1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 November 2021 Development Update Part 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 22, 2021.

1. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Phoenix, Charlotte Roval and Indy hopefully in part 3

2. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The car is beautiful to me. Its like a shark.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

don't get too set on what you want. Anything is possible as Cleveland has shown, but I'd say chances are high for tracks we saw in PC2 even though Reiza said a while ago they were done with using and updating SMS tracks. Every US track we've gotten outside of Cleveland was in PC2.

If I had a guess at least one will be Daytona since it's already in the game. After that I'd guess Indy is likely, but you never know with licensing.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

But... the vast majority of tracks don't have a associated year. Yet every track with a historic version does.

5. Dylan Hale

I mean, in part 3 yes... because its a oval.
    What else was in PCars 2? ,
    Daytona, Laguna, The Glen, Long Beach we have.
    -COTA (God I hope not, hate that track)
    -Road America (again, massive hate for this track)
    -Willow Springs (Press F to doubt for a CART pack)
    -Sonoma? (Possibly but the 3rd track is being held back by a licensing issue and I don't see Sonoma being popular enough to go "No you cannot put us in your game")
    -Texas Speedway Road course (another track i strongly dislike on the Oval side, and not exactly a fabulous road course either. Plus I don't think Cart ever raced on the road course)
    Mojave test track and California highway (pcars fictional circuits)

Out if the bunch I would guess Sonoma, but again, I don't see it being a licensing issue. Plus that would be our 3rd track on the west coast. Right now we got 2 east coast (Daytona and The Glen) 2 west coast (laguna and long beach) and 1 Mid country (Cleveland).

My bet for a original track is still for Mid Ohio. Its unique, flowing, lots of Indycar and Cart history, and the sight of many fantastic Indycar races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brett Nagle

I think you're misunderstanding me. I was referring to the third installment of the DLC not the 3rd track in this pack.

Likely candidate for the third track is RA because Renato said it would be a road course and RA is one of 3 road courses that CART raced at in 95, 98, and 00. The other two are Mid Ohio and PIR. While I'd take those two over RA the fact we have got mostly PC2 tracks for the US through these packs minus Cleveland chances are likely higher we get RA since that was also in PC2.

I was referring to the comment on the ovals OP wanted. Most likely some of the ovals we get are ovals that were in PC2. Daytona is almost a guarantee since it's already in game. Indy is probably likely because of it's significance, so other ovals could be brand new like Cleveland is, but I doubt we'd get 3 completely new ovals not seen in PC2 when iconic ones like Daytona and Indy are still missing.

7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

nowadays kids would set to factor 50 to finish the indy 500 in 10 minutes :)
    Maybe ask for a AI/pause/save mode, because its to hard to drive it in one session.
    And say they are heroes, 'cause they made 6 Indy 500 races in a row ^^
    tik tok :whistle:

8. Dylan Hale

Got ya, my bad.

So yeah, Daytona and Indy are the "Give me's" although I could see Indy being negated now that a Official indycar game is locked in with Motorsports Games (God help us).

Texas is a probably, but not a fan for both stock car or indy racing.

I think if there is to be a pack with 4-5 tracks, the oval pack is likely because of the average size and simplicity of a oval track. Especially since 3 tracks could be taken from Pcars and Daytona is already done. So here's my guesses

-Indy
    -Daytona
    -Texas
    -Milwaukee Mile
    -Gateway

Phoenix, and Iowa would be interesting maybe's

• Like Like x 1
  9. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't see much use for the 2.5 mile Daytona unless we have stockcars to go with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brett Nagle

That's basically what the 3rd DLC will be. It's focus will be on oval racing

11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As for the ovals , the indy car series races the ovals as part of there regular season & if you read the update he talks about that in a side stepping kind of manner :D .. I personally don't think any stock cars other then what we already have withe the Brazilian stock cars will be added . I hope I’m wrong :rolleyes::whistle:

13. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can't find Cleveland in PC2. Did I miss something?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, if we go back to the original WMD days, SMS is sitting on at least 6 tracks that were driveable but were never released. Other than the P2P track they were all in the dev builds of the original project cars and can be found on youtube.

Ovals:
    Dover (Delaware)
    Bristol (Memphis)
    Charlotte (Concord)
    Richmond (Henrico)

Road:
    Solitude (no clue why this was abandoned)

P2P:
    Caucasus Mountains (the community ruined this by complaining about the lack of snow physics in the original pcars)

15. Brett Nagle

I mean it was inferred when the USA DLC was annouced to be 3 parts that the third would focus on oval racing. You can't talk about oval racing in the US and not include stock cars in that discussion. I took the oval variants of the CART cars as an inclusion to the DLC, not the main focus.

Renato said in the April update "The Pack - originally planned as a single, massive expansion pack - has been split it into three standalone parts, each including a number of tracks and cars - the first centered around the US thriving sports car scene; the second on its single-seater heritage and the third on the world of oval racing, with some overlap between them adding up to a cohesive whole."

The overlap is obviously the oval variations of the CART cars. Also the CART/champ cars we are getting is different than IndyCar of this time. The two split in the mid 90s. CART while racing at some ovals was more of a street/road circuit series, while the Indy Race League or IRL was more oval focused after the split. CART was a democratic led racing league with prominant figures like Penske. Their cars were much more expensive than the cheaper IRL cars. The split was very political and led to the CART teams not really participating in the Indy 500 for several years.

Here is a docu series that explains it all. Highly suggest watching all 4 parts. It's really good stuff.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

But Sebring and Surfers weren't in pC2 :oops:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. ChrisPayne

ChrisPayne Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but oval racing for USA Pack 3 does not neccesarily mean NASCAR. It could be further historic oval open-wheel from 50's or 60's or lower classes of open-wheel....

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

^^!!!
    Stock car Brasil vs nascar

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Member AMS2 Club Member

Well at least in year 2000 Penske ditched their chassis and were using a Reynard with minor aero changes. ;) so for y2k we are covered. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Member AMS2 Club Member

not only... as far i no where read that any stock cars are planned? It could only be Short Ovals and Super Speedways for the Indycars... or did I miss something? ;)

Its really cool they choose to incude 1995 where they still ran at Indy. And 2k (with IRL car tho) where Montoya won Indy as well for the 1st time as a rookie. :)

• Like Like x 1