1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.3.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.3.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

IMO it's just too hard for the average sim racer to be competitive and safe in online mp open wheel racing. Single player of course is a different story.

2. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

edit: double post

3. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. The truth is driving Formula 1 in AMS2 (but same for all sims) is physically much much more intense and require much more of a good setup otherwise it's very difficult to push it. You really need to bust your a$$ to hustle them around quick enough.
    I think these barriers are making for a relatively less popular class (and similarly to some other very fast tintops like Gr. C)..

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand what you guys mean, but I disagree to some extent: F3, F-Classic, F-V12, F-V10 (Gen 1 & Gen 2), F-Reiza and F-Ultimate are fairly "easy" to drive with the default setup. It is only tricky on non dry scenarios.

F-Vee and F-Trainer are awesome little guys that, indeed, require something like a 15 min practice before taking it to a race.

Now, the oldies like F-Vintage and F-Retro, those are really hard to take around the track. However, if people would use the proper track for those, it is somewhat manageable to handle those beasts if you do not behave like a lunatic on throttle.

So yea, about the 'too-difficult-to-drive' for the GT3 afficionados, I definitely wouldn't say that about F3, F-Classic, F-V12, F-V10 (Gen 1 & Gen 2), F-Reiza and F-Ultimate. Unless they can't handle taking very fast decisions that those cars require...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok i've been seeing alot of discussion here about GT3's and people wanting to race summit else.

I really like GT3's but then I do tend to drive them with all the driving aids (TC, ABS) turned off, makes them much more fun! However I really like alot of other types of cars aswell, so im not bashing GT3's (i'd miss them if we did'nt have em), just thinking of celebrating some other types of cars that sadly get ignored.

So here's an idea... Hows about later on tonight I run a server thats anything but GT3's???
    For instance Classic Mini Coopers at Gaupore (this is an awsome combo!)
    Chevy Opala's at 1970's Interlagos (Also a great combo)
    Formula Vee's at Monaco/Azur Circuit (Now theres a challenge)

I could run the server full sim! I,e, full damage, manual pitstops, realsitic driving Aids only, real weather and so on.

I can live stream it to on my YT channel.

Could be a heck of a lot of fun and ive got a free evening so why not!

What you lot think? I'll post details here later if you're up for it???

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I've gotten to the point in my sim-racing life where I just don't get into F1 level open wheelers any more. It's just too fast and furious for my liking these days although, it's fun to drive one for a few laps now and again just to experience the power and agility of those cars.

Slower open-wheelers (and open cockpit / Prototypes) do still appeal to me though, especially when using VR. Track-day and feeder-series level cars remain very attractive choices for me but, I also enjoy new and classic tin-tops in general, including GT4 / GT3 / GTE.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I disagree on the F-Ultimate. It was a very good car to drive in AMS1 but it's a very tricky car to drive in AMS2, it slides way too easily on high speed corners, Steelcast27 mentioned in his setup video that it was pretty tricky finding a good setup for it. The other open-wheelers you mentioned are all nice to drive.

8. Ettore

It's not necessarily difficult to drive what I meant. It's much more that it's physically exhausting because corners come fast and you are really wrestling the steering wheel especially if you have a fairly strong FFB setting. One hour race in the formula cars from classic forward is physically more demanding than the GT3s at least for me.
    Secondly, for all this effort if your setup isn't good you will really struggle to be fast...
    So most people will step away from this scenario.

9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well... that's simulation for you. Its the physical and mental overload. Owning and driving a racing kart myself - its a challenge to drive it and keep going due to the same issues you mentioned. My Z06 Corvette around a car track at full speed is much easier to tolerate.

10. Ettore

I actually do like most of those cars and enjoy the physical side as well as the setup side, but I can see why more casual racers love to fire up ACC, have a ready to use setup that you only have to alter in a pretty much known way and go at it in a fairly slow paced and not physically demanding GT3 full of electronics braking for you and accelerating for you.
    Not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal in that...

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, when are the hard tyre compounds coming to the F-Reiza class?
    What about C1-C5 to the F-Ultimate?

I understand different tyre compounds influence AI development, but if we are restricted by that, I highly doubt we will ever get the compounds... AI development, while it has been improving slowly, is something that I don't think we will reach a satisfactory level anytime soon.

Hopefully I'm dead wrong, but I suspect AI won't be great even after AMS2 dev cycle is finally closed. It is just way too many permutations of car+track+weather+setup to manage... If things are too dependant on finetuning these combos, we might get idk 5% of the combos great, but the remaining 95% still quite sufferable.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok We're live! Come Join in for an evening of anything but GT3 fun! Server name and password details in stream, please race fair and clean.

• Like Like x 1
  13. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yup, many of the Formula cars could do with some extra tyre compounds. Did some 30-60 minute races with some Discord groups/leagues and noticed the F-Ultimate, F-Reiza, V10 Gen 1's, and Classic Gen 3 all could've used at least one extra compound to make race strategy more interesting. The Ultimate needs some form of medium compound, where the Classic Gen 3 needs Hards/mediums, etc.

14. TRCB

TRCB Active Member AMS2 Club Member

me.. looking for that update with Monza at 7AM, 1st October... in Australia..
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

I mean it would be around 2/3pm on the 30th in Brasil if my knowledge of timezones serves me so there's stil hope but considering it's 10pm here in England I'm probably gonna have to play it tomorrow if it launches today anyway

16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, a couple hours ago the beta and notformedia branch was updated, and the stagingtest a few minutes ago, normally i think the update will be there in a couple hours, unless they find some huge bugs/issues with it.

Edit: just checked and all beta branches got updated a couple minutes ago.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Well that was a truely awsome night of racing!

1970's Chevy Opala's at `1970's Interlagos, 1980's Chevy Opala's at same track. Porsche 911 RSR 1974 and Chevey c3's, again smae track. Then Ginetta G40's at Oulton park, and finally Mitsubishi Lancers at Velo Citta.

Server grid was in double figures for the majority of the night, highest was 18 drivers, it was only the very last race where it dropped down to 7. 3hrs 45mins later and im bushed, but what a great night, and not a GT3 in sight!

Must do again! Thanks so much to all of you who came and raced!

• Like Like x 6
  18. CatAstrophe05

I'm almost considering asking the beta havers here if Monza is in-game yet but I'm not sure if that's actually allowed

19. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You mean if monza is in the beta test?
    I am not a beta tester, but i heard that it is in the beta since a couple days i believe, which is good, give the betatesters their time to test all out before releasing stuff full of bugs, which happened a bit too much the last 2 updates

20. CatAstrophe05

On an unrelated note, shame we got the WRONG Monza, I guess we'll have to wait until later for this DPI-slaying beast
    upload_2021-9-30_23-29-4.png

• Funny Funny x 1