1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it a Ryzen 1600? If it is you're likely running out of CPU power in larger lobbies. More ram might help though as I have no issues with a 1700 and 16gb of ram

2. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Love your avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  3. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Massive difference here... The old default always felt like it was working against you, conveying weight transfer and generally throwing me off. Default+ is much more ballpark of where I think a default ffb-profile should be. I need more time with it, but first impressions were great! Has a little bit to do with certain cars actually handling nicely through a corner now. What a difference a diff makes...

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've only tried FFB+ on the 70's gt vette and one of the classic F1 cars. Honestly couldn't tell a difference but I wasn't exactly looking for one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well its now 2 am and ive just packed up, and yep, that was indeed one hell of a night! 27 car grids, everyone raving about the update, every single car we tried (and we did try a few) felt so, so good! Every single one! Thankyou Reiza for an outstanding evening, you've outdone yourselves! Everyone on server saying how great the sim feels now! And the FFB, just sublime! Im gunno stop now, cause i really could go on all night.
    Thanks to everyone who raced, and lastly...

Bravo Reiza, Bravo!!!

• Like x 9
    • Friendly x 8
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

I'd rather not ... not sure what the cost of 8 GB more RAM would be, but I'm not really running on a big budget.
    Not sure if it's a Ryzen (PC has been bought 2015/16), will look it up tomorrow and call it a night.

7. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

My comment is not a criticism, but joy that I can now catch the car sliding instead of it suddenly gripping up and spitting me out the other side in a tank slapper.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Sorry Mate, but In decades of playing racing games, I never used damping. I want to feel effects, not damp them. Tried it for the first time today, because many people advised me to do so, feels as horrible as expected. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Todd Norbury

Todd Norbury norbs AMS2 Club Member

Had in interesting race at Hock in the DTMs. Didnt qualify but there was plenty of action in front of me the whole race. Pings between 200 and 400 and no issues in 26 car field.

10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They have 16gb kits for less than $60 in the US. If you can figure out what stick you have you could probably get a matching one for less than $40

11. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Man oh man what an amazing evening this was. Mostly did ranked races and I can tell I don’t really want to return to unranked ones.

Not necessarily because ranked races are less chaotic, but simply because way less people drop out. There is an actual field to catch up, overtake and lap!

I am still smiling haha

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Before the update, it just worked ... I'd like that back, if possible :D

13. mdecker79

mdecker79 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you. It's my personal car and I do LOVE to drive it.

And you have a nice MK2 in yours.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Try closing down other running programs as they are taking resources away from the game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Got quite some people angry by saying it here back then... but MP is what brings the people in and keep them playing. This is nothing new.

That is why MP is really important (imho much more than SP) in racing games. Ofc one or other user are more likely to enjoy SP more, but for this sort of game MP is what keeps it popular.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Well it’s not uncommon to run like that with belt wheel, as they already have a lot of mechanical damper.
    I used to do the same when I used a T300.
    But it wasn’t the point of my post and I can’t offer settings
    As I aren’t using same equipment, but the point was that the new FFB hasn’t drastically changed the strength or use of custom file.
    So whatever is going on with your system is strange.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. DMA99

DMA99 New Member

I am also seeing a slight increase in gpu usage and then a slight drop in fps depending on the situation. I’m running a Ryzen 5600x, RTX 3080, and 32GB of ram. I typically run the game at 4K/120, though seems now moving MSAA from high to medium seems to have helped.

Anyone else noticing slightly lower performance?

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Except that even today after a major update there were still only around 20% of the total players racing online...

19. kallenhard

kallenhard Member

Wow, what a great update! Two hours just flew by, with me trying a number of car and track combos. The differential issue with the sporadic understeer on turn in/oversteer on acceleration appears to be fixed.

I don't know if this fix was from this patch, but THANK YOU for fixing the Formula Classic G2 cars. The two N/A cars finally show a 6-speed h-pattern drivetrain and they seem to have an adequate level of power now. Before neither of the two could get above 270 k/h.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MickT

MickT Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed a slight drop too with my 5800X/3080. I run VR, and had to reduce SteamVR resolution a little to be able to get back to holding 90fps consistently.