1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. fnugen

fnugen New Member

I love this game, but I'll never understand all the jargon of FFB and it's bearing on the game. I use a T300RS. I tried the game with the new update earlier and felt no difference between default and default+. My custom ffb felt very heavy as well. I have now deleted the custom file, and also the tuning folder. Is there any suggestions on how to set up the new default+ for for my T300RS and for an average driver who races offline for fun? I just have not gotten online yet for fear of not being able to keep up and getting in the way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

another UI-Issue? or did Reiza weight the car including all those Go-Pros?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

!!! BUG? !!!

DNF doesn't get registered in my stats (Singleplayer), I DNF but in my profile the race is registered as an extra point for my Finish Rate

Formula Reiza Montreal

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Tiago Ribeiro

Tiago Ribeiro You must first finish AMS2 Club Member

Driving the Roco P3 at Nords with these updates and Default+ is pure joy!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Accurate! Will be fixed ASAP!

• Like Like x 3
  6. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Physics improvement ..... yep. I got the Formula Trainer into a massive slide, I think it must have been going on for 30 metres or more on full opposite lock and I still caught it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What exactly are you heading to with that?

But anyway Formula Trainer Basic should have quite decent slip angles, so it's possible to catch it. Tires will probably see some fine tuning in the future, nothing is engraved in stone yet. The bug in the tires for many cars was discovered quite late, so please understand, that they might change a bit! :)

8. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

this really seems strange, I don’t use a t300 anymore so can’t reproduce. but i didn’t need to alter strength or settings much from what i normally run with my custom file.
    If anything i had to reduce gain a little and lower fx as default has always been a bit noisy for me .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

It's not as hard as it sounds :)

Pick the Default FFB profile for the standard steering rack-type forces. Pick Default+ if you want some extra "flavour" that tries to give more and helpful feedback as to what the car is doing.

Put all sliders to either 50 (middle) or 0. Pick your favourite car and a track with lots of variety like Oulton Park Classic. Make these changes while you are out on the track driving. You can access the controller menu while paused and then resume to feel what you have just changed.

Adjust Gain until the overall "weight" of the FFB is as you like it. (The sliders menu can be accessed while you are out on track, so changes are felt immediately as soon as you "resume.")

Adjust LFB until the cornering/car's weight shifting forces are balanced with the wheel self-centring forces.

Adjust Damping until the right level of "springiness" is achieved (versus friction/resistance slowing the process of the wheel going to where it should go).

Adjust FX so road surfaces, curbs, and so on are at the right level (not too harsh, but enough feedback that it feels natural).

That's it!

There are lots of recommendations for various wheels out there, but honestly it is worth the 10 minutes to tweak to your own liking and to understand what each slider does so if you encounter a vehicle later that seems like it needs a tweak, you will both know what to tweak and what to resist tweaking if it's just one car that is an anomaly. For those anomalies, we can use the FFB report thread to tell Reiza if something is out-of-whack.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
    • Like x 11
    • Informative x 6
    • Winner x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  10. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

Why is it not possible to change Traction control in the setup for TSI? The polo should have a TCS-button (+ an indicator light in the dash)

11. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Compared to PCars 2 where you had to have a degree in rocket science to dial in your ffb this system is dial in & drive.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

What a weekend to be away from home! Looks like I won’t get much work done on Monday:whistle:

Does anyone know if CSL DD users still need to use the ‘compatibility’ mode and whether Reiza have any plans to add the DD to the menu? It may be a Fanatec thing rather than Reiza, I don’t know.

13. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Yes it is still necessary to use the CSL DD in CSW2.5 Compatibility mode.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Anyone here with a Thrustmaster TS - PC and can provide me his settings for the DEFAULT + profile for testing?
    My Default profil is and was Gain 60-65 /LFB 30 / FX 40.
    You can PM me.
    Many thanks:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My controls got unresponsive just for the start of an online race,
    To come alive just in time for the start
    As soon as the Cool-down lap starts they got unresponsive again,
    can't drive the cool-down lap,

16. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

I opened AMS2 and my default rating is U1457 not U1500?? And I raced 3 races, one pole one podium but it’s still U1457.

How does the system work? Ik there will be a thread soon but does anyone who played PC2 for now?

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I have 0's for everything, but am a U1526 :)

I think what is much more important is whether the rating moves as it should once we start doing things. Starting a few points +/- from the base of 1500 isn't going to mean much in the broader scheme of things.

18. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did a lap at full nords in a spring shower in the 911 cup car WOW! Thx Reisa:hurrayreiza:
    Automobilista 2 Screenshot 2021.11.27 - 14.35.58.49.jpg I used default+ and could feel every aspect of the wet track! very immersive & extreme fun!~!:D

19. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I can understand all the praise for the revised physics and FFB an I thoroughly concur with those sentiments, but I also want to give a shout out to the AI tweaks. I just did a GT3 race at Nurburgring Veedol in the Merc starting midpack of 30 in VR and this is the best race I have ever had at this track. No AI booting or side swiping me off the track at turn 1 or weird happenstances at last chicane. A great race in fact throughout , so well done!. thoroughly enjoyed the AI this time around which has always been problematic for me at Veedol.

I can't wait for the Adrenaline pack now. I hope AMS2 can be expanded to include dirt Sprint car racing at some stage as well as some rally cross.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  20. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

but it’s not changing :/