1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.3.0.0 RELEASED - Now updated to V1.3.0.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 27, 2021.

1. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think having a popup that tells you the tuningsetups folder was renamed would be sufficient. Nothing is lost and we guarantee that users will have the best experience. I think American Truck Simulator has these popup messages when they make updates that might break mods.

So instead of auto deletion it would auto archive. Not sure what the tuning files look like though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If the tuning files had comments/titles available, that would probably be good enough, assuming people make one change at a time and store it in the title/comment.

3. Gillish

Gillish Member

Have you considered that for rear-drive cars with significant power, it might actually be a good strategy to have softer rear springs for the benefit of traction? There are after all many other things that affect understeer/oversteer characteristics of the car, so it's not like a softer-rear-sprung car is destined to be understeery nomatter what.

4. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Active Member

Thanks oez! Yes that sounds very sensible! I could probably benefit from drilling deeper into his setups in that case as I do focus on much shorter races and absolutely hammer the tyres, engine, transmission etc with joyful abandon! I appreciate the insight :)

5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, of course it's considered. But thing is, if you don't support the weight of the car it will create instability and wobbly behaviour because it won't have the means to fight inertia. The fact that we are also talking about cars with seriously developed aero makes it worse, because all that downforce at high speed will squat the rear end to the ground, and raise the front. Negative rake is something you don't want, unless physics are flawed.

These cars have also several other settings to improve traction, like anti roll bars, dampers, tyre pressures and cambers, diff settings, and so on. Springs are more often than not the very first thing you define on your setup, then go bit by bit from there.

Cancelling the grip of the front end is of course a valid method to improve rear end grip if you are struggling with that. But it's one of the last things you should do, a setup needs to search for all 4 corners of the car to work well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

Did they ever talk about improving the crash physics? You can crash at 300km/h into a wall and the car just comes to a stop with all 4 wheels attached, The crash physics of AMS1 were a lot better, with the car bouncing back and wheels/parts flying all over the place.

7. Gillish

Gillish Member

Regarding static and dynamic ride-height, there is of course rake... most of these cars also have a higher static rear ride height. The F1 cars have 3rd springs to keep them up under DF load.

Anyhow, I don't know what is the truth, I also often increase rear spring rates. However I would love to know what the real cars run. I would not at all be surprised if that is softer springs in the rear, for a 50/50 RWD layout. AMS2 is definitely not the first sim to have this as the default setup, I think I've seen it in most any sim.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Er mate, have you not tried going into your gameplay settings, turn on full damage and also turn damage scaling up to 200%, then try driving into a barrier at just 30mph, you're gunna get quite a surprise I promise you!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely not the first sim where I see this happening, you are right. I just wish there was an easy way to share setups outside the Time Trial system.

10. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Definitely would be nice to share setups in multiplayer. Would definitely be easier than dictating suspension values over voice chat.

11. Valle1950

Valle1950 Belgium AMS2 Club Member

It's not the damage model that I mean, more the impact while crashing into a wall let's say. The car doesn't bounce back naturally it's more like bouncing up and sticking to the place where it crashed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

The bumpy camera thing...don't really get it. All looks fine to me. In terms of suspension animations, the Classic and Retro open-wheelers all behave as expected. It seems as though anything from the 90s onwards has suspension that doesn't visually move.

...and I had waaay too much fun testing them :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Demeisen

Yep, agree with this. I think there are other things to focus on first, but if AMS2 has the sort of lifespan that I think it'll have, then the sort of impact physics that you're talking about will come. iRacing has a good weight to the lower speed crashes:
    iRacing Crashes Compilation #14 NO MUSIC (Online Sim Racing Accidents) - YouTube

• Like Like x 2
  14. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice to hear..... But can you post your settings? Are you on VR or Monitor?

15. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Auto reset and Restart of pc. just like windows/epson, software,/hardware, os, systems etc etc
    certainly for major changes like this 1 referred to.
    It could auto save the other settings, that are not affected (buttons etc)
    Save a shedload of grief/misrepresentation

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  16. Demeisen

Monitor. Default camera settings.

17. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

I have the season pass so I'll have access to the content anyway, but for people on the fence about whether or not to buy the USA DLC this is a great opportunity to try it out:

"Get ready for take-off and clear your weekend as we have a 1990s racing nostalgia trip coming up! Racin´ USA Pt2 is being deployed for Automobilista 2 later tonight along with update v1.3.1.0, featuring some classic american open wheelers and two iconic tracks - Cleveland & Watkins Glen.

No need to get your wallet out just yet however, as both Racin´ USA Pt1 AND Pt2 will be free for all AMS2 owners during this weekend!

If you enjoy it, buy it on Monday to keep playing & to receive the remaining cars and track to be added to Racin´ USA Pt2 later this month."

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. br1x92

br1x92 Active Member

So no Nissans yet :(

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That Heusinkveld livery tho...
    It's Beautiful.gif

• Like Like x 1