1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

upload_2021-11-7_14-40-48.gif

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As a local, and someone who has tickets for the 2022 Formula E Vancouver race... I'd love this, but at the same time I also think both tracks were semi-trash. I was actually driving them via emulation last night (the original layout via CART World Series on PS1, and the later layout via CART Flag to Flag on Dreamcast)... cool to revisit, but both weren't very good tracks. Not a fan of Toronto either, but it at least has established history which continues to this very day (excluding the skipped years due to COVID restrictions).

I think Cleveland and Belle Isle... and then either Indy (likely road course only to start, as per trend with Daytona), Mid-Ohio or Road America. Though a surprise like Surfers Paradise or the 90's Long Beach layout wouldn't be disappointing either.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I like both of these... but unfortunately they wouldn't fit the "90's CART" bill. Watkins hosted in late 70's early 80's and then again a few times in the 00's.... but never in the 90's during ChampCar/CART era. Sebring has never hosted a CART/IndyCar race, only Indycar off-season testing.

4. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

The 2013 v12 is the best ever sound in a gt3 car.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Would love to be able to rectify that "crime" by mixing and matching them in a sim :)

Also, the car series and track selections have never been slavishly tied together...usually just good and somewhat relevant choices that also work well with other content already existing in the game. For instance, some people may want the USA pack (whichever one) for the cars, so they drive those cars on the other tracks in the game; some may want the tracks so they can drive the series they already enjoy most on those new tracks...and Reiza marketing hopes for this and people who want both at the same time so EVERYONE will but it/them for one reason or another ;)

6. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

Can we assume a number of the more important cars from PCars 2 will eventually make there way to AMS2?

A model like the Jaguar XJR-9 would not only expand the Group C grid. The IMSA GTP model would be such a good fit for the Racin’ USA theme. Great too to have models like the Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth which are excellent for single-make racing and livery creators.

Could I also suggest the team at Reiza look to get in contact with Marshall Pruett to promote the Racin’ USA content? He’s Racer.com’s Indycar & sportscar corespondent. An old school sim racer and enthusiast of ‘80’s & ‘90’s era motorsport.

I expect he’d be interested in hearing about the upcoming content and could feature it in Racer.com. He also writes for Road & Track. He has great social media reach to exactly the audience who would be interested in this sort of content.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  7. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wheres he getting that IMSA GTP are likely?

8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Dreaming is for free, isn't it?

9. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I expect every track from Cart/IndyCar, so there can't be any surprise for me.
    Even this one:

Or this one:

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Dolph

It doesnt sound like wishful thinking though.

11. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I certainly don't think you can assume anything, especially about manufacturers that don't have a single car in game (and probably not even for ones that are).

12. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I think SMS spent too much on licensing and ended up being forced into the situation that ultimately sunk the ship.

PC2 still has a healthy community but AMS2 already has all of the most popular tracks. If you look at the most popular combos, only the 488 GT3 is missing (assuming Racing USA Pt.2 & 3 bring us an American stock car and the Indy and Daytona ovals).

AMS2 will probably be closer to RF2 and Raceroom numbers by the end of the year. If the PC2 crowd starts to migrate, all 4 titles could have fairly equal numbers. Which will only fuel the fire for more content .

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not from the external view its not, sounds horrendous, from on-board it is indeed sweet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

What I heard: Tyrrel P34 =P

Jokes aside, this update looks awesome, I genuinely can't wait. Great work as always Reiza, the sim just gets better and better with every drop!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We already have 2 group C cars, so give us a Jag and a Nissan and we'll be close enough.

16. Dolph

Nissan GTP could be on the cars since R390 GT1 is coming and a relationship with Nissan has obviously been established.

17. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

As in PLURAL, i.e, more than one.

The wait has been worth every minute!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nissan doesn't have cool cars. Its more of the same we already have the current roster. Would love some fun Nissans cars like the BladeGlider and the DeltaWing. Maybe some fun roadcars with racing spec or so.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I know there will be a street track, but Renato don't forget that CART if INDY500 can't exist rssss!!!!

20. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The Datsun/Nissan Fairlady-Z, Skyline and GT-R series over all the 5 decades were always quite cool cars.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1