1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

OMG Nissan GT1

also, and I quote
    if only it would be possible to manually edit the DEFAULT ffb in txt, ini or json file that would solve 99% of the problems AMS2 ffb still cause on Simucube wheels. please Reiza, do the magic and give us that possibility; I don't want to be forced to constantly look for new custom ffb files, I just need a way to properly edit the ffb values in a comprehensible way, less criptic than the standard custom file we find in the Doc folder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ai modding and the Cart is very interesting. But I find that there is still a lot missing to attract more players to your sim sorry. I didnt understand the history of the accelerados demo. Its an independent game? Thx

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good thing is that Reiza will continue to improve AMS2 in the coming years. Your comment however suggests that the development is over with the coming build. We all probably know that there are still many parts to improve but I'm once again convinced that Reiza is doing the right things.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Acelerados is a tv show not unlike the old top gear. they partnered with VW and Reiza to make a free game with the VW's, offering a Time Trial and races on Velo Citta with the 2 cars. This will serve for an Acelerados organised e-Sport competition in Brasil as well as a globally accessible free AMS2 Demo.

Also what do you feel is still missing?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

I understood that they wanted to attract more players with the Accelerados association. To attract more players you have to put yourself in the shoes of a player who doesn have Ams2. I don't think what they just cited as an update is going to attract a lot more players despite the fact that I love CART

6. Shriukan

Then what is?

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So what exactly is transmission elasticity and the sticky diff problem?

8. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

First it only applies to cars with a clutch LSD, or ones based on it with fixed setup values hidden from the setup UI.

Sticky diff and where it occurs is best explained as follows: you lift and turn in, then after a while a snap occurs and the car turns in more in a blink. That is the clutch LSD unlocking abruptly. Before that happens it can feel like the car is understeering. Often you have to be in the lower gears for it to unlock in the first place.

Without sticky diff, the clutch LSD may unlock gradually, possibly earlier, and in sync with your inputs. Although in some cases your car is still understeery. The diff responds to external forces, not to engine torque alone. The whole car has to provide rotation, not the diff itself. But often it is the diff resisting rotation considering how much the abrupt unlocking event increases rotation. Otherwise there would be no use for coast locking in the first place :).

At least that's the way I understand it. I guess we will see when we get our hands on the new unsticky diff. I'm very excited to try it!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 4
  9. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

People would get a free demo of what's possible in AMS2. Demo based on popular show, similar to Top Gear to get more attention. Imagine a "star in a reasonably priced car" played by the global community with potential to upgrade to full, paid AMS2 - it's a win-win for everyone, especially those who could try AMS2 but didn't want to spend a penny. Likely a lot of people will convert to full AMS2. Guaranteed :)

Sure, adding tons of licenced content similar to Forza or Gran Turismo would bring more people, but let's not forget that Reiza is already punching above their weight so we have to be realistic in our expectations.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Just realised the Aston is the 2013 V12 GT3 model (ie Project Cars one) and not the 'new' V8 one (from 2018). At the risk of looking the gift horse in the mouth, that is a slight disappointment personally.

That's still overshadowed by the huge possibilities that having a relationship with Aston Martin could bring (AMR1...?), and I'm still happy to see the GT3 class expand.

11. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

It lacks tracks and legendary cars (Porsche 919, Le Mans for example) Immersion with a career mode, challenges, Achievements, and an attractive multiplayer

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  12. Shriukan

Le Mans is possibly never coming due to the cost of the license. People need to accept this. This isn't a studio with the backing of Bandai Namco or a certain motorsport media focused company.

Everybody has a different idea of what legendary cars are. Porsche 919 is an amazing LMP but it hasn't reached legendary status in my books (compared to say a Bentley Speed 8). Even so, I understand what you mean and the answer is once again money. Licensing cars is not cheap. And even if Reiza had enough money (right now) to license cars, they certainly seem booked to the brim in what looks like dev cycles that won't slow down. Them wanting to hire an asset artist at least means there is enough income to grow the team and accelerate the process.

As for attractive multiplayer, I guess we will know more in 2 weeks time.
    The career mode has been slated for end of next year as well.
    No idea if we'll see challenges/achievements like we saw in pC2 but those would be nice additions.

Patience and understanding is necessary with a small team such as Reiza, but as you can see, things happen sooner or later. And the Demo will bring people, the MPRS will bring people (it won't solve things, I know), the physics changes will bring new people. There is so much potential and I am pretty sure a lot of people are waiting for the youtubers to give their green light to go for the buy button (even if I don't enjoy this part but it is what it is).

But I am sure of one thing. A noticeable population increase is incoming.
    (*knock on wood*)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  13. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes yes!

Finally, Aston Vantage V12 GT3, AMG GT4, R390 GT1 and a champ car!

One request on the Aston Martin GT3, please reuse the sounds from Pcars for this car. Seen this car in real life and the Pcars sound was spot on. Sound isnt pcars strength at all but that is that handful of cars that was spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  14. F1Aussie

Can't they just do a "fake" lemans like they did with Suzuka and Monaco?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. F1Aussie

Thanks for that informative post, I now understand what you mean, I assume this is what people were complaining about when they were talking about the car pivoting.
    Do you know what transmission elasticity is?

16. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Dev note from Renato was a pleasure to read. The wait until Nov 19th for Part 2 is going to feel like a really long pitstop.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Empty Box

Empty Box Active Member AMS2 Club Member

They never said one way or another afaik. I wouldn't think they were just referencing Salvador given the context of the tweets, but only they know.

18. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

I think there are things to do without having a big budget. The Steam workshop with its mods is an alternative to licenses. Achievements are very easy to configure for all Steam games. The challenges were in the base of pcars2 which they can take again like the career mode. On the other hand the multi scares me I hope Im wrong but in view of the screenshot it will look like pcars2 and its multi isnt particularly good ...

19. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Interested in the physics updates...The physics are mainly what had me uninstalling the game some time ago, among a few bugs, some long standing. A surprise to read as it was once said* (Correction: Suggested) the physics were done and dusted.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Honestly I would pick the old one for the V12 over the newer turbocharged V8 for the sound. After all GT3s are BOP'd anyway (both IRL and in sims) so a slightly older or newer model won't change much.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1