1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Something is more performance hungry in the main release of Monza than then beta was! Same settings , same conditions and cars and getting max GPU load now.
    First corner on modern Monza is heavy for some reason.
    And still no rain drops on many open top car helmet visors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 2ndLastJedi

FFB hard right pull driving down the straight in the VW truck!! :( is this bug back??

Edit: i selected custom FFB , drove and went back to default and its clear now.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I can confirm that the FFB suddenly pulling fully right bug has reappeared with this release, but the good news is that it now can be reset by switching to Custom FFB and back to Default, instead of having to re-launch the game.

I would recommend to use Custom FFB for a while until this bug is mitigated in a later release, especially during Multiplayer races when it's not so easy to pause and switch FFB profile.

Interestingly enough, @2ndLastJedi , I also experienced it in a Copa Truck. Hopefully it's vehicle-specific this time?

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I did a couple of laps of each version of Monza, I must say that Reiza has done the circuit justice. I only did test day but did notice on a couple of versions, I don't know which ones now, that they were heavy on fps in general. Was getting around 100fps at around 90-100gpu load. This was at 8am with mid cloud. I get better fps than that with a full grid in a race at all other circuits.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1Aussie

A shame to see the time bug not squashed in a custom championship. The P and Q sessions are still defaulting to the race time and won't let you change it from that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

Thanks for confirming. In the beta i was running the same cars, tracks and settings at 10am rain, clear and overcast and never had any issues, today first time out of the pits i was at 50fps and 100% GPU. Its hot here atm but GPU clocks are still locked at 1900MHz, temps a little higher at 70c from the norm of 64c but clocks havent changed to cause the drops in FPS.
    I have videoed my settings in the beta (to make sure in set the same) i have then set the same in both versions.

7. F1Aussie

Hopefully it is just something simple they can hotfix then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Ref 35

Ref 35 L U H G

Monza '91 is absolutely stunning.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Magus

Magus Member AMS2 Club Member

Has it been acknowledged that the position counter is bust in both the 1971 oval tracks? It's especially annoying when the race director tells you to drop a position because of an infringement but you are magically positioned 1st from 20th and no way of making your original/correct position until you do a fair bit of the circuit again so you end up having to do a drive thru penalty.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

I agreed, especially important in VR. You know what I also wish? I wish they improve the rain particle effects. I never like PCars 2 rain effects...it looks generic. When you're racing behind cars, those particles seem to fly toward you in slo-mo (like foggy). If they can optimize the graphics and improve shadow, it will help increase the fps in VR.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. reptilexcq

reptilexcq Active Member

This will be my favorite track EVER for now!! On any sim racing game.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

It should:

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

I'm also having this issue and performance issues in Monza. Stuttering by the end of a lap on the parabolica. The stuttering is even reproduced on replays, so don't think it's just a normal frame drop.

14. macbtz

macbtz Member

Thank you Reiza for correcting the option for mandatory pitstop in custom championship but I am afraid that it is still useless since now all the IAs stop on the last lap at the same time, that is, they lack any type of strategy and the experience is totally unrealistic. . For me, AI racing is my main option and this game only lacks this option to be the most complete on the market in this category. The improvement in the AI is evident, the weather as well, so it only lacks a relative strategy of stopping in the pits to be the best currently.
    It is my experience considering that I own all current simulators.
    Please Reiza, you are doing very well, don't forget the offline players.

15. 2ndLastJedi

Yeah it's like the rain spray effects are at a lower frame rate. When the road isn't fully wet the rain spray effects are not to bad, I hope that the windscreen rain effects get improved like AC has. They are amazing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I remember at one stage PC had really good windscreen FX, they got downgraded at some stage and that's what AMS2 has inherited. I'd love to see them improved, along with the helmet fx and other anomalies like missing fx or fx inside the cockpit. And of course improving the wet weather framerate would be great.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Reiza isn’t forgetting offline players and probably never will but attention needs to shift away from time to time. This is probably already sitting on a long To-Do list. Even I, as a mainly MP player, have been patiently waiting for MP improvements which we will finally get by end of the year (or start of the next one as I am ready to wait a bit longer).
    So just remain patient and enjoy the game where possible. If you grow impatient or tired, don’t let it wash over you. Enjoy something else and return a bit later to hopefully be positively surprised because Renato constantly works on improving not only AI, but cars’ handling and feel. :)

• Like Like x 4
  18. Surrexen

Surrexen New Member

Is it just me or is the AI around Monza 91 way faster than it should be? It seems to me like the AI around modern Monza and 71 monza is in line with other circuits when using the same skill and aggression settings, but Monza 91 is crazy fast.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. macbtz

macbtz Member

Thank you Shriukan,
    I really enjoy the game and I also trust the constant development of the project. So much so that I continue and will continue to support buying the DLC that comes out with the confidence that it gives me the quality with which they are made. I trust and will patiently follow the evolution of what could be the best offline simulator on the market.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

I can’t wait to get in game and give this a go when I get home on Monday. Reiza really seem to do a great job on the historic layouts and Monza’s 10k will be a big bonus.

I just hope the reported fps impact won’t hit me too hard as I can only play in VR.