1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.2.4.1 & Monza DLC RELEASED - Now updated to V1.2.5.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Oct 2, 2021.

1. SoliderScissors

SoliderScissors New Member

Indeed, a steam maintenance would disconnect everyone, but it was, unfortunately, not the case. We had just a percentage of the players disconnected, and the Steam client never lost connection.

2. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations! Good to hear. Was it public open lobby or psw protected? What cars were used? GT3?

3. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

DTM 92 Merc at Hockenheim modern in VR via oculus.
    When you are near other cars, the players engine sound gets quieter and the AI engine sounds get louder and drown out your engine volume.
    It’s particularly noticeable when accelerating out of the hair pin and other slow corners. I can no longer hear when I need to change gear and instead have to watch my revs instead of watching where I’m going.
    It’s not so bad, but still noticeable when when you are in high gears going down long straights side by side with AI, but it’s very apparent in braking zones and initial traction zones.
    I haven’t tried out the bmw to see if it’s affected and I didn’t try the Merc on other tracks. But it’s a similar volume issue to when the procar first released.

4. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Open lobby with gt1 cars, yesterday 28 people in a formula v12 race, shriukan was there as well, it absolutely dont have to be gt cars all the time.

I did a stream with no gt cars the other night and on some lesser used tracks, and still had 25 or more people in.

People bring people, thats for sure though

• Like Like x 3
  5. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I read somewhere that they bumped up the settings in AMS2. So high runs more like ultra and medium runs like high.
    I had to drop a handful of my graphic settings from high to medium like environment details and a couple of others that from memory I can’t remember. For night racing I had to drop SS from 1.2 to 1.0.
    If you have a 30 series card and run in pancake mode I’ve seen you tubers with higher end 30 cards have everything in the new ultra settings, getting 200 FPS and commenting on how amazing the game looks in different weather and time conditions. I think this is contributing to the increase in new players, which is what we all want!
    For those of us on a 20 series card in VR you have to drop settings, but medium is the new high and I honestly can’t tell the difference.
    It makes sense to do because AMS2 is a long term project and they are future proofing those amazing graphics and improving them.
    Long story short drop a bunch of your graphic settings down one notch, performance will return to normal and you won’t notice a difference.
    It may seem annoying now, but I don’t plan to upgrade until the 40 series cards and once we have them we will be super pleased with what Reiza did!
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Since when are there flag marshalls in AMS, or will it be a coming feature :)?
    Found a marshall at Nurburgring waving a green flag
    ss135544.jpg ss135611.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would hope they only appear after a robust optimisation pass. Think of how horrible the performance is with AI pit crews, now multiply that with 10x for Nordschleife track marshalls.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes correct. A few updates ago Reiza made a settings shift so the same quality is now one step lower than it used to be. If having performance issues it was recommended to lower the settings one step and with that the same quality as before would have been achieved with a slight improvement in hardware usage. Remaining in the original setting level one could have had before, would result in an actual improvement in graphics quality.

9. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

… to be precise about the „Reiza tuned settings up, use now one step lower to get what you got previously….“

it was about shadow settings, not all settings ;)

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

May I kindly ask what is the name of your server so that I can eventually try to join and experience this bliss? Is the server on each day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I was an Open lobby, NO dedicated server involved
    And yes you can create open lobbies everyday

12. uelas77

uelas77 Member

Yes, so far so good, never had anymore the issue, before and after the hotfix.

Cheers

13. Jebalkin

Jebalkin New Member

If you are being serious, I would recommend to use info on Automobilista 2 - Steam Charts and align your "high population lobby hunt" time window with population chart peak.

14. Roy Niessink

Well, i am indeed running a dedicated server

15. Roy Niessink

The server is a dedicated server, which is always on, but actually only when im streaming people join in on it, the name is the same as my twitch: Roy_33NL

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Like someone said earlier, people bring people. Once a lobby with great struggle gets 5 or so drivers, the rest come up much much faster.

I'm one of those who open the server list, see there is not enough people on any server then leave. Which means I'm part of the issue. However, if I see a server with 3 or 4 people in, I join it as long as it is not GT3/GTE.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If Reiza gets to add a scheduled races menu in-game, with races 30 mins long with dynamic weather, I think the popularity of the sim would grow considerably, as long as the many many issues are fixed by then.

AMS2 really has a nice opportunity window to snipe 'rain races' from iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Roy Niessink

yeah thats very true, and another problem is people leaving a lobby after an incident, even when damage is of and it is a short race, like 5 laps, then the server runs empty and it all starts over again, people dont join empty servers.

if people would just stick it out for the remainder of the race, have some fun doing laps, and use them as practice, they help theirselves and the lobby.

I have the luck to have some regular viewers joining pretty much instantly, which brings more people, lately i try to avoid the gt3/gte cars a bit, since this sim has so much fun and good things to offer, yesterday we did a rental kart race at interlagos kart, which was a blast, dont get me wrong, i do like the gt3/gte and will not always avoid them lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roy Niessink

Yes totally agree with you on that, especially with the content to come, they have all it takes to get a lot more people in, i dont think a lot of people will make the transfer from iracing to ams2 fully though, since a lot of people have invested a lot of money in that.

20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There was earlier reference from Reiza to some form of competition servers coming at some point. The first step though is deploying the ranking system that should first support it and it was promised for the coming Nov-Dec updates. Once that is up and running and working well I am sure the quality of drivers (also in terms of sticking to the race) will naturally improve.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1