1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wouldnt you like to know what its like to drive the deltawing instead of another regular car?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

A lot of people want to customise helmets, career modes and just throwing out every car they like, which isnt a problem, but for me,, I don’t want AMS2 to be a PC2 clone. Really hoping for a competition system like RF2 and Reiza to just focus on perfecting whatever cars are planned :/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'd argue that, in terms of driving, the amount of aero does make a massive difference - the car is going to feel slower and more nervous. Also, the current Indycars are actually somewhat smaller than current F1 cars, which are around 5,70 m currently (but will get smaller because of the incoming rule changes), whereas the Indycar is at 5,10 m.

Also, I'm not sure whether "a whole lot less aero and power" aren't as big of a factor in differentiating two cars as "more power and weight".

Being a spec series (to a certain degree), the IndyCar is less uncompromisingly performance-oriented than an F1 car, and it uses ground effect, which the F1 does not allow. So there are definitely large gaps in philosophy, even though that aspect might have decreased since the 90's.

Despite that, I was talking more about the driving experience, which is definitely very different from Indycar to F1 nowadays.

4. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Maybe they just meant 'in real life' like as in real CART chassis from the CART seasons of CART racing during the CART years these new pics show off....I'm hoping they did :eek:

5. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think the reason for the long wait until Part 2 of the November Development Update is that we didn't praise Renato's driving enough. :p

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. Michael Zeile

Michael Zeile New Member AMS2 Club Member

The excitement here regarding those CARTs would even justify an interim status update :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My guess is if we do, it will be part of the USA Part 3 patches (which is said to be focused on oval racing).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Frankly, no, not really. There's enough cars that I'll never get to drive in real life, that I'm more excited by the enhanced immersion in those classes that I want to drive which I get from more varied grids.

But what I've realised gradually in sims/games is that what immerses different people can be completely different. One that gets me is when a car was/is very rare but in a sim you race one against 20 similar examples (eg a field of 20 Mercedes C9s). But that's just me, I know everyone is different and I'm not saying you should want the same thing as me.

That's why it's difficult to be the game company; got to make those choices. One thing Reiza have me hooked on is period tracks for the 70s content and the ~2000 GT1s - I'd happily just see more depth in what I like about the game than it try to add a hundred things.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd be really interested in the single player stats for PC2. That usage must be very different from the time trial and online stats. I wonder which car/track combos are most popular with long-term players? Also, I wonder how it varies by region?

That would be nice to have when working out licensing goals, feature implementation, etc. Is GT3 still king with AI racers? Is practice where people spend their time?

For myself, I stick to practice, random cars and tracks but 90% of the time it's something with an h-pattern.

My guess is that Ford will be next to arrive with the final US DLC (GTE, Gr.A, GT4, vintage). The people at Reiza have good taste and are true motorsport fans. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Cortina in AMS2 at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dolph

I really would have expected smth Nascar in the 3rd DLC with ovals

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

10 minute practice and qualifier with 20 lap race always different track and cars. Rarely GT3 but i will say i tried them the other night and ill definitely do them again. But im like you i prefer manuals along with stuff that isnt in every sim.

12. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

The CART Extreme mod is one reason I still go back to AMS1.....Portland, Detroit and a long and short oval would be nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni is there any plans to make improvements to controller support so that controller users can get raw input and fine tune controller settings from there like we could do in AMS1? Right now with Xbox 360 controller even with deadzones & controller damping at 0 it still feels like there's hidden aids/filters that interfere with my inputs and try to correct my steering as well as cause a bit of input lag.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just came here to say

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow , After going threw all 13 pages (so far) very exciting news! The mention of e-sports with the new VW content has me wondering about MP ..As a server admin this is where I am most hopeful that we get some much needed improvements as far as admin & being able to control the session a little better , even using the API its not quite up to snuff for something like e~sports IMO. so that said is there anywhere posted where I can read about any potential MP improvement's? other then the ranking ectt.. :whistle:
    Thx Reiza for your continued passion for this amazing sim~!~!:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah i would be very good to have some more options/improvements to the dedi server part indeed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Dolph

Is it November 19th yet?

18. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

a little bit of Reiza's HQ.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My take on the dedi features (with the "esports" perspective):
    • Mandatory:
      • session restart;
      • live starting grid customization;
      • live penalty system (by that I mean race director issuing penalties during the race);
    • Strongly desirable:
      • player reconnection;
      • start from the pits (ie: player got disconnected right before the race start, but still able to reconnect and start from the pits anytime);
      • race director ability to issue SC/FCY;
    • Desirable but not something to sweat too much over:
      • automatic livery distribution;
      • random number of weather slots (so no one can predict which laps the weather might change).
    All of these seem pretty complex to develop, though, especially the ones related to networking (which, in itself, is already complex).

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. SoliderScissors

SoliderScissors New Member

I hope I could "agree" more than once with your post... You basically read my mind there kkkk

Another thing that I would put on mandatory is having a documentation with recommended server specs for a given number of players.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1