1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Naturally :p

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gotta say, im v happy, after alot of testing and working a few things out with A.I., qualifying sessions and aggression levels, i am having THE best time! I'd explain more but just got in from running a music event where i've been run off my feet and fights broke out (not betwen musicianns but the absoloutely abhorrent wankers in the audience whom i wish would just fxxk off and leave us alone!). Anyway apart from that it was a great night! During which time i left my pc running to upload this, its a bit rushed (times not on my side), but if you wanna know how to have a fecking great time at MOnza with the A.I., heres how.
    P.S. I know that with Reizas track record (yep, punn intended!) they will sort out any probs v fast! I mean, how much work have they already done! Anyway, im fecking beat up and tiredP.S. sorry about the sound mixing, everthing should be audiable but it aint perfect!
    Thanks Reiza, havnt enjoyed Monza this much since GTR2! And i loved that sim!
    Here you go, Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. baker048

baker048 New Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep it up,its absolutely fantastic and getting better all the time

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Lets face it: you told someone in the audience that AMS2 has a better tyre model than iRacing didn't you?

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, i rather have them take their time to release stuff without a lot of bugs, then rush things to meet their mentioned dates, last 2 or 3 updates however it seems to me there are quite some obvious bugs in the released updates, for example the monza timed lap count, or the historical monza position indicator/counter.

Those kind of things seem to make it to the release a bit more lately then before, i dont know if they changed something in their testing procedures or people doing the testing, but it certainly seems something has changed.

6. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

If you mean Monza 71 10K, this was a side effect of providing to not have an invisible wall in the middle of the straight, where the cones are and led to an issue with the track recognizing the positions correctly. This issue was happening very short term due to the late implementation and wasn't appearing on the "invisible wall version" of the track in testing. Such a thing might slip through.

If so, it's the opposite actually. The pairs of eyes, doing testing on the game have become more. Things can slip through and they aren't always as obvious. But it has certainly not become more with buggy releases, there were way more problematic releases in the past, also leading to the decision by Reiza to make release schedules a bit less optimisic in timespan some months ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  7. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thnx for your answers, this does clear things up a bit more, i appreciate it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

the default pCARS1/2 promise was "SMSoon".
    So i like Reizas "date +/- some days" goal much more :), because SMSoon lasts in some cases about 4 years now :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Tarmac Terrorist

No but close, someone said my guitar playing was as advanced as PC3 and I just lost my sh*t!:D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
  10. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

fair enough. of course we get the stuff eventually. im just no longer sitting there hitting F5 for an update.

11. Tarmac Terrorist

I mentioned in my previous video that there are still little problems like camber not showing up properly in outisde views or replays and tires on F1 cars looking a bit flat when under load.
    Well, just noticed a strange thing whilst trying out the Porsche cup for the first time in a while.
    Now the Porsche has massive amounts of camber to play with, and ive just noticed you can actually see it but only on the back wheels. Set loads of camber and it looks as should, set hardly any and you can see it as it should be, but on the front wheels no matter what you set it to it just remains in the same position (which looks like hardly any). Anyone have any idea why this is? Also noticed if you have a head on crash and the front wheels register as having come off (in the hud and physically), from the outside view they are still there, any reason for that or is it that the visual damage on this car is not totally finished, as i know some cars like the Ginetta G40 are yet to have any visual damage, I realise that its an ongoing process getting all the cars updated, just wondering?

12. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

YEAH:D
    ss143000.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Just for the record, I'm 100% on team "please be as transparent as possible with plans and target dates and I don't mind if you don't meet them, I know software development isn't a garden of roses, but I really appreciate updates/comms on any delays".

I'm also on team "heck yes, more '70s touring car content please, looking forward to the BMW!"

• Like Like x 3
  14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

15. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

Beta ;)

16. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

001 (12).jpg

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.3 is now live - this complementary update introduces the famous BMW 2002 Turbo to the Vintage Touring Car class, along with further developments to Monza and the usual collection of fixes & improvements.

This slightly delayed wrapping of this development cycle means that unfortunately there won´t be an AMS2 Development Update published this month as we press on with work on an upcoming project - that in turn means our November Development Update will pack quite a collection of interesting news before what´s promising to be a very exciting month for Automobilista 2!
    009 (4).jpg

V1.2.4.3 CHANGELOG

CONTENT
    • Added BMW 2002 to Vintage Touring Cars Tier 1 class

GENERAL
    • Split Mini 1965 & Lotus 23 into a separate Vintage Touring Car tier from Corvette C3 and BMW 2002
    • Fixed source of CTD when going into the pits with Copa Truck
    • Updated recent Real Weather data

UI & HUD
    • Fixed issue that resulted in stale status data being displayed on pre-race leaderboard.
    • Fixed camera toggle incorrectly displaying on pre session leaderboard
    • Fixed pre session multiplayer chat issue
    • Pre-session screen now foces camera to player

PHYSICS & AI
    • Minor tire tread adjustments to BMW Procar, Group A, Group C, Vintage Touring Cars, Opala 1979, Opala Old Stock, F-Vee, F-Classic Gen3, P1
    • Slightly reduced slick tires tread adhesion with water
    • Revised crankshaft mass of all cars for more accurate engine speed inertia
    • Revised wheel bearings for street cars
    • Mclaren 720S GT3: Revised aero; minor weight distribution & engine torque curve correction
    • BMW Procar: Moved default brake bias slightly rearwards
    • Adjused LSD differentials fos C3 & C3-R
    • Revised brake torque for F-Trainers, F-Vee, Lotus 23, Mini 1965
    • Adjusted steering lock range for high steering rotation cars (same default setting from before, lower minimal setting)
    • F-Vintage: Adjusted default final drive for Gen 1 model 1
    • Adjusted FFB Max force for Corvette C3, BMW 2002, Mini 1965
    • Revised Lotus 23 chassis inertia values
    • Group A: AI callibration pass
    • Further decreased AI Strength in the 70-100% range
    • Monza 1991: Adjusted AI performance

AUDIO
    • Fix redundancy causing double entries for water splash sound

TRACKS
    • Monza 2020: Performance optimization & LOD pass; Added drain material to curbs for Livetrack functionality: Increase track limits at t3 runoff of Monza Junior layout
    • Monza 1991: Performance optimization pass, LOD pass, Minor fixes; Updated trackside cameras
    • Monza 1971: Move 10k rolling start location to mid point oval back straight; Fixed S/F Score Tower Z-fighting
    • Curitiba & Londrina: Rebuilt concrete walls to sort strange collisions
    002 (5).jpg

• Like Like x 29
    • Winner Winner x 15
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Good shout splitting the 70s cars from the 60s, now things make a little more sense :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ariel Montero

Ariel Montero New Member

Necesitamos mejorar el online urgente !!!!!!!
    Agradezco su trabajo y adoro este simulador!!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Tarmac Terrorist

Oh, excited to try this out, here we go! Thankyou!

20. Roland Van de Walle

Roland Van de Walle Member