1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

you're right. There never has been livery override folders in PC1/2
    But in Overrides we can find Lamborghinis and some others.
    So why Reiza should generate override xml's without having it in the queue????

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  2. JKangSC

JKangSC New Member

I expect more updates on the physics and ffb side, rather than more and more contents.

I understand reiza has to put out more content for more profit. But do spent some time to polish the game. I just can't get along with the handling, as a result I have barely played AMS 2 in the past few months. And with each monthly update, I got more frustrated.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is it you don't get along with? Just saying "fix the physics" isn't very helpful.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Wolfgang Herold

in the last 2 months there were more or less only functional updates and very few content.
    Most was FFB and physics tweaks. o_O So what? Mimimimi?

AMS2 will never feel like AC.
    AC will never feel like iRacing
    iRacing will never feel like RF2
    RF2 will never feel like PC2
    And thats good.
    So what do you expect, when just barely driving a sim.
    Invest 20 hours and your brain will switch, and maybe you'll have problems to switch back to some other sim. :p

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

You forgot RaceRoom,my dear...:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I think most people forget RaceRoom in all fairness: for every thousand things I see about AC or iRacing I'd be lucky to see one about R3E

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Race Distance Scale is already an option. Use that.
    upload_2021-9-6_8-45-22.png

Adrenaline - Pack featuring several off-road & Extreme Motorsports cars and tracks <<< this DLC will likely see return of rallycross, since it was a part of AMS1 before too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

see : Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1
    Otherwise... don't expect major changes to the physics. And always remember, the art team isn't the physics team isn't the audio team, etc.

9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Add to that, there is a sequence of steps and tasks within any development process, where ignoring the proper sequence will cost more energy, time and resources, in the end.

Prudence suggests to avoid all noise that suggests otherwise.

10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I do mean to post a full appraisal of the post at some point, but in summary:

• Thanks for the update on AI personalities; this is huge for me. Fingers crossed there'll be a way to tweak them eventually.
    • Lots of confirmations about '70s' content - really appreciate this personally as I'd rather have a focus on this area - most tracks have Armco by this point so it feels a lot better to have a '70s Nurburgring, Spa and Monza than to have one '60s, one '70s and one of them from the '80s.
    • Not sure why the turbo version of the 2002 is chosen, when I don't believe it raced prominently until in Group 5 trim, but it's a good proxy for an N/A 2002 that was very common in early '70s touring cars.
    • Now you have two '60s' and two '70s' cars in that touring class, I hope you'll consider splitting them into those pairs.
    • Fingers crossed you have a CSL buried somewhere in that licencing paperwork and huge backlog of cars in the pipeline!
    • Appreciate you pulling together another matching pair of GP cars. Will there be some generic (F Retro Gen 3?) cars to match these?
    • Next Dev blog sounds very interesting too; hopefully Racin USA Part 2 will have some more vintage content.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wolfgang Herold

thats why i bought a motion system. I can feel all that bashing, clashing, crashing and rumble. :D
    Sure its an expensive solution. But when i started first with a cheap DIY arduino based bass shaker solution, my view changed with how allive Dirt Rally could be and how much fun i gained.
    W/o that, Rally felt dead.
    And be sure, Rally with SMS engine feels much better than Codemasters engine, so i hope Renato will gift us with offroad feeling in the far future too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tim Driscoll

Tim Driscoll New Member

That, as well as single races. At least with the Formula Ultimate. I've not noticed it with the GTE or GT3 cars in Single race, but almost always with Custom Championships.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah. I am waiting for Reiza Rallye Sim. Hope after AMS 2.

Just 4.33 minutes of your life. This is what Rallycross, at least on high level, is. It's clashing, bashing, crashing, etc. Dangling parts, etc. You want to feel that in real life. All the shaking and rolling. In Dirt Rally 1 & 2 it one of the most boring modes because you do not feel this. Yes, maybe in your rim, but not.. well. You got the picture.

One of the things is that personally I hope Reiza focusses on circuit-racing in AMS 2 I know historic is going to be a big thing these months because Renato loves historic stuff. Would rather invest the money in making AMS 2 better . Anyway if there's any off-road I would suggest making Reiza Rallye after AMS 2.

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Formula Ultimate should use 2 similar liveries per team (different numbers tho), which is normal. If not fixed yet, it could be, it has a doubled AI driver at Max. Grid though (the french name i forgot about right now, Daigenault or so).

Custom Champ indeed has the doubled livery problem.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. JKangSC

JKangSC New Member

It's mainly the ffb and a bit of the handling, I guess. I'm using a Thrustmaster TS-PC and I find the default ffb is not as intuitive as other sims. I did tried a few other custom ffb files, and didn't find one that make me satisfying.

What I like to see is that developers as least update the default ffb instructions. It was last updated on April, 2020. This is requested by lots of forum members as well.

16. JKangSC

JKangSC New Member

I've played AMS 2 for about 100 hours, 104 hours to be precise. I did enjoy AMS2 some time ago. But nowadays I find the ffb is not as satisfying as other sims thus I rarely play it. I did try a few custom ffb file, but no luck.

Yes, they wont' feel like each other. I mainly play AC, and I can easily get used to the handling of R3E, rf2. This is not the case in term of switching to AMS 2 for me.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I suggest you try the ‘delta x’ custom ffb file tuned by @Kuku Maddog on this page:

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

It really helps the ffb feel.

Edit: I'm using Delta X tune V2

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Race distance only controls the race. You still get super long practice and qualifying sessions.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

You can skip to the next session any time during practice and qualifying?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. JKangSC

JKangSC New Member

• Friendly Friendly x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.