1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. vinicius alvarenga

vinicius alvarenga New Member

I 100% agree in restarting the leader board, however, you don't need to throw the current laps in the trash bin.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

But there is also no point in keeping them

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. DarrenM

DarrenM New Member

Take screenshots and you can relive your past glories whenever you want.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. vinicius alvarenga

So in real life, when a track changes its layout we should just delete all the laps ever done in such circuit? All the telemetry? All the historical weather data? There is no benefit in keeping historical data, is that what you are saying?

• Like Like x 1
  5. bandqit

bandqit Active Member

This is why I steer clear of TT. I always end up spiralling into an existential crisis. Aren’t we all just lapping the sun? In perpetuity? What’s the meaning of any of it? Such futility. Time is a construct! It does not exist! There is no God! LAMBS TO THE COSMIC SLAUGHTER!

I’ll just stick to test day.

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Simple remedy, wait to commit to TT until the devs abandon the game :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. brakecheck101

brakecheck101 New Member

I've been a fan of AMS2 since it came out. Sure, the physics and handling were somewhat odd at times, but just like Project CARS 2, it was really immersive with all the different weather situations, track states and just general Madness Engine graphical foundation. Plus, you could get a fun lobby set up with your pals within minutes - the ability to plug and play is often overlooked in sim racing titles.

Having said all that, this update really has elevated AMS2 to another level. 90% of the cars I've driven since the update have been improved imo. I keep seeing people go on about the differential and tyre updates, but I honestly don't really care what it is that's improved - they just seem better and overall, feel more natural.

So I just want to say a big thanks to everyone at Reiza and all the other people/testers associated with the project. Please, keep up the good work, it's really appreciated and I hope the influx in people buying the game in the last 24 hours keeps up some momentum so you have more funds in your pocket to keep re-investing into this sim.

There's still some oddities, bugs and imperfections, but it seems you are listening to the community and that's why I have so much faith in this game becoming even better.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  8. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You are comparing apples to oranges and literally trying to put words in my mouth by misrepresenting things.
    We aren't talking about historical data. We are talking about deprecated and wrong data by today's standards. Literally.

In the end, it's not my decision. I just think you are caring a bit too much about this.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. vinicius alvarenga

Lets agree to disagree.

10. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Well, you can take a snapshoot and save on you hd
    Its like compare a different circuit in two separate moments in time with a multiverse with different law of phisics

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Come on guys its just a TT leaderboard, if you could get a good time with a sticky diff you can do it now as well

12. vinicius alvarenga

How? I would love to have a snapshot of the TT DB and create such website myself.
    Or do you mean a screenshot?

I understand, hence why I think it is fair to restart the leader board.
    However I think it is unfair to reduce to ashes all the effort made by so many players in the previous version. From my point of view, feel free to disagree, it renders TT meaningless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

It’s meaningless if you suck and care so much for your one and only record time :D We have a skill rating to improve on now.. not some lil TT number

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. Joerg

Joerg New Member

This Update is just wow!!! Reiza rocks!

But the Audio Problem: "No spotter and race Engineer" still exists. Center Channel Problem?

Checked on my Site:
    Creative XFI Titanium 5.1 & Stereo
    Realtek A1220s 5.1 & Stereo
    Ingame settings: audio levels
    trying spotter and engineer set to allways and authentic
    Other games: Project Cars 2 spotter and engineer are working fine!

15. Dylan Hale

Dylan Hale Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Stupid question, have you turned them on? Because mine where off by default and I haven't bother to turn them back on.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

So, are there any plans to include options to disable the built-in filters that cannot be turned off for controller users?
    The physics improvements are good but with a Xbox 360 controller there's still that feeling that there's a bit of delay in my steering inputs even though I set speed sensitivity & controller damping to 0. Having options similar to AMS1 and being able to get raw controller input and fine tune from there would be nice.

Iirc currently there's no spotter/race engineer in AMS2 even though the options suggest there is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joerg

Joerg New Member

Thanks for that info!

18. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just wanting to clarify: GamerMuscle has been saying the exact same thing for about one and a half years. He's always been criticizing the behaviour of the cars in corners, the sudden snaps and the understeer at the beginning of the corner.

This has partly been answered by either telling him that he had wrong impressions/was wrong about lift off oversteer, or alternatively trying to justify said behaviour.

Now, an update comes out which adresses every single one of these points, and GamerMuscle immediately acknowledges that.

I don't know about you, but I seriously respect the guy for both, his previous criticisms (which, as it turns out, were bang on the money), and this video. I'm not sure this has been a victory for anyone but him, because he was proven right on all accounts.

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Well well, according to the Steam Charts site, AMS2 just beat rF2 (albeit briefly)...for a single day!!
    Hardly earth-shattering, but that's a first by my reckoning.
    :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  20. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed after running a few races against AI my offline statistics showed the correct number of races (6 - two restarts) but didn't record all the wins. Only one out of four wins was recorded.

Also AI still seem far too slow in the wet to the point where it's not worth bothering.

• Agree Agree x 1