1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For the new full tachometer HUD, people have mentioned the missing tire temperatures but wouldn't those fit better in the graphic with the brake temperatures?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.3.0.1 is now up - this is a minor hotfix to add some fixes & improvements to the latest release.

The AMS2 Demo has also been updated with the latest developments pertinent to it.

V1.3.0.1 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Fixed default Formula championships crashing from targeting old Azure track instead of updated one

UI & HUD
    • Fixed throttle/clutch pedal values inverted on full tacho variant
    • Fixed replay list not correctly aligned in ultrawide resolutions

FFB
    • Optimization pass on Default+ profile
    • FFB adjustments to BMW M4, M6 & M8 GTE; F-Vee, Mini 1965, Corvette C3 & C3-R, TSI Cup

PHYSICS & AI
    • Further tire tread revisions & AI Calibration pass for F-Trainer, Caterham Academy, Vintage TC1, Vintage TC2, Copa Fusca, Copa Uno, TSI Cup, Opalas, Omega Stock, F-Vee
    • Further fine-tuning of Traction Control slip ranges
    • Adjusted crankshaft mass for Vintage Touring Cars & Copa Classic
    • Corrected VW Polo & Virtus mass
    • Increased preload resistance in cars with open differential
    AUDIO
    • Adjusted traction control sounds for all cars

TRACKS
    • Azure Circuit 2021: Reduced AI on AI trapping against armcos causing crashes/pileups; adjusted line at the chicane to reduce AI going 2-wide and clipping the barriers causing crashes/pileups; Reposition the rolling start location to before last corner and reduce rolling speed to 60 kph

VEHICLES
    • TSI Cup: Fixed missing custom livery folders causing mix-up with Mini liveries; Fixed small gap in cockpit dashboard

• Like Like x 25
    • Winner Winner x 13
  3. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is further AI calibration to come yet. For now, just drop the difficulty till you are confortable with.

A good test to do is race at modern spa then do the same race at Spa 93. Spa 93 has been calibrated and it includes calibration to sections of the track the AI was slower or faster than the player. You will prob notice the difference and I'd say the future is bright on the AI front as well!

• Like Like x 1
  4. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Either way is fine with me as long as I can see tyre temperature & wear on the screen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SoloWingX

SoloWingX New Member

Cool! I don't have Spa though, but good news. Seeing the new hotfix patch notes confirms it but I guess it's still not going to be finished everywhere. Keep it up Reiza :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think that the tyre pressures in the suspension damage graphic should be swapped for tyre temperatures

7. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Just found an issue with Azure Circuit in time trial, when you start it drives you straight into a wall. =P

Happened with Mini JCW and Chevvy C3.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Should be fixed in 1.3.0.1 that just got released

9. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

C3 at Monaco? Madman.

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Resolved (sort of!)
    I was running the GT Classics and other classic touring car packs on Monaco and Monza. On it's own, the GT Classic pack works as expected, but combined with either of the other two, the FPS drops through the floor in the wet. Running a mixed DPI, GTE and GT3 pack in the most severe conditions on the most geometry-heavy tracks, is rock-solid. Interesting.

Original post
    Huge FPS drop in the wet!
    I had my performance settings optimised to run a full grid on any track in storm conditions at a rock-solid 60fps. This is now impossible. For example, Monza and Monaco are now unplayable using the same settings from before the update. Dropping shadows and AA down a level makes very little difference. What's happened?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Glad you are pleased, as many seem to be. But do not think that the diff was the only thing changed. A massive amount of work was done on almost every area of the physics and it is the combination of all of those things coming together in harmony that has triggered this great result.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Can you please verify if your "ffb_custom_settings.txt" was updated? I don't think so. Anyway, delete this file and run AMS2 again.

13. Marc Collins

They are going on a diet (out now in the latest build). They will remain lazy and boring as in real life, but at least now they are not carrying a huge cargo load slowing them down even more than normal ;)

They should have accurate mass and performance now. The more powerful 4-cylinder versions coming later might border on some level of excitement...

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Domagoj Lovric @Renato Simioni stupid question from my side but this is something I was asking to myself a couple of times...is FFB running in a different CPU core/thread?
    Just asking because this is something I can do in rF2 (editing some Json files with notepad...sigh) and solved some stutter/fps drop I had in-game.
    Was thinking of that because the latest reports about fps drop/stutter are coming after the new FFB pass...

I don't know if this is doable or not but would be a great feature if missing, imo of course.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

wow so the car was really to heavy - not just in the UI? Now the 2->3 gear lag is acceptable, accelration feels right (just don't load 3 heavy guys in the back seats). Also breaking and cornering is much more - as i would suspect on a modern street car.

Btw the UI still shows "Straight 4" instead of "Straight 3"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, it was mistakenly configured after max weight. So you basically had a family with groceries on board... :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

Lovely stuff! An actual Scandi flick into the hotel hairpin. And man do those cams look great.

• Agree Agree x 8
  19. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Monaco is gorgeous but will need another optimization pass. VR performance is poor if I'm honest, where everything else has gotten much much better.

20. Marc Collins

Very heavy groceries ;)