1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 5, 2021.

1. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

2. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

...if it's the game I'm thinking of, that was the "final straw" for me, that made me take a long break from that game. I hate that cr@ppy inefficient UI. The developers (for that game) can take their form over function UI and shove it.
    I really don't understand how hard is to figure out (for them) - when something takes you 2 or more clicks, that used to take 1 - that's a step backwards. When it now takes me over a minute to configure my game session, when it used to take me 10 - 15 seconds, I have to conclude the developers are somehow impaired in their judgement (and probably don't really g1ve a sh1t).
    And of course there's the really inefficient online server that requires you to package the content for it (content which you already have by the way - but because it's not in a "server install" - you need to package it specifically for that, rather than say - use the content that's already there).
    ...when you start to think about it - it sounds too much like work for my liking.
    Time for a beer and a lap or two in AMS 2 - which I am pleased can get online in about 30 seconds.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RockettSally

RockettSally The Average AMS2 enjoyer

The [REDACTED] is one of the worst user-experiences with awful installation methods, awful AI, awful crashes and unbelievable bugs (that have been reported for ages) and super expensive DLC packages.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I think it is, it has had the same issues for years, they know about them but have don't nothing about them. The game has got prettier and dlc is churned out but they are about the only improvements there has been in years, the core experience is basically the same as it has been forcthe last 5 years. In the meantime new sims have come out that we're essentially built from scratch in less time. That other sim has been dead to me for a couple of years now. It is a shame as it had great potential but the overall experience is just bad now

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. yuriasd

yuriasd New Member

To be honest,I am a little disappointed.I have been waiting for the dev update part2 since Nov 19th. In fact, I am
    not so interested in reiza's plan till 2022. Maybe this is the last time I will keep refreshing the browser for a dev update

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

lol yeah it’s a small company and we fully support them but Renato should stop promising the dates; he should just say “coming soon” but oh well more suspense

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Nobody promised anything.....just be happy they would rather fix things then release broken stuff

8. yuriasd

yuriasd New Member

I understand that reiza is not a big company and they really work hard for their fans. So I am happy for reiza that Volkswagen join them. Reiza's work is just wonderful . That
    is why I lost my patience waiting for news

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I mean Renato did say earlier today

"Great news: Dev Update pt2 with more info on this and other developments isstill incoming tonight so stay tuned :)"

So people being disappointed isn't totally unreasonable. People are just excited about the update. As long as they are being respectful there is nothing wrong with people being a little bummed we hadn't heard anything else today.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 4
  10. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Im disappointed too but im still happy we have a dev team like this one. The fact they are here on weekends at all says volumes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

It's funny seeing the 2 ends of the spectrum: that game that's praised for it's supposedly best-in-class physics but yet is about as user-friendly as taking a gunshot to the nether regions, and then AMS2 which, while not quite as refined yet with physics, is a game where you can set up a race in about 2 minutes and have a good experience
    I think I know why I haven't touched the other game in 2 years compared to me playing AMS2 frequently for about a year now :p

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Understandable, unfortunately the bad news of the day probably has sucked all of their time and effort. Hopefully it will come soon because it will surely bring great news :D

• Like Like x 3
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This month is definetly a bit extra-crazy with all the findings and planned things clashing together.
    -----------------------
    Please understand guys, that things might go back and forth a bit.
    Apologies, that it's all going out of schedule right now.
    Let's not forget, they're also human, though. :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

4F710C3C-4C68-4987-8E35-DA617CF9DAC0.gif
    my dog that thinks it’s going to die of starvation an hour before din dins has more patience than a lot of people on here ;)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Cute doggie

16. BCRCGAMING

BCRCGAMING #1 AMS2 Streamer! BANNED

People do have a right to get a bit upset when we're told one thing, then it doesn't happen. That doesn't mean they don't support what reiza does any less than anyone else does.
    I'm annoyed, it's 4pm on the 21st for me and still no dev update.. wouldn't be so bad but it keeps happening and happening over and over.
    A previous poster mentioned don't give dates.. that's an easy fix to this issue, just say it'll be out when it's out, or, only give a date after it's complete, so all they have to do is click post.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm a bit (not too) disappointed as well. Hoped to find a nice article this morning I can read while having the first cup of coffee. Life goes on :)...we all know this is happening every once in a while.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  18. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I mean.... They didn't promise you they will send you some money or whatever, this is their work and they are free to manage it as they want based on their needs.

Seriously guys, the post will be released when ready and this will not change a single thing in your life, no matter if it will be released now or tomorrow.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Balrog

Balrog Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato spotted a major grammatical error in the dev update that will require a top-to-bottom review of several paragraphs - unfortunately that means no dev update will be published for a few more hours

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Normally, not leaving a note about something not happening is what makes me a (small) bit grumpy about things. I don't mind in the slightest that things slip (and I certainly don't get people wanting to know the time zone for the sake of a few hours), but dropping a Tweet or forum post to say "sorry, not today" doesn't take long.

However, in this specific instance, it's clear how much they've been doing to try to get things ready for this month and next, so it wouldn't surprise me if Renato has just fallen asleep on his keyboard!

So it'll be here when it's here, it's not life and death.

• Like Like x 1