1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. doomwarriorx

doomwarriorx Member

for me non. But i would least expect a information on the UI which fuel a car is using to avoid this confusion (plus printing the right cylinder number would also help). BTW Ethanol has more power and more torque - not less. I would disagree - 10% more power for me isn't "a bit".

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, is it possible to have explanations on the Ranking system?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Its is in the pipeine from the release notes:

"The update also introduces the beta version of our Multiplayer Rating System - information on the mechanisms of the system as well as other relevant information for AMS multiplayer and its ongoing development will also be coming in its own dedicated thread soon."

(pc2 is similar)
    ONLINE quote from pc2:: If you race and win against drivers who are a lot better than you, you’re going to get a lot of points—similarly, beating drivers who are slightly better will also see you get assigned a decent point score. If you beat drivers who are worse than you, you’re still going to get points, but not as much as if you beat higher-ranked drivers. Of course, should you lose against drivers who are ranked lower than you, you’re going to lose points.
    The Safety Ranks system is as follows: Unclassified (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest).
    This Skill Rating number ranges from the lowest at 100, up to 5,000 as the highest, with the player’s starting strength set to 1,500. All players should be aiming for S5000 licenses therefore.end quote

Inc ffb= info
    "Information on these FFB updates along with an updated tutorial to best set it up will be posted on a dedicated thread soon."
    RS release post #3

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Brazil....

And the cylinder # will be corrected at some point, of course.

5. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

TT is not futile and it’s about to become far more relevant and competitive again.
    I’ve no doubt you will be able to better your time with new physics.
    i am far from the aliens in terms of pace , but have many so called records, but then that only because the guns haven’t used that specific combo of car and track for which there is far too many to count.
    just because i’m at the top doesn’t mean i’m the fastest.

Just enjoy having a go at beating the next person on the list .

• Like Like x 7
  6. amsimp

amsimp Impatient Racer

Question with the new FFB. So with the Fanatecs (CSL Elite), if the driver damper is set to DPR100 and in game 0, would that be the same as DPR0 and damper 100 in game?

DPR100, in game damper 0 = DPR0, in game damper 100??

When I have the wheel DPR100 and in game 20, it feels like 120 damper, sort of thing (just what I feel but Ik it’s probably not logical)

7. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Not sure where else to post this:
    1) Even though steering wasn't changed, I feel like driving with pad is even more intuitive as of now.
    2) It would be great to have the tire heat display back. I guess they were a little too hot when that thing in the last corner happened, and it would have been good to know in advance.
    3) AI still needs work, because they are still easily outbraked and too quick out of corners (in this case, too quick out of last corner).
    4) Doesn't stop from most races being good fun.

8. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Please remember this is a road car.

• Like Like x 1
  9. selwyn gregory

selwyn gregory Member AMS2 Club Member

Had another go against the AI with Light Rain mid race and then drying out at the end.
    AI 120% strength.
    I was slightly slower in the dry when it rained I started to catch them.
    They all pitted over two laps and I stayed out. I took the lead and win by 50 seconds.

Tried again taking wets myself, damn no wonder the AI are slow it was like I was driving on slicks.

AI I think are fine but player slicks have way too much grip in the wet.

Did a 20 lap race on slicks light rain all the way through oddly AI also start on slicks but pit at the end of lap one. I won by 40 secs at 120% AI.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Andy Sperber

Andy Sperber Member

Perfect Update! Physics on a good way now.
    Next: - GFX (AC sol mod style and PProcess-Filters) and improved water/spray
    AMS2 is a beauty but i little bit to comic coloured sometimes, some reflections and textures are looking articial, especially when lights shine on them. Crying on high niveau but if i see AC content manager stuff with Sol etc. then i think the "gfx-looks" are a thing we should take from there. I just want more photorealsim and that has 99% to do with filters and setting them to my personla preference. Like i said above the rain/water is nice and 1000x times better as in ACC but a full modded AC has the way more improved "high tech"-spray. AMS2 can look so good, but somtimes the look of the spray (and the die-rate of the spray) breaks my immersion in replays, just looks near realism but to "fizzy/graini/blurry".
    It has to look more natural imo.
    - MP-Infrastructure (Iracing style, but better and for free)
    - some elements of the BeamNG damage-modell
    ( - Getting the FFB better and better)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

I don't mind the reset, but do you think that the new physics will make everyone faster? I previously did a 6:44 on the 'Ring in the BMW M6 and now I'm lucky if I can get down to 6:50. I realize that it may just be because it's different and I need to adjust. I also had several days off in between attempts.

12. yuriasd

yuriasd New Member

It's already the end of the month. When will Racing USA part 2 be released? What about the new models from Nissan?

13. Kuku Maddog

Kuku Maddog Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

depends on car by car i’m sure , some are easier to control now , making it easier to go faster. and some are just slower in general as well, there’s so many cars i haven’t had time to try.
    Put in original posters case . i went on and had a look at his record. it’s not a track layout i’m familiar with but with a bit of practice i was easily able to get within a couple of tenths of his time , so i see no reason why it’s not achievable to replicate and improve for him.
    Let’s be honest im probably 2 seconds off what a certain few driver’s could do with this combo.
    so … is this even something to debate ? with all due respect. but looking at it realistically , it’s not worth the time of the devs to try and keep these old times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Gabriel Andrade Pessoa

Gabriel Andrade Pessoa TotosaLoko

Nice update, but please, button colors for those using Xbox/Playstation controllers would be extremely welcome, many like me use it as a navigation support or to play, and on many screens they just don't appear, this is a tremendous difficulty for someone who keeps jumping from simulator to simulator and having to guess the buttons, as would car dashboard signage for cruise/speed/pit control for those who support this feature, i'm tired of being penalized when i have the hud disabled.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Alain Fry

Alain Fry Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Which car / track combo ?

16. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Buddy you have been on this forum for like a year, I’ve given you my settings previously, I’ve seen you asking for other people’s settings, you’ve messed around with tray tool, debug tool, nvidia settings and in game settings. There’s nothing left for you to try, only to accept that what your card is producing, is what it’s capable of and that you aren’t missing anything. If it runs smooth and looks good, those are your settings. Jump in and enjoy what you have and stop worrying about what you may or may not have or what you may or may not be missing out on.
    The G2, your card is the very bottom end of the minimum requirements to run it at 90hz. If you aren’t happy with your settings now, how is adding another 10hz and a truck load more pixels for your card to render going to help you?
    The G2 you will end up paying £600 for less screen door effect. To keep your in game settings as is and to keep it smooth, you will end up dropping steam VR resolution to approx 40%, you will likely have a lower res than the rift S but the pro will be you will have no sde for the cost of £600.
    You would be far better off buying a new gpu, then once the gpu is installed and working, sell your 2070 on eBay. Not only can you buy cards at inflated prices, you can sell them at inflated prices.
    Ultimately it’s up to you, but buying an even more powerful headset to optimise performance, instead of buying a more powerful gpu, is the definition of the cart before the horse.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I thought this was interesting.
    7lmirnwvlk281.png
    Apparently the reply was deleted shortly after being posted.

My guess is that rather than being 'not allowed to' do AMS2 videos, Jimmy was being facetious here and really is avoiding them after the discussion his last video raised. It was the video where he drove only the DPi for a few laps and was critical of the sim in it's entirety.

At the time, understandably, Reiza asked if he could do more in depth videos before being critical -remembering that his influence could really hurt a small studio financially.
    So perhaps Jimmy isn't willing to do something more in depth, and the result is a bit of a stalemate where he's not going to give it airtime at all. A bit of a shame if true, given the giant stride that 1.3 is.

Or, I could be completely wrong.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. James Lee GTE

The irony is strong.
    I think this update will show which you tubers are gagged by certain studios. It’s fine to publicly trash another sim (nascar and ams2), but not allowed to praise another sim. You would be hard pressed now to trash AMS2, in fact it’s pretty much impossible! If he doesn’t make a video about it, I think that’s all you need to know about Jimmy’s income stream and gagging orders. I hope I’m wrong about him, he was the first you tuber I subscribed to, but the proof will be if he makes a shining positive update video about v1.3 or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Not really.

Even without having evidence, I strongly suspect Jimmy is paid to do content for the F1 and Forza Horizon series for example. As a serious sim racer, he does a disproportionately high volume of content for these titles. These are AAA titles from companies with loads of cash. It makes sense he's getting paid.

I highly doubt there are gag orders though, and there's no reason to believe he doesn't have free reign on his views outside his paid stuff. A simpler conclusion is that he's not willing to do an in depth review of AMS2 (as Reiza requested), so instead he's doing nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  20. James Lee GTE

I’m interested to see if he does make a video on the update. For me personally it’s a demonstration of character. If any person is going to be quick to criticise, they should be equally as quick to praise. It doesn’t matter if you are in sim racing, sales, sports team or in general life. If something or someone deserved your criticism when they were bad or made a mistake, then they deserve your praise when it’s been turned around and they have done well.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2