1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Datsun Rallye, yeah <3

2. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hehe, drift car go BRRR :whistle:
    180sx.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd want multiple GTP era cars. Jag would be nice, Corvette GTP would be chef's kiss. Hell I'd even take Reiza creating some generic fantasy ones to fill the grid up.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Now THIS is an update announcement! Hyped for the modding dedication, and especially hyped for 1990s CART!!
    I remember driving Belle Isle in Papyrus’ Indycar Racing 2, 30(!) years ago now on my Atari ST, lol.
    I hope that track could be made, as well as a totally under appreciated track from the early 90s, Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland. Hearing a lot about Cleveland in this thread, and I assumed they meant Mid-Ohio. But it would be amazing to have the airport track in the sim!
    I remember some epic battles between Nigel Mansell, Emerson Fittipaldi, Paul Tracy and Al Unser. jr from back then!
    That would be a pretty easy track to make(on paper) I guess, with being based on a flat airport lol. :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. JAGLeMans

JAGLeMans Member

With the XJR-9/12 and an IMSA spec 962 (or just liveries)) Reiza already have access to much of the IMSA grid. Just let the community create the liveries.
    Aside from a Group C or IMSA spec Nissan. Reiza should make it a priority to introduce the Group A R32 GT-R. Alongside the Sierra RS500 and existing DTM cars. The community could put together grids for all the major late ‘80’s, early ‘90’s, touring car series. BTCC, ATCC, JTCC, DTM, Macau etc. Great for multiplayer competition too.

As far as all new models go. I’ve always thought ‘90’s 3.5 Group C cars would be such a good fit for AMS2. Reiza do such a good job with their classic F1 cars. Models like the Jaguar XJR-14, Peugeot 905, Toyota TS010, Nissan P35, Mercedes C291, Lola T-92.

Like Champ Car, this is a class of car no other sim, is officially supporting. So would add great appeal in a sea of GT3’s and so on.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

Totally agree with both the nissan and the sierra cars :) Would love to see that !

7. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

If this v12 doesn't sound fking amazing, I don't know what does. Hahah

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like a "Boeing 747 without exhausts"...:p

Funny how they scared when the engine started lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like my car when the exhaust broke off. I didn't knew for a couple of days until I found out it broke off and was hanging there, lol. Was already wondering why my car sounded so different . :D

10. Alwin Papegaaij

Alwin Papegaaij Active Member

Question: Does anyone have any idea whether we would be able to alter the qualifying performance vs race performance? That would be very welcome in my view

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

I hope we get Road America, Watkins and Portland within the Racing USA pack. But let's wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Ok, here I was trying to recall a post from memory at 2 or 3am. I should have used the word 'Suggested' instead of 'Said'. In which case my point stands, regards major physics updates at least.
    It was suggested they weren't coming, now they are. That's good.

See above reply to Ettore. And the post below by Renato himself to which I'm referring.

That suggested that the physics wouldn't change in a major enough way that would alter the view of those who don't get on with them, or think they need some work.

The very fact that major (IMO) physics changes are now coming, just rubber stamps the point that I'm surprised to read such, as again and now corrected*: - "It was once suggested* that the major* physics were done and dusted."

The way I saw it:
    The physics won't change in a major way, in that case you can play something else if you don't enjoy.
    The physics are now going to receive (IMO and I'm sure others) a major update.
    This is good news, I for one am interested to see the changes.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

that was 5 months ago, and there were many minor physics updates.
    For someone who left AMS2 5M ago and came back now, the sum of many minors could be major :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think in fairness to Renato there was maybe an amount of frustration that crept into that post. If I remember correctly it was coming off the back of a major whining session by some of us. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But also don't forget... "CART" (and Champ Car World Series) didn't get to race the Indy 500 from 1996 until the reunification in 2008...
    (also Ovals are expected for Part 3... so maybe then).

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Not a lot of trees to model either ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What he said is that if people dislike certain specific traits of the sim as it is, they are unlikely to enjoy it in the future. The reference was to certain discussions over what FFB should feel like and how other sims are giving a different taste in tire behavior, vertical motion and general car physics taste.
    At no point it is written that physics is done and dusted. The opposite concept was instead also explained further in a recent social media interactions including an interview.
    You decided to read that statement as physics is all perfect and won't see changes, but that is you.
    For sure if you are looking for a sim with no slip angle available (iracing) or simplified to no vertical motion accounted for, or tires that act like rocks to replicate what some others sim do, AMS2 will never be that sim. And I think it is a pretty honest and transparent statement and we should take it at face value without building additional castles on its implications over physics future improvements

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  18. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

The Polo TSI will be a good showcase of the capabilities of AMS2. Millions of those are on the roads worlswide, it's far from an exotic car and will, without doubt, serve as a reference for how close AMS2 can replicate that car. I just ordered one for myself in Q1/2022: 1.0 TSI, 110hp, 7 speed DSG.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

So what do we think the tracks in Racin USA Pt2 are going to be?

1) Cleveland (obviously)
    2) Road America (what else!?)
    3) Mid-Ohio, Portland or Indianapolis (the last one I really think will be 6th premium track)

20. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

My guess (pure guess as I have absolutely no idea lol)

cleveland
    Watkins Glen
    Road America

my wish would be

Road Atlanta
    COTA
    Road America