1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

yes, it was updated

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Lord the VW's are slow... My Ecoboost Fusion would wipe the floor with these things.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Gave this update a first test yesterday. Very amazing with that new FFB Profile!
    But as some already mentioned, I've noticed quite a drop in Performance now, and with my G2 in VR I'm already on the lower end on graphic settings, so now I'm struggling how to get this performance back. Could this be looked at or confirmed, as if that was intended?

Other than that, every car I've tested yesterday felt really amazing, especially the 720s on Imola. It just felt soooo natural.
    Another thing I've seen which has been requested quite a lot is, that one can now use your actual name instead of steam profile name. Thats a big big step forward for online multiplayer. Would really like to see some leagues hopping onto AMS2 now finally.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:eek::D
    Great driving Great vid.
    Deserves to be made public now.
    currently unlisted

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

If you talking about the US Fusion - I hope your car will. You could buy nearly two Polos for the price of this. If you want a similar car from Ford go for the Fiesta. And those cars don't have much more punch either - except the ST.
    If you talking about the EU Fusion - very unlikly. I have driven both the US (Hybrid) and the EU Fusion. The EU Fusion has no steam above 160. Maybe downhill with tailwind 180...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Budgetek

Budgetek Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It was acknoledged by the dev team there was an error in weight of VWs. Will be fixed soon.

7. vinicius alvarenga

vinicius alvarenga New Member

Can I make a suggestion? Could you guys have two leader boards, pre and post Physics V1.3?

It is frustrating to spend hundreds of hours in the simulator, scored 1st in Daytona Road Circuit using DPi to have it completely vanished.

I understand what is coming is better and everything, but what motivation will we have to push for good laps if the V1.4 arrival will result in all laps being deleted? What will be the point?

All I'm asking is to not just delete the fun people had in the game.

I own a small software development consultancy here in the UK, I know little changes costs a lot sometimes and all I'm asking is just to not throw time that people invested in the game in the trash can.

If it is unviable to keep the old leader-board in the game, fair enough. Would it be possible to extract that info from your servers and render a static html page, with the records per driver, track and class?

I know it isn't that easy, it never is, but here it goes: I would be more than glad to help doing so completely for free if necessary.

Keep up the good work.
    Best regards, Vini Alva.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Small feedback: I think the DTM Mercedes 190 Evo should have less clutches in stok setup. With the 8 it has set the rear is very nervous. I have found that 4 make it very tame and 6 are a good comprimise.

• Informative Informative x 3
  9. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My daily is a 2013 AWD Fusion, 230hp and I've sent it sideways down quite a few gravel roads. Surprisingly, it'll power oversteer on loose surfaces, but you can definitely tell it's not a proper AWD with a center diff. My only issue with the car is transmission has a massive delay on upshifts.

10. ClickerSnapper

ClickerSnapper Car in the Avatar, Rimac Nevera.

I've been out for a while. but it also seems that the pit crew shake has been cured. Don't know if it was this or a previous update? Thanks for the hard work!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Shpalman

Shpalman Member AMS2 Club Member

i have no performance drop...everything runs fine as before and i'm on vive pro 2
    maybe you can try to disable shadows as they are touched in this update

12. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's fixed with the recent hotfix.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

With the exception of the F-Ultimate I've been enjoying all the cars I've tried so far.
    I noticed the stall bug is still there for the F-V12 & F-V10s (car stalls even though I have auto-clutch enabled). This bug has been in the game since I bought the game back in June 2021. Any plans to fix it?

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Dylan Hale

Mines FWD and honestly, I am so angry Ford stopped selling the Fusion in the states because it is such a good car. Its comfortable yet stable at high speed, has a amazing stereo, powerful yet fuel efficient motor. I mean, its all things to all men that car.

I just wish it was a Wagon/estate version they sold in europe, so I wouldn't have to borrow a pickup truck every time I want to buy some wood. Extremely annoying.

15. A.F.K DaN

A.F.K DaN Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, as I stated, settings are already on the lower / lowest scale of things, so shadows are already off :whistle:

16. Ochilbaz

Ochilbaz Active Member

Well here is my small input……. Game drives much much better and update is excellent, cars feel great and I am very happy with that, however and I don’t want to be negative but…..I was expecting vr performance to be improved but sadly it has definitely regressed. I hope developers are aware as I seem to be not the only one experiencing this and I hope it can be looked into. I know some will say turn shadows off etc etc and lower settings but truth be told my settings are pretty low as it is and I am running on a £1750 machine so this should not be the case

loving the game as I have since day 1 and loving the cars and tracks, the feel, the immersion. Would just like some vr improvement not regression

Baz

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kro

Kro Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The mystery continues :D .. It was talked about here Logitech G923 Trueforce | Reiza Studios Forum Where you can see in one logi update it was listed as added, but not listed in the other:rolleyes:. That said, having it in ACC & being able to feel what it does, I think it is working in AMS2 ? As I get the idol rumble in the wheel & feel it when I rev the engine.:) Ther is however no sign of it in the UI to turn it off or on that I can find like it has in ACC. So, I have no idea, but it feels like it's working:eek::D..& it's a pretty cool feature :)

18. Dylan Hale

I completely disagree. I'm on an lower end gaming laptop (Asus TUF 505) and I've noticed a massive upgrade in VR on most tracks. Replicating IMSA at Daytona at night, in the rain, with 32 cars is now possible, most importantly for me.

I have noticed some issues at Monaco mainly, or during big crashes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

How much money you are willing to pay to Renato?:whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Okay, so earlier today I put in a couple more laps in 1.3... Or maybe a couple dozen. :eek: Mostly just doing solo laps around Brands Hatch as before to get a good feel for the vehicles.

From the looks of it AMS2 is shaping up to be THE go-to sim when it comes to openwheelers. Not only is the selection absolutely fantastic when it comes to formula cars, but thanks to the most recent changes and fixes most of them feel a lot better. Off the top of my head, I tried the Formula 3 (F309), Formula Vintage G2 (all), F-Classic G1M1, F-Classic G2M3, F-V12, F-Retro G1 (the V12 one, M2 I think), Formula Vee (no fin) and Formula Trainer (advanced).

With a few exceptions these not only feel absolutely sublime but also provide me with enough confidence to keep pushing and pushing ever harder as I get a feel for the car and track conditions as well as tire grip improve over time.

The Formula 3 being the most notable example. At first I thought something felt strange, but after just a single lap around Brands Hatch GP I felt so confident I decided to push hard - well, hard for me, anyways. The steering is so precise and the handling so delightfully neutral, and the power - my goodness, this things feels way faster than it has any right to be! To be honest I don't think I recall any vehicle in any sim providing me with such confidence after a mere three or four laps. Wow, just... WOW.

The first generation of the Formula Classic is also worth mentioning. Now this used to be a beast that I was actually afraid to handle. It was always slipping and sliding around, and having so much excess power available didn't help. But now it provides a much better feeling of control and feels much more planted. It's still a space rocket with wheels attached to it, after all this thing easily gives you wheelspin up to third gear at least (maybe even fourth), but piloting the F-Classic G1 is the thrilling kind of fun now, where it was slightly more fear- and frustration-inducing before.

Let's see, what else... Ah yes, the Formula Vee. You guys at Reiza must be wizards. I had just tried it in 1.3 and was disappointed in the strange behavior of its tires (it would suddenly go into snap oversteer for no apparent reason, at least at low tire temps), but when I closed AMS2 to grab a bite to eat, I saw upon my return that a new update was ready and lo and behold - the changelog mentioned a fix for their tires (among other vehicles). And it's bloody brilliant now!

Only tried the F-Retro G1M2 for a few moments, but from what I can tell it does feel better. Still a bit prone to understeer, but overall it does feel predictable and more believable to me now.

Now as for the Formula Vintage class, I personally think that some more tweaks may be needed here and there; possibly something as small as a tiny change in default setup.
    Out of all the F-Vintage G2 vehicles, the M1 (the V8 one) is, by far, the easiest to drive. It does slide and wiggle around, but provides good feedback to the driver and is definitely manageable and fun.

The others, however, still feel slightly strange and unpredictable when compared to the G2M1.
    The G2M2 (V12) for instance does feel immensely heavy and sluggish - much more so than the difference in weight would suggest - and it is particularly prone to breaking traction under braking and during downshifts (blipping the throttle harder than usual and shifting down very late seems to help). Now this is by no means any kind of objective indicator for anything, but I was shocked to find that after a couple of laps with each, I was around 3-4 seconds slower on Brands GP in the M2 than I was in the G2M1; not to mention much less consistent.

The Brabham I already mentioned in my previous post. The car is rather aggressive in the way it bucks and bites. It does obviously feel lighter and more nimble than the G2M2, though.

Last but not least the Lotus; which is a bit of a weird one. There is some similarity with the easy-to-drive G2M1, but at the same time there is some of the viciousness of the Brabham to it.

Since I have only tried the default setups for now I can't say anything about possible improvements to the setup one could make. But given how much the changes under the hood have transformed AMS2, I wouldn't be surprised if some rather small adjustments are all that is needed to make even these cars a pleasure to drive. Well, for me anyway. I'm sure plenty of others are already loving them as is. :D

Either way, I think it is safe to say that this update is nothing short of a revolution for Automobilista 2. Those who were still on the fence about trying AMS2 before have no excuse left, IMHO.

Needless to say I am eagerly awaiting the upcoming new content. While I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to US open wheel racing, I do have fond memories of the CART mod for AMS1; if that is anything to go by, Racin' USA Part 2 will blow us all away. Not to mention the new Nissans that are going to join the GT1 and Group C rosters. Plus the license definitely has a lot of potential to bolster even more of the existing classes... :cool:

tl;dr BEST UPDATE EVER. :D

P.S.: Tried the new VWs. Braking and cornering is good (especially the Polo), but my god do these feel underpowered. And that was after the weight fix was released. Acceleration feels almost as slow as my aging '95 Opel Vectra B 1.8... :confused: (Although I secretly wish my car would handle corners as well. :oops:)

• Like Like x 6