1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just now after exiting the game i've found i have another AMS2 D/L, patch, or something. I don't get them every time i exit the game though, so maybe this was somethiong, no patch notes though so im just guessing

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's the rating system, updating stats.

• Informative Informative x 5
  3. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Thanks Crimson, good to know. :)

4. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

No problems at all. It took a while to sync at the beginning but then was running smooth as butter

5. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Anyone whit stutter problem have tryed with an Lsc Windows? (Iso floating around ). Is a very stripped oficial version of windows 10 for medical equipment and Kiosk, no futiles updates..only the basic.

2 anyone also have an external audio device?

I have both and no stutter. (1650, ryzen 2.6 ,16 gb, sdd, 1 monitor, 1080p)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Ricardo Amaral

Ricardo Amaral Member AMS2 Club Member

I also noticed a drop in performance, I always got a solid 60 fps and a gpu load ranging from 65% to 75%. Now on nordschleife and some other tracks and certain places I got a 20 fps drop at some points.

Something I noticed is that the winter and autumn foliage demand a higher gpu load, but even with the summer foliage is still noticeable a slight drop compared to before. (but the winter and fall foliage always consumed more gpu since the release)

And I play in 1080p ultra, and even in the beta time the performance was always very good, this is the first time I have a performance drop.

I also noticed a downgrade in the internal shadows, I took a screenshot of a youtube video and compared it with the current version, you can see that even in ultra the shadows have lower resolution in the cockpit. Novo Projeto (2).jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For those interested in NIS, I would recommend not using shadows (specifically distant shadows on track) as a visual comparison. I went down that rabbit hole yesterday and tried different combinations to try and get the shadows looking good...only to discover several threads in this forum (pcars forum too) that discuss the same issue (with no real solution).

Even with native resolution and High MSAA the shadows have a strange shimmer to them. I typically race in VR with shadows off (so I never noticed) but was testing NIS with the monitor and cranked up the settings to the max. Needless to say, I couldn't get shadows looking good no matter what I did.

However, for NIS, I would recommend using 20% or less sharpening. The default of 50% looked strange to me. I settled on 77% scaling with 20% sharpening. Looks good to me and performance is great.

It won't help everyone but if you have friends with old PCs that are interested in AMS2 this is a game changer!

• Like Like x 3
  8. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

Because it HAS the 81kw-engine but running with ethernol which according to spec should have the power output visible in the game UI.

Why Reiza used ethernol instead of gasoline? :shrug:

9. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe because Reiza modded both cars from Volksvagen Brazil, where ethanol is quite common.
    Anyway, what difference would you expect in racing such a road car burning ethanol or gasoline? Minimum differences, even knowing that ethanol gives a bit more power and a bit less torque than gasoline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

re Freezes. With v3 onwards I had 5 in car ingame freeze of image, were yours similar/.
    (3-5 seconds whilst racing and in pits followed by black screen but audio still playing . hell . Not had before. force quit game and restart. (hoped car was not left on track for others, no way of telling. ( I will try the audio option y mention as audio quit for 3 seconds taday as well as rest here)
    So. uninstalled ams2 and fresh overnight install inc nvida drivers
    license rating retained but stats back to zero instead of wins podium/finishes 2hrs11mins game time etc all zeroed (e/f license and points saved)
    New Fresh version today
    Online with ai and player, @Dicra ? or similar name. Hock historic retro. Q finishes and other chap stuck in pit lane. i could look around and see other cars in pit lane and not their garage. Pressing continue and esc had no effect. some time later had to force quit.
    + Disconnect in multiplayer race

AMS2 does (its seems) Not support Cloud save. Despite above (updating) If you have to or/decide to reinstall new ams2 seems this end that stats are reset. (same as pc2)
    Pics
    A before reinstall
    B after reinstall

As this is WIP/beta rating system perhaps devs can enable cloud ? auto save option in steam

Attached Files:

• a.jpeg
      a.jpeg
      File size:
      202.3 KB
      Views:
    • b.jpeg
      b.jpeg
      File size:
      470.6 KB
      Views:
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

Your player profile stats will revert indeed, but look at the rating, you have even higher one in the second screenie. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. vinicius alvarenga

vinicius alvarenga New Member

The value someone gives to anything is personal.
    I understand that you might not bother but you and everyone else can't demand people to just suck it up. That is not of your or anyone's concern.

People will react the way they think is appropriate.
    And in capitalism we vote with our money, so if the game moves away from all the different sets of player base interests, the interest in playing the game is therefore reduced.

Reducing what people achieved into ashes for me is a bad call. But then again I came here in mission of peace and love to talk about it in a good mood but some guys are very unpleasant.

This little chat about TT becoming meaningless being responded as "Suck it up you loser, print your only lap and stick it in the middle of your ... wall" just comes to show the spirit of the community and I can quite confidently say such does not fit my style and that meaningless aggressiveness also reverberates in the poor open lobbies experiences.. anyway I digress.

You guys convinced me, by the looks of all the responses I got TT is futile, the game was unfairly unplayable before and now one must print the only lap he has driven and stick it in the wall.

Thanks guys, very much appreciated the constructive debate we had.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. cpcdem

cpcdem Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For what it's worth, in every racing sim I do 50% of my time time trial and 50% online racing. I am also sad that countless hours put into TT laps will go into oblivion, but on the other hand I am glad this will happen, because a lot of current leaderboards are completely obsolete.

I have already screenshoted (nice verb!) the ones I'd like to remember, it's very easy with simply hitting F12 and I am absolutely fine with that, I don't think I would need anything more before wiping the leaderboards. Having them available in a web service would be great not only in this case, but also for later and I am sure it will happen eventually, but I don't feel it is necessary to have it right now. Screenshots are enough for me.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the FVintage Gen2. This was a weird experience. In terms of slidiness, the car met my expectations, but I felt like there wasn't nearly enought torque. Had almost no wheelspin at all, only when turning and accelerating very hard simultaneously. When the exit was straight, there wasn't any wheelspin.

15. CrimsonEminence

Shorten the gears (but might need a look).

16. Gdude66

Gdude66 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone else having issues with crew chief working now?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member

Eek, crew chief issues?

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

:):) Yes I am aware, thanks Crismon,:) mores hrs is reason for increase R
    It was for illustration of the stats zeroed as mentioned, I recall this with pc2 so now stats mean very little/corralation to rating + in pc2 I lost 600hrs+ after problem. so no hrs an S licence
    2nd time in Pc2 was solved since I started from zero stat and rating then enable cloud save. Also I saved user data folder that had correct stats but heck it was all a long winded pain. Which folder is user data correct in ams2 to back up/copy? (anyone)
    Fresh game was backed up in total today but correct folder would be easier.
    Im no stat/rating freak (others maybe more so concerned) but just, asking to enable in nxt update or later, cloud save.
    I have really just be trying to solve the freeze thing this end and determine ams2 or pc issue, fresh instal is part of process as well as nvida drvs.
    Stat thing cropped into observations.
    @Mr. K 's audio related post caught my eye, hence my post.
    further testing to follow, to wittle down possible cause.
    With the several posts about fps problems since beta rating/stats update , there may or may not be a connection, as "freeze image to black" new here.
    :)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  19. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope. Working fine here as I speak!

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wonder why the new Monaco/Azure track has some grass/weeds inside of "Grand Hotel" hairpin.
    Don't see that IRL.
    monaco2.JPG

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1