1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We had ours yesterday with 20 drivers @ Daytona with the GTE's. I was acting host & could still see the "thumbs up" icon in the driver's list did you notice?...but for me, as host, it was simply the "start" button so I don't know what clients now see but it should be intuitive Like DRIVE or RACE. in the past we have had some players hit the back to lobby button out of confusion:rolleyes:o_O..
    I'm worried about the larger grids with AMS2 we instantly lost 3 clients when going to the grid & 3 more after the first 5 min or so, all reported they were simply dropped..
    14 seems to be the magic number, that's how many of the 20 actually made it to the end without disco's.. Also, It seems to be random as to who gets the axe .. As for server commands /controls, Yes please we need them! I have tried using the API but so far all I can do is "advance" from a practice session to the Q session, & then it seems to ignore any further Advance button calls .. We really need a "restart session" or at least a "next session" where we could go all the way around to P again .. especially if it's going to keep dropping clients .. The driving is amazing & we are loving this sim but these small ltl things like no admin commands seem to keep affecting & haunting our MP experience :eek::rolleyes::D

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It has been said so many times... but here i am again. Thank you Reiza for your beautiful content, and with Monza DLC it gets even better. Thank you for all the cars especially the Formula 1 i do enjoy a lot. Thank you for the wet weather and the driving experience overall.
    But after another OSR race (MP) that went wrong, i wish you guys focus a lot on this aspect of the game. I mean your content is perfect, cars and tracks, physics are very fine for now.
    But leagues need to have a reliable experience of the MP.
    You guys are the best, Keep pushing

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

exactly how i feel, i did not notice the thumbs up, i will retest.

4. Tony Binelli

so i assume you mean each client sets this or can it be controlled via server entries?

5. Just2Laps

Just2Laps Just2Laps - Racing is Fun

Hi everybody !
    Unfortunately I was out for a little hike at the weekend but now back again at the wheel checking out all Monza tracks from the update.
    Reviews will be released soon on my YT channel, have a look at the video forum here to find them.

First look is really great on Monza, nice optics, good track response to FFB from my first impression, looking forward testing everything updated throughout the day.

But also a little bit sad because of the delay of the BMW 2002 Turbo.
    Hope it will be pushed to the sim in another update coming soon...
    Does anybody has a clue when it will arrive ???

Have a great day and enjoy racing Monza !

• Like Like x 1
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Renato said in a complementary update, they are usually in the week of update.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:D

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Tony Binelli

Ok i retested tonight, the thumbs up thing you are talking about is going into the first session, that is not the issue, It is when you go to grid for the race. half the time now everybody has the word finished next to their names instead of a blank space, when they hit drive it should then change to the word ready. Half the race tests we did had "finished" half the races let us "Ready" up. It is the new display screen before going to race that has broken it.

Also have not had that horrible steering wheel slamming to the right for the whole year and now it is back:( driving the trucks at goiania, coming out of pits the steering slammed to the right) it's bloody deadly in a DD wheel!!! Default FFB used

9. SoliderScissors

SoliderScissors New Member

Interesting, you're not the first to report this specifically with the copa truck after the update... It seems that using a custom FFB file for now solves the problem, or changing from default to custom and then back.

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Each client that has those stutters. Some better PCs (or differently configured PCs) may not even notice

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know what the small 50mb update was all about in the last day?

• Like Like x 1
  12. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Probably some small bugfixing that wasn't deemed noteworthy, silent patches happen all the time in games

13. F1Aussie

Yeah, would be nice to know what it is though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

There are some more bumps on Monza 71 10k's oval section. Before this small update, I could go flatout there with a Formula V10_Gen 1 using a setup with extremely low downforce without problems (no driving aids). Now, this car gets thrown out of track by the bumps when using this setup and I have to choose a more decent one.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. F1Aussie

I thought it felt bumpier tonight, luckily not on my shakers but definitely the ffb coming through.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track team is on fire - producing dead-on historical variants out of thin air. :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Xblurone

Xblurone Member AMS2 Club Member

I love the new Moana track and tried racing it, but it seems the car position is all over the place and one can switch sides at the pit-lane area, perhaps that piece of track should be “separated” that then probably also sorts out the blue flag warning I get every time I cross the start finish line on the pit-lane side, when I am not the last one, or even close to being lapped. On another note, if you get trapped in the barrier and the physics go all haywire, there is no way out, restart race, or go back to main menu, the physics will be still berserk when starting a new race. One needs to completely exit the game to mani it playable again.

18. Andrex

Andrex New Member

A.I. is still way to aggressive (Monza), the "aggressive slider" (oppenent skill level) changes nothing, no effect.
    A.I. is still like glue in my back and is trying to overtake in a 10 cm space spot (corners).
    The promesing changes with the new update is disappointing.
    Track: Monza 1991
    Cars: GT1, F1 v10
    A.I.Level 92/70
    drove with wheel

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I agree the AI needs more work.

If you think the AI is harassing you, try dropping the difficulty a bit. Every 5% down will decrease their speed about 0.2 per lap.

Also, on the Aggression level. Monza with the gt3s, full grid. Running 50% Aggression I noticed the AI crashing into each other and spinning for the first 4 laps of the race. Then I tried 90% as someone had suggested the AI would become more aware as you increased %. Total chaos and lots more accidents than 50%. Brought it down to 6% and that made everything much better, or at least calmer. Give it a go.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know why you guys are so crazy about the banked layout. Yesterday I had a race at Monza 10KM. Nearly fell asleep. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1