1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 September 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Sep 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay well might be best to ask in the FFB threads on what are the best settings for that wheel. The custom FFB lets you modify the relative strength of the effects as well, in case you are missing something specific. The reality is that AC and AMS2 have very different tyre models and somewhat different FFB philosophies, so they're never gonna feel very similar if that is what you're after.

Maybe try the McLaren F1 GTR, it has probably the sharpest turn-in response and good sensation of connection with the road. If you can get the FFB to feel good for that car, many others might follow.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

for the weather system, post reads it now works everywhere (all tracks)/Any location, but, in 2015n July 17, Bathurst looked like this ..
    upload_2021-9-7_18-27-28.png

not like this?

upload_2021-9-7_18-26-3.png
    so is the original post written to mean that coming soon we wil have real weather or that its already implimented? -or- its just the temperatures that are accurate?

upload_2021-9-7_18-30-57.png

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

What was meant is that the system looks for the real historical registered temperatures, that much is correct...

However, the 0°C minimum air and track temperature limitation still stands as it would mean the devs would need to add snow and ice covered tracks as well as snow/ice tires, which aren't yet ready.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

FYI snow is disabled on the track in all cases as per Reiza.. Still it would have to be snowy in the surroundings, assuming that has been included as a "graphical" possibility for that area of the world

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

this is a nitpicking attempt to point on nonexistent bugs or failures of the game.
    As Shriukan said, and everyone with a bit knowledge should know, THERE IS NO SNOW in AMS2.
    If you dig as deep as you can, you'll always find something you can hit. Ridicolous o_O

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

But couldn't it at least look like that?
    There seems to be no "frozen" foliage for Bathurst,wich is understandable as it is a exception in that climate zone.Ok,i doubt the ground was frozen.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you are looking at an anomolous scenario. Its like modeling a hurricane for daytona - unnecesary

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe it could just be that frozen "surroundings" aren't graphically modeled for all tracks, especially those in places where it doesn't happen. That is why Bathurst is not showing them.
    As far as snow goes, AMS2 decision was to avoid it on track for the time being as there are no cars that would race in those conditions either. So if I remember well snow was replaced with rain...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Snow-covered leaves on deciduous trees is sign that the event is very likely to be a rare anomaly more than anything else. When it happens here, Roads may be closed for some time to clean up all the broken tree-limbs and toppled trees scattering the roads.

10. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the useful answers above, I think I assumed that the update post inferred all locations were able to convey winter and summer colours or snow surrounding like Spa and a few of the other tracks, not concerned about the snow on track currently, I was in Bathurst on this day, and I was excited to give it a go when i read that.

In other games the terrain can be an RGBA texture where (example) R=Grass,G=Sand,B=grass/sand etc wherein R could be swapped for Grass/Snow, both RF2 and AC can use this type of texture scheme, presumably AMS2 as well. example below the "heatmap" for the RF2 Sebring where black == grass, red/translucent red == sand grass shadow, and green == sandy. They use a second map on top of this one to alternate it AGAIN so that it mixes in some more. if they ever allow us to skin tracks it would be great to be able to give tracks a winter look, or even a drought period look where the grass was completely dead etc.

Fingers crossed!
    1625862354751.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Look Mum, I'm a record holder!
    Also the C3 needs its own class DESPERATELY, this level of deficit is ridiculous and yet it's one we all saw coming
    While there's the minor BOP addition of the car basically being impossible to take through T7-8 fast without swapping ends thanks to the open diff, that doesn't mean I couldn't pull 12 seconds off the Mini with my admittedly rather poor driving ability, and while Imola is definetely an unfair competition thanks to the power track element it's undoubtable the C3 is dominant everywhere with what the TT leaderboards say, not even Azure lets the other cars match this thing

Plus I mean the whole new class could open the floodgates to a whole breadth of historia: like fleshed out full classes of 60s and 70s touring and GTs upload_2021-9-7_22-1-22.png upload_2021-9-7_22-2-7.png upload_2021-9-7_22-2-31.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is definitely still issues with real weather. I regularly leave a session if there is rain when the real weather for that day says there wasn't any and then when I reload that session the weather conditions are completely different.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This thread is perfect for reports of that kind, i think.^^

Official Real Weather Report Topic

• Like Like x 3
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree.
    This is replicating historic touring car racing, which had mismatches all over the place and was never a level paying field like modern BOP categories for example GT3 & GT4. I don't think it should be fragmented for the sake of Time Trial leader boards.

Perhaps Reiza should call them 'categories' rather than 'classes' though?

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

16. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 3
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I'm also trying to think in the context of this being a game with free choice: yes, in real life there were mismatches but that was real life- you had to work with whatever you had to drive whether it was a class dominator or a car that struggled to even get the engine on
    This is a game though- having such an enormous mismatch means that this is, simply put, going to be a one-car class for most people unless someone REALLY wants to play the underdog, and if there's such a varied class but yet it's still mostly just everyone hopping straight into the C3 where's the fun in that?

18. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, I think Reiza could have a 'vintage touring' catagory, made up of multiple classes of vintage cars from that period. Obviously the c3 is much faster than the mini so the c3 could be put in 'class 1' whilst the mini is in 'class 2'. I don't think that period cars should be BoP'd if they weren't in the past.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think snow is currently represented as rain in real weather, and ik ams2 doesn't support snow on the track or in the background like in project cars 2. Whilst it was a cool and fun gimmick in project cars 2 to drift around nords in a rallycross car, i'm not sure if its worth the developement update to get snow working in ams2, compared to all the other things the community ask for.

20. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Lotus 23 or the Corvette C3 have never been raced in any class labelled "touring cars". They are Group 4 sports cars, one from the early 60s another from late 60s - early 70s. It's like putting a SEAT Leon TDI from 10 years ago and a modern GT4 car in the same class and expecting them to be competitive against each other and calling it "Modern Touring Cars". The "Touring Classics" C3 would better belong in the street cars category, with its small block V8 and open differential being mostly unsuitable for racing.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.