1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't want to make any pressure and I am happy with all the content (which is much, sometimes too much), but since AMS2 is on steam, there is this car (I think McLaren 1991, Ayrton Senna) to see. When will it arrive in AMS2?
    mclaren.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

The old McLarens have been teased since before the game even came out! (MP4/4 and MP4/6 respectively)
    I find it likely they'll be included in the planned Brazilian pack given they're both Senna machinery, it would only make sense
    Although there are early 80s cars on the horizon too including an MP4/1C so at least we might get our old McLaren fix in time, even if not the ones we expected :p

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not for me, there was not a 100mb mentioned anywhere.

4. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Had a couple of great multiplayer races at Monza GP this week end...great work...need a 10km banked oval server now!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

They should be Braptasic if we get those in AMS 2. The McLarens in Rfactor 2 are really nice to drive.
    Can anyone get good enough to have an out-of-body experience at Monaco though ?
    Timewalkers, 1988: Ayrton Senna goes out-of-body at Monaco
    (He expands on this a little in the "Senna" documentary. He stopped perceiving things from the 1st person and was experiencing the track as one big tunnel... an absolutely crazy level of driving :) ).

6. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Any news on the Formula retro 3rd gen? there were 3D previews in last development update, I thought they were coming with the Monza update.

7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I gathered they are coming perhaps end od October.

8. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

#metoo
    Even open-lobby, jump right in style races, who knew? Nothing but good things to say about recent MP experiences(@Monza especially, no t1 genocide on the modern track even).
    Mind you, I don't host anything, I'm sure I've seen some issues pop-up again here.
    Just, as a casual user looking for some quick simracing-fix, I have very few complaints really.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.2.4.2 is now live - this is the first of two complementary updates planned to be deployed this week, featuring some high priority fixes and improvements to the latest release.

V1.2.4.2 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Updated recent Real Weather data

UI & HUD
    • Fixed tire temperature status widget not updating on some in-game screens
    • Fixed last session status being displayed on pre race leaderboard
    • Fixed championship round editor incorrectly altering session start hours when propagating race date changes
    • Fixed center column of drivetrain tab unelectable on setup editor
    • Fixed practice weather slot4 of in game session settings block referencing qualifying slot4

PHYSICS & AI
    • Minor tire tread adjustment for F-Vintages
    • Minor brake torque adjustment for all GT & Prototypes
    • AI callibration pass for F-V12, F-Vintage G1
    • Adjusted AI brake power & grip
    • Adjusted AI Grip multipliers for Monza 1991 & Modern
    • Adjusted AI to start passing routines sooner
    • Slightly increased parameter to reducing AI propensity to cut corner to avoid a crash

TRACKS
    • Monza 2021 GP: Slight increased width of green runoff at Lesmos 1 and 2
    • Monza 1971: Increased road noise on banked oval first draft; Optimized terrain shadows, new shadow dummy for banked track structures; Increased grid spacing
    • General art updates to all Monza versions

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 32
    • Winner Winner x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From very quick test of AI on Monza it does indeed feel better ! Seems like the blue flag and other position inconsistencies on Monza 10k have also been fixed.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thankyou very much Renato! Hope this bit of feedback is useful!

@ Monza (modern version). A.I. has definately improved! No more A.I. smoking their back tires and spinning (& causing huge crashes) on the Parabolica, reduced incidents overall, but still many crashes at Ascari. A.I. tend to use the kerbs when side by side and crash out (much like the problem with low ground clearence cars on the raised kerbs @ 1990's Silverstone)

Have also found that out of the cars ive tried to have race's with (F1 cars, Prototypes, GTE & GT3) The GT3's are by far the worst for crashing out, I wondered why this was as the GT3's are usually fine at most tracks, then I realised it might be to do with grid size, as i usually only race with max availible opponents and GT3's have the most cars and liverys so including me its pretty much the max availible cars (with GTE's theres only about 25, Prototypes less and so on), so i tried racing GT3's with custom grid of only 22, and found they handled it better. So I could be wrong but it does seem this version of Monza may have a problem with big grids.

Can also confirm (as has Bobbie424242) that on the historic 10k Monza, blue flag and return to position issues do seem to be fixed.

Just some findings, hope they help. Keep up the great work! Thankyou!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tarmac Terrorist

P.S. have also experienced quite big FPS drops at Monza around the Variante Chicane

13. Tarmac Terrorist

Ok headsup! Running a Quali session before the race helps! Not a game changer but it does help things go smoother, even if you dont let the quali run to the end and just skip to end, it helps! Used to have to do this all the time with Rfactor 2, never really have to bother with ACC, and have never had to do it to get a decent race in AMS2, but ive now discovered it does seem to help

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hence having the driver personalities, it's definetly worth to run a qualy session, so the field doesn't get too chaotic.

Btw. this also shows for real humans. There are top-alien eSp0tz reverse grid races, that end in complete mayhem, because everyone wants to get to P1 in the first lap of the race.:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

*cough* *cough* Esports Porsche Cup in iracing :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  16. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Surrexen

Surrexen New Member

Loving the addition of the hot air balloon in the paddock area in 1991 Monza. I noticed the balloon is not present on a test day, but only there in a race weekend! Then I noticed it's basically the same colour scheme as the hot air balloon that was in the same area in an onboard video from Nelson Piquet's car in 91'. Brilliant work Reiza :)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Is this the fix for every driver having a status of Finished and never changing to Ready when on grid waiting for the race to start?

19. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

there's a secondary part to that which should go in a beta build today

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  20. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I should clarify that is a beta build I noted above. Original post editted to reflect that

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1