1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Beta does have it. You have to deactivate qualy session, to see it active in the opponents settings.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You probably disabled qualifying the first time ;)
    Also works in Beta

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yep,me big Dummy,Crimson told me that.Never changed the settings always Qualifying and Race then...:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't told you that you're a dummy :p ....oh wait, you mean the qualy deactivation :whistle:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa...a.s.o

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• AI adjustments: passing routines start slightly sooner, slightly reduced passing boost & increased drop when conceding
    I find this line intriguing. Every time me or anyone else brings up the concept of "rage turbo" we get told that there's no code to artificially boost AI speed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

maybe it was hidden somewhere in the SMS code and now they found it ;)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this is just the name of the parameter for the AI to overtake. Say the AI maximizes slipstream. I've never experienced the AI having more speed - boost- than me when trying an overtake. On the contrary, they tend to pass you around the corner or dive bomb into you at high speed corners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

That increased drop while conceding might be responsible for something I saw today which was really cool. An ai was trying to pass on the outside so I drifted slightly wider and forced it onto the kerb where instead of racing alongside on the kerb/grass at full power, it actually eased off the power and slotted back in behind. Im finding the ai much improved and very immersive to race against now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see it very often... AI seems to find inexplicable speed only when it's close to the player, to the point that it will reach in a few corners the next pack of AIs ahead...

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Personally, I've had numerous occasions in the past where I could see the AI behind me making impossible lunges on straights with me at full throttle, or making up impossible ground over a few hundred meters. These incidents have largely disappeared which is great, but I wonder if they were related to some glitch in the overtake boost, whatever it was. The latest developments have made AI a pleasure to drive against on tracks like Oulton, where they used to try and pass on chicanes and ended up eating bollard (taking me out in the process) because they never conceded.

Overall I'm delighted with the progress being made on the general racecraft of the AI.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The BMW 2002 is such a great car to race. I keep finding myself bothered by the dash instruments being off center to the right. Steering wheel is centered though. Looking at on-line images this appears correct. I still wonder why the instruments are not centered but I'll get used to it. I give a lot of credit to modeling with this level of attention to detail. Well done!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh my word this is so bloody fantastic! I've spent the entire evening in this sim and I have had THE best time! Lovin it!

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

Is it possible to one day have a livery creation tool ingame similar to this one in Forza horizon 5?

It would make the game even better with the possibility to create the skins ingame and sharing to other players in the game too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'd be content to just be able to add skins rather than replace existing.
    It's something that the ancient but beloved Live For Speed does very well.
    You can also choose to seamlessly download MP opponent's skins when you join a race with them.
    Not bad for 2005!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Unless you give Renato a team the size of the Turn 10 team, I'm not seeing this happening...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Member

Thanks so much voor the 2002 Turbo. It's a gem to drive. Real BMW feel to it. Well done!

And yes the M1 looks ands sounds better, is way faster, but this little b*stard is something else. ;-)

Cheers
    Robin

18. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

its not as easy to just add a downloader.
    The whole livery system of the SMS engine does not have the concept for exchanging liveries.
    The new "livery override" system introduced by Reiza was a really great hack done by Reiza, which was not possible in pCARS1/2/3. But not working on the fly, you'll have to restart AMS2 after changing something. For a system you/we wish, they'll have to rework a big part of the basic engine.
    Maybe something for the future, but far away i presume.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A livery system was implimented into Project Cars 3 by SMS, but idk if it works online in PC3 MP, nor if it could be implimented in AMS2 since AMS2 is a different fork of Madness Engine.

20. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

I would not bet on it that sms did it. when it comes to pc3 its even more possible that its codemasters stuff, well, to be correct these days ea stuff. o_O

My 2 cents about a livery system… well, open First up full pencilcase of option for artist like different Type of painting like mate, chrome and the option to color rims.
    We ask for this for a very Long time now. And yes, i Know and are with you that its not priority high on the List. Still, lets reach this before Talk about a full skinning System with logo selection and Placement. Step by step.:)

• Agree Agree x 1