1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow what a transformative update. Everything just makes sense now, perfect! Thanks to the devs and all the beta testers and bug reporters. There's a whole heap of cars I can now fairly race against and a few more tracks I can now fairly race them on.

I only have 2 issues:
    upload_2021-11-28_18-38-25.png
    1 - The various HUD widgets look like they've been scaled down to 32x32px and then scaled up again. Verifying files didn't help.

2 - The Polos feel like they're missing a whole gear between 2nd and 3rd. They're nice little cars to drive but very little fun to race as they just die in the arse when changing from 2nd to 3rd, while the AI sail on past.

• Like Like x 3
  2. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

This is in fact a quirk that also exists in the real car. A lot of road cars with long differentiel gearing share that problem. The more recent Polo GTI (207hp) circumvents that with a short geared 7 speed DSG inherited from the Golf VII.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah I'd read a few things to that effect, I'm sure the team faithfully modelled the idiosyncratic gearbox! No big deal really, it's not like there aren't a multitude of fantastic other cars to drive :)

4. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Crikey, I thought it was me with poor gear changing, well that was part as in multiplayer races I had people were getting by. I must admit I struggled.
    Good to know all the same.

5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, so i tested the vee at spielberg, and the v12 at imola 2001, and some other cars as well, woth the new default+ profile i feel every bump in the road, and generally it feels a lot better, i did not change any of the profile settings, so i dont know whats up with your game, something must be off, but the question is what

6. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, Polo and Virtus are not racecars, but small economy class road cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Absolutely agree. These cars feel so lazy and boring. I am so glad I dont have to drive them IRL.

8. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Tyre temps are not showing with the new speedo, or am I doing something wrong?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Guillem Castro

Guillem Castro New Member

there will be servers from reiza with a schedule like iRacing or the multiplayer will only be on all the other servers??

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato mentioned i think in the dev update that there will be scheduled daily races, possibly they will work with a third party to do this if i recall correctly

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have never been able to understand reh ffb setup. I just updated AMS 2, I assume it does not reset the ffb?
    So why does my default, default+ and custom files all show the same settings? I was previously using a profile that I changed from default, does that automatically mean it is a custom profile? What different is there between the default and the default+ if they have the same settings?

12. Marko

Marko New Member AMS2 Club Member

When will the weather system be fixed? With the current date of today, the weather is always clear.

13. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

What does the ui say when selecting real weather?

14. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I feel like this is Christmas morning! My biggest personal want for this sim was racing 1970 formula cars around Imola 72 and be thrilled like I was racing the Reiza pack in RF2. After 18 months of this combo driving like absolute soggy pants and annoying the crap out of me, I can now say it’s actually better than the RF2 version! It looks better, it feels better, I can even feel the wheel go super light over the crests and that annoying barrier crash squeal has gone too. I can turn my wheel and the car goes round sharp turns smoothly, no hiccuping, no see saw and I have to apply countersteer if I’m too aggressive. I’m so happy with this combo now and I’m literally telling everyone on every discord that AMS2 is finally out of beta and this is the true V1.0! It’s great reading people in discord who wrote this sim off, now saying we played in lobbies all last night and it’s awesome! The snowball effect begins today!
    Amazing work from Reiza, the beta testers and the community!
    The day we have all waited for has finally come and now it’s time for AMS2 to fully own 2022 and beyond!
    Thank you so much, I honestly can’t put into words the joy I’ve had on this sim since last night and all of this morning!

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The in game settings i.e Gain/Lfb/etc remain the same for each profile. What changes is the code that is calculating the signal output to your wheel. Basically the method of calculation is different from one profile to the next some forces might be more prominent than others etc, some might not be present at all. The sliders in game are really just the volume knobs allowing you to broadly blend those effects together. If you open up one of the custom files in a text editor it will make more sense. This is also why the custom files have been so interesting, you have much more granular control over the final output, giving you the chance to really dial things into your tastes.

16. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you guys tried out NIS (Nvidia Image Sharpening) yet? I got a pretty good boost with my 1080Ti. Update your drivers and it should be available (both in GeForce Experience and the Nvidia Control Panel). I set it to 77% and left sharpening at 50% just to test it out. Looks fine to me but I'll test out different settings tomorrow.

Things to note:
    Restart your PC after you enable it to get the resolutions to show up in-game.
    You have to set your resolution to the input value to activate it, not the output value as you normally would.
    It doesn't work with borderless currently.

17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Well HO-LY-****.
    After reading the gushing praise for this patch, I finally got a chance to indulge, and just finished a test with the Chaterham Superlight at Virginia.
    The Superlight is a car I've never been close to taming. I'd be lucky to string more than a few laps without a spin or incident of some sort. Well, the session at Virginia would be the best sim racing experience I've had ever. And I've been playing sims since GP2. I highly, highly recommend this combo to anyone who hasn't tried it.
    The driveline changes and the massive uplift in FFB detail, is just... wow. I've never felt anything so natural.
    I was actually pretty impressed with the ACC update earlier this week, but this hasn't just one-upped that. Its a hundred upped it.
    I really do take my hat of to Reiza. Seeing brilliant little studios do this sort of thing is immensely heart-warming.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 7
  18. gvse

gvse Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tires of street cars.
    I noticed there's a new naming convention for tires of Ultima Street and the Mclaren street car (haven't checked the Camaro yet) . It's visible in the telemetry. But in the pre race setup screen you can now choose between 2 types of tires, and the second type comes up as nameless. Just wondering if it's an oversight, a placeholder for things to come, or sth that's still wrong with this type of tire?
    I always scan change logs and haven't noticed anything specific to street rubber.

19. chonk

chonk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, this is an excellent combo, particularly if you just run VIR North it's a real rollercoaster. The superlight is much more compliant, some of the fun factor of the previous builds is missing for me, even if that was it in a broken state. But fortunately the 620r is still absolutely bat**** and borderline undriveable for me. But yeah the superlight is a much more raceable car now which is great, just wish it had headlights!

• Like Like x 3
  20. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

@Coanda you're wrong
    I reported that twice in beta and it's still there.
    Its a bug! File check does not help
    https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/vw-polo-virtus.21738/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1