1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

I understand that it is a much smaller team, but in a long term I really think that it is possible to do it, forza 2 already had it, The modding community have amazing programmers that would be abble to do that for Reiza for some price, I would happily pay for it if necessary.

2. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the money can be better spend elsewhere. Livery editor is cool.. but it's the racing that counts. Unless you're sort of content creator or so. Or nipping beer while watching your replays. Or playing in a league.. Hmmmmmmm

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The passing boost is basically an AI parametre set, that you can imagine like if you "brake later and step on throttle sooner" for a bit, to gain an advantage while overtaking/defending. It's not any artificial speed boost for AI. It's something, we would also try to do as a human racer.

It can make AI actually crash and do stupid stuff, was already implemented in a subtle way, but has adjusted to even more subtle magnitude.

It's not a "rage mode". Experiences regarding the "rage mode" are more down to track calibration, car class calibration, coincidence and slipstream.

It's basically a behavioral change by AI.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  5. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

True, but it would be kind of nice for leagues or competitive stuff to have a unique livery for your car. It doesn't have to be to the extent of something like "Trading Paints" or livery mods, but just a few patterns and pick your own colors (think iRacing's livery editing). ACC has a very limited "in-game" editor, but at least getting your own colors gives you a sense of individuality.

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

the current system works good for leagues.
    you need one common library folder and a corresponding XML for the members.
    A bit effort, but working.
    And yes, most of us know how it works in other games ;)

7. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think this may need to be resolved by a third party tool to download and add custom skins. I know that some sim racing leagues have that kind of tool to sync liveries (also, cars, tracks and mods) in AC and what it does it checks which skins you have and copies to the right folder the ones you don't. Few clicks and the skins are synced. Nice and simple, although requires all league drivers to actually use it, but if they don't those are the only people who cannot see custom stuff.

Yes, it would be good to have such solution built in, but it's possible for community to step up and fill the gap until a proper solution is in place.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

Guys, let's do more work on the signs, panels and posters of advertisers and track rights holders, just putting Fanatec, Xtreme, Pirelli and Reiza in everything breaks the whole immersion...Monza for example has blank billboards in place of "Fontana Gruppo"; "Regione Lombardia"; "Marelli"...

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

'Marius. You're so handsome!'
    'I love you, Marius!!!!!''
    'Marius.You're the greatest racer ever!'
    'Marius Marius Marius.'
    'Marius. This is your moment!'
    'Burnout. Handbrake. Slalom. 180°. 360°'
    '
    If in a doubt... Flatout!'
    'If you can't beat the Crim.. Be the Crim.''

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Wolfgang Herold

your'e wrong.
    AC's livery structure is folder based. It takes what it can find in the subfolders.
    iRacing is filebased, with the users unique ID in the filename. Simple for tradingpaints system.
    AMS2 is kind of database based (custm overwritten by the xml ). This xml and the preview files are only read and initialised on restart of the game. So, downloading something and changing the structure would not help.
    Sorry pal. Its not so easy.

12. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

By "easy" I meant easy for end users. While I agree your points are valid, it doesn't mean it's impossible. Yes, data is scattered into many different places, which would disqualify it as a folder based solution, just make it a little trickier.
    If people can install skins manually, surely there's a way to automate that.

Also bear in mind that downloading skins in AC loads them real time only in CM. Native launcher wouldn't.
    Finally, what's wrong with syncing skins before the game is opened, especially given it's an enhancement, not a necessity?

There are clever folk out there, all we need to do is to seed some ideas for those willing to solve it and guide in the process rather than shooting them before they're even started. If we weren't pushing as humanity before we would keep using pooh sticks in the river for racing, not digital games on screens ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Could be worse, have you seen the signage in rF2?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. ChriZZ

ChriZZ New Member

I checked the last update and wooo, the BMW 2002 is fantastic. test on Adelaide and the FF is awsome better now too. I drive only rFactor 2 and now AMS2 also, the VR experiance in AMS2 is very very great.
    Thanks a lot for this

• Like Like x 3
  15. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

If I remember well,
    1) enter in livery select screen
    2) select
    3) enter 3d preview
    4) mod the 3ds (photoshop, paintnet,gimp) when Am2 still on the 3d preview mode
    5) Go again from 1 to 3, and you can update whitout reset
    I think Ams2 is loading livery before session start.

P.s.
    The live for speed system is the best , auto download the skins on server connection

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wolfgang Herold

Sure. The problem is, it loads the xml only on startup. You can't change this on the fly.
    You can change a livery on the fly, it works if you previously selcted another car, because the livery itself ist just temporary. As the liveries in AMS2 are not directly name dependent, as the right name/place is defined just in the internal database or in the xml, you could push some livery on the fly, but you don't know which livery you get, as long the host does not tell you what number you'll have to select. Thats why it makes no sense.
    Internally its the same one SMS system since pCARS1.
    I create and mod it for leagues since 2 months after PC1 release. Well knowing it, i was able to release the first AMS2 livery pack 14 months ago as a mod pack, long before Reiza introduced the livery overrride.
    You should realise, that nobody was able to create an automated system in the last 6 years for PC1/2/3 because they use this wierd livery package originated from Need for Speed Shift.
    So my point is, as long as Reiza doesn't a rework of the livery system from ground, we will not get such useful automation like in AC or iRacing or RF2.
    BTW. While development of PC2 SMS spoilered the possibility to do a steam workshop functionality for liveries, but they failed miserably, like with other promises.

I have great faith in Reiza can nail it, but unfortunately i don't see it in the next 12 month :(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

Yes, the Monza version of RF2 has more diversity at least in fonts and colors and filled in some empty spaces, not leaving it so empty, especially in the "Rettifilo Tribune" which is lifeless in the AMS2 version...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Generally the signage is very repetitive I official rf2 tracks and not much variety at all. This is something used to notice when driving, I haven't had the same thoughts in AMS2, it has not caught my eye in that respect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But not all of us

20. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Should the Porsche Cup (especially the 4.0) be this understeering? I understand the drivetrain layout of the car makes it very rear heavy, but even with a full tank and @steelreserv's setup the car still plows under throttle like I'm not even steering. For example the 200R curve on Kansai does not work full throttle, although I guess it should in a car like that?

I hadn't driven it in quite some time before yesterday, so no idea if something has changed recently.