1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry mate, no toxicity but you made the fatal mistake of making it about your WR and not the LB. if you hadn’t of mentioned it in your post you may have got the response you were looking for.

See you on track sometime

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

"Put you out of your misery" isn't non-toxic verbiage. And you even say "no toxicity, but" you go right back down the same lane. There are ways to disagree with someone. This isn't it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Takfar

Takfar Member AMS2 Club Member

To get back on topic:

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but according to the Acelerados videos, the Virtus was supposed to have better top speed due to better aero related to the body shape, whereas the Polo should have faster acceleration due to lower weight.

What I found using the default setup (not there's much that can be changed in this regard, gear ratios can't be adjusted) is that I can get the Polo up to 200kph on 5th gear (still a long way off from redlining the RPM) and the Virtus only up to 199kph (this was done on test day, going around the Daytona oval and simply ignoring the inner road circuit by bumping away the cones)

Is something wrong with the Virtus's top speed? Also, 6th gear appears unusable for racing, but I suppose it's in there for normal driving purposes, allowing it to run at lower RPM for extended times while at higher speeds in the road (and tbh 5th will also go unused in most tracks). Am I getting this correctly?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've underestimated just how transformative the Monaco update has been.

I ran a test 10-lapper with GT3s with a random 4 slot weather setup yesterday. Azure has always been one of my favourite tracks in AMS2, but this felt more like a manic Nurburgring GP Endurance session: intense, tight, relentless action, with incredible weather transitions. The track became rain-lashed and waterlogged up by the Cassino, and yet remained almost dry down at the harbour.

The sudden downpour at the cassino took me by suprise, so I belatedly dived into the pits...only to be confronted by an epic scene of frantic activity, as milling pit crews danced around jostling queues of cars, arriving and leaving in a chaotic frenzy!

I'm 600 hours into AMS2 now, with many Endurance sessions under my belt, but until that moment, never has any sim made me sit back and gasp 'Holy sh*t!' In amazement.

Thanks, Reiza! :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please stay on topic guys. (Just a general reminder) :)

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Rookie_Driver

Rookie_Driver New Member

I drive the GTI version of this car and after dialing in settings, the behaviour is spot on. I personally thinkntjey nailed it with this car, I've done RL trackdays on the ring and now I can do the same in virtually the same car, al be it slower. The references and feel and behaviours are re
    I drive the GTI version of this car and it feels slow but also it feels right, Front Wheel Drive has never felt as good in any other game as it does on this one. I drive nurburgring IRL too so I have some reference points there.

I just wish they added the red colour variation. Mines so pretty in red

• Like Like x 5
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

attach a photo of your red rooster ;)
    A custom livery shouldn't be a problem :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  8. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

You are correct, those cars never get to top speed in last gear. 6th and 5th in 5 speed geerboxe must be considered pure economy gears to glide along at 130km/h at 2900rpm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rookie_Driver

Rookie_Driver New Member

Damn I'm on mobile and its telling me the file is too large, even when i just snap a foto it wont work. I'm a noob on this formatting and forum, but I have it set to my discord profile pic which u can find at

Yuri Molotov#7800

If you really wanna see it I can send tons of pics of it

10. CrimsonEminence

Have you re-tried the VWs after their diet? They're significantly less weighty now, thrown that family out.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

FYI folks - we have a good lead on a source of stuttering & other performance related issues on some systems both generally and especially since the latest V1.3 release - we are working on getting this sorted for the next release.

For this reason and also to ensure some extra polish on the content for release, we are pushing the release of the new update along with Racin´ USA Pt2 to Friday December 3th.

• Like Like x 50
    • Winner Winner x 15
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. David Vickery

David Vickery Member AMS2 Club Member

That's great, that you have a handle on it. I experienced it yesterday evening. Is it related to the number of online participants? The race I was in had 20-odd people. Just wondering if we can work around it by limiting numbers in the race.

13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks mate that makes sense

14. CrimsonEminence

It's not "directly" related to playercount, but it gets influenced by it *very* likely, so maybe at least worth a shot to reduce playercount a bit in the meantime, if there are performance issues occuring.

15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Take as long as needed.

As I said before, MP and polishing what we already have is making AMS2 rise & shine. We are getting lobbies with 20+ cars consistently at the hour I can race (american friendly timezone), one or two weeks ago not even in our dreams this was possible.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Saw like 6 or 70 lobbies with 20+ people last night. I was like: 'WUT' @sgsfabiano <3

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. TischKadaver

TischKadaver New Member AMS2 Club Member

Saturday it is ^^

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

YouTuber drama aside, I gotta second Demeisian's comments on the Azure/Monaco update. I'm honestly shocked at how different the lazer scanned version is from the previous one. Sector 3 is way flatter and smoother now, and with the updated barriers you can carry a ton of speed. The whole track feels more narrow, but it's less bumpy and faster in some corners. Portier is significantly easier now than before.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  19. Darkmater

Darkmater Member

Really appreciate the expectations setting. Any chance for further hints or announcements on the third track or is it being left as a surprise for Friday.

20. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's the consequence of the player base having more than doubled since v1.3, reaching rF2 level player count overnight (and even a slightly bit higher). Let's hope it stays that way and even increases with Racin' USA Pt2 !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2