1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

just my thoughts… automobilista 2 can be the first sim that rival iRacing. if they make use of their official content (no modding or whatever), capitalise on their AI and implement the scheduled races, AMS2 is the sim to beat.

I am worried because I heard they were gonna chuck in a career mode. Reiza would probably be able to make it better than the PC2 **** show career mode, but for a small team, I think the focus should be on pvp, esports and their exotic content as always

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay, thanks, I think that makes it clearer. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. eLuSiVeMiTe

eLuSiVeMiTe New Member

Recently returned to Sims and in vr.
    Went from ACC which I didn't gel with to pcars2 which although fun just felt lacking to am2. It was a definite improvement and that's where I'd decided to stay.
    I've got 5 hours in game. 3 pre patch 2 post patch. All in the caterham 620 and the difference pre and post is night and day and re-enforced my above decision.
    Gonna spend my afternoon digging deeper if the kids can give me some space

• Like Like x 5
  4. Marko

Marko New Member AMS2 Club Member

[​IMG]

That's what it looks like and no matter what race track , it's always clear weather.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just had my first race in 1.3, oulton Park long in the porsche cup 4.0, man what a wild ride!! I never never had a race in any sim where the car felt so alive!! Put too much power down and it kicks and bucks but it is controllable, it squirms under brakes, and goes light and snaky on crests with a bit of corner thrown in, just abosulty amazing. The ffb in default+ is just so alive, always having to make tiny correctionss to keep it pointing in the right direction. Boy o boy reiza have you raised the bar!!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just an update: I did notice that my GeForce hadn't updated and just installed the update. Lobby with 20 Caterhams was a little stuttery, but no straight line speed issues there.

EDIT: Nope, still there. Silverstone, night, 20 people, and the straight line speed goes away again. I'd rather have lags than this.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MCI Goated

MCI Goated Ben Dalby AMS2 Club Member

I got this abit a go when i updated to win 11. For me to fix it i have to resync my computer clock. Not the cmos the windows time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

When the ui button multiplier in replay reach x10, using trigger on gamepad is max x3

9. Alnorate

Alnorate New Member

You have to synchronize the Windows time first, then start automobilista 2!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Anyone finding that modern slicks allow for some pretty crazy slip angles after the update? Stuff like the 2021 BR stockers can be hugely over driven. Perhaps the diff improvements (which are brilliant) mean some tyre parameters need a small tweak? Also seems to be reflected in the ai difficulty. Because I can now back the cars into the corner, brake deeper and hang the rear out on the exits the ai just can't keep up even at 102. Loads of fun tho, great update :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Marko

Marko New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for the valuable tip, now it works

• Like Like x 2
  12. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

This message is probably going to vanish amidst the (well-deserved) flood of thanks, encouragement and positive feedback in this thread, but I wanted to chime in and provide my perspective as well after trying the latest update yesterday. I was only able to put in 2 hours or so, but I hope to add more to it later today.

First things first: I want to extend a huge and heartfelt 'THANK YOU' to Reiza Studios for their hard work and dedication to nothing less than perfection. The same goes to all the amazing beta testers in our community, who provide valuable feedback. And last but certainly not least, all those AMS2 players who continue to point out flaws and issues in a constructive manner in order to help make AMS2 the best it can be.
    Thank you, to all of you.

With that being said, I did have high hopes for this update (especially based on what I was seeing in the beta forum), although I was still a bit unsure if some of the old issues would still persist in some way or another.

But after trying even just one car - the 2019 Stock Car - I was very, very impressed already. The new Default+ FFB feels closer to AMS1 in some regard (certainly in terms of tightness around the center) and is generally more informative than the old default. But HOLY MOLY what a difference the removal of the 'sticky diff' has made! Never before has going through a turn felt this natural before in AMS2 (or PC1/2, for that matter).

In some ways, with the new default setups and all the recent changes to drivetrain, tires, throttle response, etc. I feel like I have to learn some aspects of the sim anew. One of these is breaking, it seems; I used to be able to trail brake most cars without issue, but locking up the tires feels very different now. In all cars that I tried (Stock Car 19 & 21, AMG GT3, Formula Classic G3M2, Sprint Race, Caterham Supersport & 620R, Brabham BT26A) the process feels much more gradual, but also easily affects the stopping distance much more profoundly than it did before. It is much easier to go into prolonged periods of brake-induced understeer now - but, on the bright side, what the front wheels are actually doing is communicated much more clearly through audio and FFB cues now. Wow!
    (On that note, I think brake setup is still problematic for some cars, especially the Sprint Race. Brake pressure needs to be reduced to ~85-86 down from 90, and brake balance should be adjusted two clicks backwards to 60/40, otherwise it locks up far too easily).

What I was most worried about, to be honest, were those cars that I found problematic before. These were the ones to test for me, to see if the corrected differential modeling would have a profound and positive impact.

One of these was the BT26A. Not too long ago I remember trying the BT24 in GPL (after having not played the sim in more than 20 years, I think), and I was actually surprised how much fun it was and how easy it was to feel the limits of the car and be consistent with it.
    Back then I figured the BT26A, being an evolution of the BT24, should be somewhat similar, so I tried it in AMS2 a while ago... And was shocked. It was unpredictable to the point of being undrivable for me.

Now, in AMS2 1.3, it is still twitchy, nervous and venomous as hell (at least when compared to the last times I drove the generic F-Vintage M1 and M2 variants of either generation) - but it makes sense. It's still a handful - maybe a little more than it needs to be - but I feel as if that can mostly be dialed back using setup changes (which I haven't made yet). Plus, I took it for a ride on Brands Hatch GP (my go-to test track) and that's a rather challenging one for these cars as is.

Next up were the Caterhams. Or at least two of them as I hadn't had the time to try them all. While I never had huge problems driving them in any other sim (or variants of them), I couldn't make heads or tails of them in AMS2 before. The more 'tame' variants like the Supersport now feel like somewhat normal (albeit lightweight) cars - that is, until you exceed the lateral traction threshold of the tires and start sliding around, and that's when the fun begins. Okay, I can't say I'm very good at throwing these around (yet), but they are fun and do make sense to me now. With some setup changes... oh gosh, I'm drooling.

Last but not least I tried both the 'old' 2019 Stock Car to see how it has changed as well as the 2021 iteration (which, unless I'm mistaken, should be identical to the 2020 one).
    As mentioned before, the 2019 SC feels close to the AMS1 version again. Reasonably high levels of downforce, lots of power, and enough leeway to have a bit of fun at the limit. Steering feels rather heavy on my G25, but it was similar in AMS1. Seems to be a peculiarity of the car.

The new generation of stock cars are supposedly notoriously hard to handle compared to the predecessor. Seeing some of the real life footage implies that the drivers did need some time to adjust to the differences, and the ingame version reflects that. It feels vaguely similar - although maybe with slightly higher center of gravity; can anyone confirm this? - but with very little downforce and still as much power as ever. Instead of throwing it around like a madman you need to treat these as if you are performing ballet on the track. But as long as you take the decreased aero and that large amount of torque in the rear into account, you should be fine. That's pretty much how I imagine these, so I'd like to say: YOU NAILED IT, REIZA!

One of my all-time favorites was the Sprint Race car. I have fond memories of throwing these around with wild abandon. So how have these changed?
    Quite profoundly, I think. No longer do these feel super fast and super powerful with tons of grip, but more like the reasonably-powerful race cars they are. Downforce feels significantly lower than it was before - much more reasonable, though - and it feels as if the car has more real, tangible weight to it.
    So on one hand, the insane fun machine the Sprint Race used to be is gone... But instead we now have what I consider a good, believable virtual representation of the real thing. IMHO that's a win overall, even if it takes some time getting used to.

Oh, and with regards to the overhauled Azure Circuit: Hot damn, such a difference. It looks and feels great, although I am a bit frustrated that the old circuit had just 'clicked' for me recently and now I feel like I have to learn it all over again. Oh well.
    By the way, details of the layout, like some corners, feel very different from the old version. Is it like that now in real life? I haven't been following F1 in a few years (think 2018 or 2019 was the last time I watched a race?), so I'm woefully out of date here.

Anyhow, those are my first impressions so far. Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the sound. Were there any improvements to audio, particularly external engine sounds, recently? Because dang, every single car I tried sounded so much better in trackside replay than I remember.

Kudos to you, Reiza. Keep on rockin'! And don't forget to take a rest soon, you guys deserve it.

P.S.: One thing that I almost forgot - have there been any changes to the Corvette C3 R-Spec lately? I did a quick race on Laguna Sega between these and the Porsches, and I was shocked at the lack of torque in the low RPM band of this car. Shouldn't the 'vette have loads of torque at the bottom? Or is that due to the height above sea level? I think that's less than 300 meters, though?

• Like Like x 17
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  13. Alan lionel Riz

Alan lionel Riz New Member

hey guys how is trueforce with this update? i know its a gimmick to a lot of people but im getting the wheel ina couple of days and would like to know! thanks

14. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

After 2 hours with the Polo TSI I on differnt tracks have to say im not convinced at all. The car, even with just 95hp, is more nimble and faster RL then it's representation in ASM2 The brakes act horrible too. Currently those cars drive like minivans, not like the agile small cars they are.
    The weight statet in the cars description really fits the overall feel... like it's overloaded for Hollidays.
    The only well done quirk is the lack of power feel when shifting from 2nd to third, thats really nailed perfectly.

BTW the tyre pressure is doubfull too, at that low pressure I always got a mushy feel RL and Ilost a lot of stability. I tended to use 1.9/1.8bar on trackday RL, and thats already less than the 2.2/2.0 manufaturer recommendation with 195 50 R15.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's already confirmed, that they are too heavy. (They're at max load right now basically, so you are driving a grocery getter full of groceries and family)

It will receive a diet! :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

I tried briefly last night and I like the update. I use a custom FFB preset (version 31 of a file that I keep going back to). I have a thrustmaster ts-xw wheel and last night tried default+ but it felt incredibly light to me… can anyone help by posting there settings for ts-xw as I don’t want to be missing out on maybe some magic dust

Thanks in advance
    Baz

17. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

anybody knows what that mean in the changelog?
    "Exposed FFB gain per vehicle to FFB script files"

18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It means that FFB gain can now be overwritten by specific "per-car" settings.
    Or in other words, you don't have to fiddle with FFB strength as Gain can now be set directly for each car in the FFB script. I know this already works in the default profiles (but it is still being fine-tuned), but Dom is the one who can confirm if and how it can be done for custom FFB.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now see here Reiza! I finished my stream last night at 2am and was gunna go to bed as im v busy today, but then I thought to myself, oh hang on theres just one more car i've not tried... Then there was another, and another. I was up till 6 am... 6 BLOODY AM REIZA! Bloody heck if I had a job to go to i'd be phoning them up this week and saying: Sorry, can't come in as I've just got postive for Automobilista 2, its highly infectious and I need to isolate with it in my room with it for 14 days!
    You lot have just started a simdemic!

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Winner Winner x 5