I completely understand why Reiza announces that they're working on the '70s Nürburgring and not the '60s version. Since there are fewer changes compared with today's track, it should be a lot less work for them to do on such a huge model, source data is easier to find and of higher quality, and it matches the current content focus in AMS2 which focuses on the '70s and newer.

The choice of the '70s Nürburgring is what I expected, but not what I was hoping for. I was hoping for hedges packed close to the track, no curbs, no gravel traps, and dangerous crests over bridges. I imagine that this is what most people think of when they think of the historic Nürburgring?

I might be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the '70s Nürburgring, so I could change my mind about this. But as it stands, I would rather have Reiza focus fully on Spa now, the Historic Track Pack next year, and then have a proper '60s Nürburgring arrive 2 years later. While it's nice to have unique historic versions of tracks that aren't available in other racing sims, in my view the '70s Nürburgring is not different enough from the current Nordschleife to spend that much development time on. But again: I might end up being pleasantly surprised.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

It seems to me that if someone mentions bugs and content in the same sentence he is jumped on. This threads title is Development Update so this should include bugs. Maybe if they include the track team to help fix the bugs then users will be happier quicker

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You know, it's kind of exhausting for some, to always repeat the fact, that fixing bugs is not slowed down by content releases, that make a small percentage of the whole changelogs in the first place.
    It's just a false narrative, that doesn't hold up, when looking at those changelogs already.
    The same is true for assumptions made, like "this can't be fixed".

Nobody argues with that. It's about false assumptions like the mentioned one.

If it's not directly track related, nope. A track developer will rarely engage with network or UX/UI issues for example.

Of course, bugs directly related to issues on tracks are also sorted by the respective team.

But again: just because there are 2-3 pieces of content added, it doesn't mean, it will slow down any bug fixing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  18. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Problem is that a skilled 3D artist likely lacks all useful lower level programming skill or at least are very unfamiliar with the platform since they spend most of their time modeling tracks. Not necessarily of course, but talent doesn't grow on trees and it can't be a requirement in general. Some people are incredibly cross-skilled, but even then you want to use their main skill as much as possible and not waste their time doing something they aren't as good and efficient at. They are probably not out of tracks to work on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In defense of the people fixing the bugs, I would say new content/feature is very likely to bring/trigger new bugs, though.

So there isn't such clear independency between these two dev fronts. Naturally I would expect that neither the 'narrative' of 'new content = slower debugging' nor 'new content doesnt affect bug fixing' are 100% true.

Anyway, it is yet another fruitless discussion that I admit to have participated in the past around these threads.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Definetly. It will not stop chasing a lead on an already launched bug hunt of another issue, tho.^^
    New content does of course affect bug fixing in general, because there is a chance of having new bugs introduced. But like mentioned, it will not compromise any high priority fix, that was already in the process of adressing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.